Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       02-08-2016, 1:15 PM Reply   
I'm going to be working on routing some new wires form my ski locker to the deck for my tower control and I'm trying to figure out the best way to route them. I currently have an amp in there previously installed. It looks like there is a way to simply go under the floor but I am trying to figure out how without removing the floor. The boat is a 2005 Sanger V215.

I'll also be installing a new deck and want to run the accessory power wire to the battery so I don't have to reset the damn controls every time I turn the boat on after turning the perko switch. So, I am gussing I'll need to add wire to the accessory switch wire. Any particular gauge wire to use? Did you take it direct to the battery or the lug on the perko switch?
Old     (jamespjackson95)      Join Date: Jul 2012       02-08-2016, 1:35 PM Reply   
Can you electrical tape the new wires and pull them through with the old wires?
I would reccomend attatching the wire directly to the perko switch where the positive lead is on the battery you want it on. It will still have power when the switch is off and you can remove the battery easily whenever you need to.
Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       02-08-2016, 3:33 PM Reply   
I'm not sure that would work since it looks like whoever did this used Adel clamps all over for a professional fit.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       02-09-2016, 8:00 AM Reply   
12-16 gauge will be plenty. you have an amp in your locker? do you have a bag in there? I do and there's usually just a tad of water in there. definitely enough to ruin an amp tho.

seems like it would easier to run wires forward to bow storage then to the locker than through the floor.

careful with batt drain doing it the way you're talking about. maybe put a trickle charger on a for 15 minutes a day or so to keep it topped up.
Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       02-09-2016, 7:53 PM Reply   
I probably should clarify, I'm not putting anything in the ski locker with the ballast bag. My amp is in the storage behind the observer seat under the glove box. I've crawled in there and it looks like it may go under the floor for wiring. I never thought about routing around the bow but that makes sense.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       02-22-2016, 10:45 PM Reply   
Gotcha. Yea check out running them forward and under the seats. Will take a little more wire but well worth it I think
Old     (WheelerWake)      Join Date: Mar 2013       02-23-2016, 4:20 PM Reply   
My factory stereo wiring (different boat than yours) goes forward, around the bow. But up high, behind the top of the seat backs.