Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-08-2016, 9:34 AM Reply   
Has anyone tried one of these new suction cup based, surf gate thingies on an X25 yet? If so, how did it work? Which one did you get?
Old     (Lemonade)      Join Date: May 2015       08-10-2016, 2:18 PM Reply   
Make one, it's both easy and cheap. if the homemade look loses it's appeal you can pony up for a Delta or whatever available version on ebay or WW. It's been a huge improvment on my small-ish boat, can imagine it will have the same effect on yours. Post before after pics please
Old     (mschmidt33)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-15-2016, 8:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdb View Post
Has anyone tried one of these new suction cup based, surf gate thingies on an X25 yet? If so, how did it work? Which one did you get?
Yes, my buddy has a 2013 X25. My homemade gate with 10x13 plate worked great! Due to the hull this worked better then the delta he bought as the homemade plate was bigger and could get more in the water. Only issue was goofy side we went 10.8 and the gate was throwing water back in the boat a bit. It might need a diverter plate added. We needed more ballast but this thing for sure transformed the wave! Insanely clean, tall, and tons of push. If you could make one with smaller suction cups and get it at the bottom step in the hull I would think it would be even better!
Old     (luke22885)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-15-2016, 8:44 AM Reply   
I have not seen one on a X25 but my buddy made one and it has been awesome on every boat we have put it on so far (205v, direct drive wakesetter, my 21V). Think it cost him $35. When i put it on my Supra 21v it is night and day difference. The best part is we just fill all stock ballast and dont need to list the boat much at all.
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-15-2016, 9:09 AM Reply   
A friend of mine bought the Delta and we are going to try it out this weekend. I'll report back, hopefully with some pictures.
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-15-2016, 9:10 AM Reply   
mschmidt33,
I hear what you are saying about the depth and size of the plate. I'll keep it in mind.
Old     (brazosfreak05)      Join Date: May 2009       09-16-2016, 10:25 PM Reply   
So what's the verdict with using the plate on an x25. I've tried a ton of different weight configurations but in the end is like to have an evenly weighted boat using the surf gate and that way I could take it off and go straight to wakeboarding without having to empty move fill other sacs.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       09-17-2016, 3:58 AM Reply   
Try the tsunami wakes it's like 140 bucks and adjustable. And he's not backed up a month, they 3d print them and get them out the door quicker