Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (nicvtx1994)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-07-2011, 10:32 PM Reply   
Boat just got finished. Heres a little info and pics for you guys

Specs:

4 x XM9 Tower Speakers
4 x SX65M Cabin Speakers
1 x BiG15 Subwoofer
1 x Xi1K Harpoon Tower Amplifier
1 x Xi800.4 Cabin Amplifier
1 x Xi2500.1 Monoblock Amplifier
WS420 Equaliser

Electrical System Upgrades:

Added second battery - Deka Seamate 8A31DTM
Ctek M200 Marine Charger

VIDEO LINKS!!!
Driving down the street - http://youtu.be/2bdJAmonPWw
On the Term Lab. Watch the number on the left - http://youtu.be/Qe7-21BTjeY
Term Lab again, this time with a Bass test - http://youtu.be/uO41sPzMsGM

I think we would have got a 130dB if I could have played tones through it instead of music, but I only had them on CD and there is no CD player in this boat.

The system was designed so that it could be taken right out of this boat and into a brand new Malibu as this boat is for sale.

Last edited by nicvtx1994; 09-07-2011 at 10:42 PM.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-08-2011, 6:42 AM Reply   
Looks great!!! Nice work. T
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-08-2011, 6:53 AM Reply   
Nice set up!!! I am going to try and sell my XM7s so I can buy the XM9s. Anyone want a good deal on some 7s let me know very lightly used.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-08-2011, 7:17 AM Reply   
Can you post up a picture of where you put your batteries.

Looks very clean by the way
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-08-2011, 7:35 AM Reply   
First of all I love the componenets used and the install. It is very clean and looks amazing.

Second, I think you used the term "craziness" a little loosly. A few years ago I would of said it was crazy. Now, there are guys with 7 pairs Rev series speakers on one tower.

Great looking boat, great install.
Old     (TheSqueakyWheel)      Join Date: Oct 2010       09-08-2011, 7:40 AM Reply   
Mark,
Send me a PM. I might be interested in taking a set of xm7s off your hands to add to my 2 pairs of SXTs...
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-08-2011, 8:17 AM Reply   
PM sent.
Old     (ndavis03)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-08-2011, 8:22 AM Reply   
Very clean install, and it sounds amazing.

Does anyone know what song that is in the video driving down the street? Thanks in advance.
Old     (UNvisible)      Join Date: May 2010       09-08-2011, 9:04 AM Reply   
nice install, kinda sounds like a gorilla fart though
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            09-08-2011, 9:19 AM Reply   
Nice setup on the bu...but you are driving on the wrong side of the road lol
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-08-2011, 9:31 AM Reply   
very clean but still looking for the craziness in this install
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-08-2011, 9:45 AM Reply   
HA! Some old school DJ Magic Mike on the bass SPL test...love it!

Sounds really great on the road test especially seeing as it is going through a cameras mic.

Nice products, nice work.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-08-2011, 9:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by factorykitted View Post
very clean but still looking for the craziness in this install
Brian - sent you a pm yesterday. Did you get it?
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-08-2011, 10:45 AM Reply   
Nothing particularly crazy about that install for the US but from what I understand it's pretty crazy for those guys over there. Marine audio is fairly new and gaining popularity over there, think 10 -12 years ago here.
Old     (monroeyd)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-08-2011, 11:41 AM Reply   
Looks great. Nice work. The 15 sounds really nice.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-08-2011, 12:11 PM Reply   
Looks awesome. I agree with the use of the term "crazy" though. When I open a thread talking about a "crazy" stereo build, I expect to see a boat essentially made of speakers, batteries and amplifiers, with so much lead in it that it probably won't even float or plane out.

All jokes aside, great looking system man!
Old     (joebob)      Join Date: Jan 2011       09-08-2011, 2:23 PM Reply   
Crazy is the Big15 in a VTX, and still have loads of foot room.
Old     (nicvtx1994)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-08-2011, 2:49 PM Reply   
Anyone notice the new exile dome mounted tweeter speakers...

Yes this is one of/ if not the loudest boat in Aus at the moment.. This is the biggest system Jarryd at killer industries has done to date.
Jarryd at killer industries is trying to expand the market for aftermarket stereos in boats with the opening of his dedicated marine audio and ballast shop.
The market is fairly new here, most people would max out their systems with the stock gear offered from the manufacturer. So compared to most boats here in Aus this is a crazy install and most people would drool over this.

The exile gear is amazing! Tower speakers sound amazing even just them playing, and then once I fade in the inboats and sub on the WS 420 you have nothing but warm tones and perfect sound.. My favorite part of the install is definitely the inboats and sub.. Yes the whole point of the system is to project to the rider but I cannot get over how crisp the sound produce inside the boat is, the big 15 is an absolute monster!!! Sitting infront of that thing is like standing next to a train speeding past you at 50mph. The boat shakes, the steering wheel shakes like crazy and I wouldn't be surprised if my teeth and ribs fell out.

Big props to Exile audio and Jarryd at killer industries for doing a top job!
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-08-2011, 5:20 PM Reply   
Nic - Congrats on the new stereo. The boat looks super sharp even without the loads of Exile gear on it. Don't get hung up on the "it's not crazy" terms these guys are using. Fact is, very few boats on this side of the pond, are running 2500W real watts of bass power let alone a 15" woofer that can handle it. Yet, many of the guys posted in this thread got some insane systems.

In my book, a 15" woofer properly powered and integrated is pretty kick a$$. From what I see on the enclosure it looks like Killer Industries did a real good job on the build of it. I'd be curious to know what size it turned out to be. Does it sound better with any type of particular music? How musical is the sub tonality wise.

It's nice to see clean installs that can really crank! Good Job K-Industries. Whats 'crazy' is how much a bone stock BU cost over there in the AU! C R A Z Y! I hear Jarryd is putting two Big15's in his BU. I think Australia is on the quick catchup plan.

Enjoy the investment. I looks great to me.

Cheers!

-Brian
Exile Audio
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-09-2011, 6:49 AM Reply   
Gorgeous boat and stereo. Perfect execution.