Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (jharmon203)      Join Date: Aug 2015       08-22-2016, 10:24 AM Reply   
Ok, looking for some advice here guys. I would like people to know I have at least search the forums for several hours looking for the right advice but I can't quite find what I'm looking for.

I have a 2000 X-star. I know they aren't the best boats to surf with, but they can still produce a decent wave.

My wife and I are just looking to get into the sport a bit when we are exhausted from wakeboarding for the evening or day.

A friend of ours brought a board that we were both able to get up and surf for about a minute without the rope (so hopefully that gives a bit of an example of where our skill level is)

So hopefully I am not asking for the world here, but I would love to find a sub 400 board. The CWB tsunami is about the only one in that price range so far I have found on this forum that people have nice things to say about.

I am about 5'7" 195

Any other recommendations?
Old     (alexair)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-22-2016, 12:22 PM Reply   
http://www.evo.com/shop/wake/wakesur...price-asc.aspx - there are dozen at least for sub 400
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-22-2016, 1:40 PM Reply   
what kind of board does your friend have? If it worked well on your wave for your skill level, then get something very close to what your friend has. buying a board someone recommends on the interwebs (or the cheapest one you can find) is kinda like buying clothes that fit someone else.
Old     (jharmon203)      Join Date: Aug 2015       08-22-2016, 2:37 PM Reply   
Alex, yeah I was looking at evo gear but was trying to figure out which one to go with.

Nacho I am not sure what board it was, it was a bit smaller and worked ok, but it was the first time that boat surfed so much could have been improved that day. I was mostly including that to say that I can at least get up so was thinking of taking the risk on a more intermediate to advanced board.
Old     (alexair)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-22-2016, 11:58 PM Reply   
I hope not offend you if I suggest pay more attention for matched color to your shorts or boat - any doors will be good for your experience (if you even not remember name of friend's board) . And remember - you able to remove fins any time.