Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old                12-09-2004, 10:31 AM Reply   
Ok, I need a little help. I'm a wakeskater, so I don't know much about wakeboards.
I'm looking for a women's wake board for
my girlfriend for Christmas, but they don't seem to be reviewed as
much. She only has 1 season in so far, but we go almost every weekend
so she can ride smooth, and she can 180 back and forth with no effort
now, cross the wake, so she's ready to advance a bit. I was hoping to
spend around $200, so I've been looking at the Blindside Flower, and
the Double Up Serina, but they appear to be more beginner boards? The
only other ladies boards I've found are the Hyperlites, and a couple by Liquid Force.
Any suggestions?
I stated her current skills above, she's weighs 125 and my guess is 5'8"
Thanks.

BTW, I may raise my budget if the Liquid Force Diva is recommended, they have this combo right now which looks like a huge savings:
http://www.wakeside.com/page/W/PROD/wakeboards_wakeboard/liquid_force_diva_134_package
Old                12-09-2004, 11:04 AM Reply   
I have a friend that has a Diva and really loves it. It's a stable board that is good for the skills you listed. But really, you don't have to get a "female specific" board. Go with the same rules on "male" boards, just choose a size between 131 and 136. I ride a HL Belmont and love it.
Old     (p1emt)      Join Date: Sep 2004       12-09-2004, 11:06 AM Reply   
I ride a hyperlite tement 138 i am 5"9 140 first year riding ! I can do pleanty of tricks
Kim
Old                12-09-2004, 11:16 AM Reply   
Hehe, yeah, I thought about that, since their are a lot more "male" boards, but with my girlfriend, there has to be a balance of performance and "cuteness". ;)
Well, I actually got an email back from Kayla Anderson (Wake Boarding Magazine) and she said that Diva deal is really good and that it has a great shape, and Liquid Force also make s good bindings, so I think I might go with that. I ride LF wakeskates, and love them, although that doesn't mean they make great wakeboards.
Thanks for the help.
Old     (dbjts)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-09-2004, 12:28 PM Reply   
Get her an ironing board, about 147 and give her your shirts.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-09-2004, 3:46 PM Reply   
I have been riding for three years and I just got my Blindside flower and love it.

And as far as design....the 05 design is really 'cute'. I like the 134 Assassin Model.

Bindings are so personal, what has she been wearing and are they easy for her to get in and out and comfortable to ride.
Old     (duvy)      Join Date: May 2002       12-10-2004, 3:30 PM Reply   
My wife and her friend started wakeboarding this summer and I helped both of them pick out boards. We purchased a LF Nemesis 131 for my wife and a HL Divine 134 for our friend. Both boards are nice and the ladies dig them. I picked up a whole package (board and bindings)for my wife for $225.00! I would look for closeout grom boards if I were you. They are the best bang for your buck!
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       12-13-2004, 3:30 PM Reply   
I bought my g/f the 2000 LF nectar w/ super suctions for 150 shipped to my door off ebay. I think its a 135 or 133
Old                12-13-2004, 3:34 PM Reply   
anything LF makes pretty much rocks---and the diva is a great board! she will LOVE LOVE it!
LF sphynx bindings w/ that would be the deal ;)
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-16-2004, 12:46 PM Reply   
My wife loves her Divine.. You can get the 05 model for about $250 +tax/shipping at several online stores

Don't buy her bindings... take her someplace and buy her the set she likes!!
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       12-17-2004, 6:16 PM Reply   
CWB Lotus, great board. a 132
Old     (scott0)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-20-2004, 7:37 AM Reply   
girls are stupid dont get her anything
Old     (melanie)      Join Date: Apr 2001       12-23-2004, 10:04 AM Reply   
Oh yeah! Well boys are dumb! Throw rocks at them!

If you get her a 05'134 or 5 LF Substance(red & white) with 05' ERA bindings(green) it would be very festive
Old                06-07-2005, 5:38 AM Reply   
I'd recommend the CWB lotus and Zeus bindings. The bindings are a bit expensive but well worth it =)It locks your heel down and it's gives you a snug fit but still very comfy. Plus, it gives you enough flexibility to move. The board is an excellent choice! Cuteness included plus stellar performance!
Old                06-22-2005, 1:12 PM Reply   
i don't like the graphics on the diva, get her an angel(liquid force), a divine (hyperlite) or a vixen (o'brien). i really liked the vixen.
the one that most matches is the angel i think because it has a lot of performance and still kinda cute
Old     (wakejumpinjen)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-14-2005, 8:29 PM Reply   
Wes,
Depending on your girlfriends' desire to one day take on some awesome tricks...I hightly recommend the Angle series. I have tried many boards and fell inlove with the Angle 130. Pop, easy riding, steady and able to take her to the next level! Also, LF finally got the Minx bindings right! Most comfortable, simple and easy in/out design. PS. check out my profile pic and you'll see the board and bindings spoken about. Good luck.