Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (kjohnson709)      Join Date: Aug 2015       08-29-2015, 6:07 PM Reply   
Check it out I'm super excited. I learned to wakeboard behind my grandpa's pontoon boat and my dad's Nordic go fast boat. Now that my brother and I are in are mid/late 20's and have solid careers, we decided to pull the trigger on this beast! What do you think? Where does everyone in Southern California get their boat's serviced?

It is a one owner boat that had been stored in the garage and serviced after each season. It checked out the inspection and ran great on the water!!! Old owner sold his vacation and needed to dump the boat!

Any Tige owners out there have any tips/tricks on weighting the boat, common issues you have had, etc...

Here are the spec's I know of so far...

Boat: 2005 24V
Hrs: 79 (yes only 79 - previous owner used it one week a year on vacation and then had it winterized)
Engine: 6.0L Vortec
Tower: Xtreme Phat Buddy??

Attached Images

Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-29-2015, 6:32 PM Reply   
Congrats!

Check www.tigeowners.com for anything you ever wanted to know about that boat.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-29-2015, 7:41 PM Reply   
That's a great looking boat. Awesome. Enjoy!
Old     (kjohnson709)      Join Date: Aug 2015       08-29-2015, 7:46 PM Reply   
Thanks guys! I am super lucky to have found it!
Old     (That_Guy)      Join Date: Aug 2015 Location: Central Ohio       08-30-2015, 5:57 AM Reply   
Looks sweet, congrats!

It doesn't look like it's on the trailer far enough though, I'd probably float it on a bit further so it doesn't rock while towing.
Old     (kx250frider617)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-30-2015, 10:44 AM Reply   
It has closed cooling, it's either fully closed or just the engine block, either way that's a nice option to have.
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-30-2015, 5:30 PM Reply   
Very nice, drop me a line when you need a 3rd at Perris. surfvista@gmail.com. And when you are ready to surf that ship look up Wake9 Robert has that hull dialed in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZOH508Pn2Y
Old     (kjohnson709)      Join Date: Aug 2015       08-30-2015, 5:52 PM Reply   
Nice thanks guys.

Will do Bryan, thanks for the video.
Old     (CHUCK_K)      Join Date: Aug 2015       08-31-2015, 10:14 PM Reply   
I have a highly trusted mechanic in So. Cal. I'll PM his info if you're interested.
Old     (phillywakeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-01-2015, 6:28 AM Reply   
That's a super clean boat! Congrats! I hope you have great luck with it.
Old    Paxdad            09-01-2015, 7:26 AM Reply   
Nice!! I think if you bend the legs in on the canopy and lag screw them on the sides of the gunwales you will have a really nice bimini!!
Old     (kjohnson709)      Join Date: Aug 2015       09-02-2015, 10:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Nice!! I think if you bend the legs in on the canopy and lag screw them on the sides of the gunwales you will have a really nice bimini!!
Hahaha - I was working on the boat and wanted to stay out of the sun.

Quote:
I have a highly trusted mechanic in So. Cal. I'll PM his info if you're interested.
Chuck - please do!

Quote:
Very nice, drop me a line when you need a 3rd at Perris. surfvista@gmail.com. And when you are ready to surf that ship look up Wake9 Robert has that hull dialed in.
Bryan - thanks for the link. I knew the Enzo was the best set up for this boat.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-02-2015, 1:38 PM Reply   
Other then an actual custom specific to the 24V, the Fly High W712 Enzo is the best fit. A sac for a Z3, Z1 or 24Ve will not be the best fit.
Old     (CHUCK_K)      Join Date: Aug 2015       09-06-2015, 9:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjohnson709 View Post
Chuck - please do!

Sent you a PM. Great guy.
Old     (jacobs0222i)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-11-2015, 4:18 PM Reply   
I have the same style trailer for my Tige 22i. Make sure you come in really slow getting the boat on the trailer. Those carpeted wooden guide polls are a PITA. Hit them wrong and you scratch the graphics off. I ended up installing rolling foam pads instead.

I'm not that great and loading the boat so...

Also they don't make that tower anymore so if you need parts hit up Samson. I guess they were brothers or related or something like that.

Last edited by jacobs0222i; 09-11-2015 at 4:19 PM. Reason: add stuff
Old     (kjohnson709)      Join Date: Aug 2015       09-12-2015, 7:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
I have the same style trailer for my Tige 22i. Make sure you come in really slow getting the boat on the trailer. Those carpeted wooden guide polls are a PITA. Hit them wrong and you scratch the graphics off. I ended up installing rolling foam pads instead.

I'm not that great and loading the boat so...

Also they don't make that tower anymore so if you need parts hit up Samson. I guess they were brothers or related or something like that.
Thanks Jacob. I actually just replaced the bungie cords and used this Detail Doctor product on the board racks. They look new!
http://www.amazon.com/Detail-Doctor-.../dp/B00B9EQHFS

I know exactly what you mean about the trailer. I can see where the previous owner scuffed the graphics. I can't seem to find replacement graphics online either.
Old     (brodee42)      Join Date: Jun 2015       09-12-2015, 10:25 PM Reply   
Nice!
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-13-2015, 7:46 PM Reply   
Beauty!!! Congrats to you guys....
Old     (stingreye)      Join Date: Oct 2012       09-14-2015, 9:04 AM Reply   
http://www.yelp.com/biz/weber-marine...-newport-beach

Owner owns a Tige 21V and frequents the Tige Forum. He will also be at the Tige Reunion at Lake Meade.

He pulled my motor, replaced my ring gear and machined a new one that would allow for a top mount starter. VERY happy with his knowledge and service.

Congratulations on the 24V! I absolutely love mine. Puts a out a killer surf wave. I basically copied Duffy's recipe of mods.