Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-02-2015, 4:09 PM Reply   
Warning if you don't wanna see 2 guys that are robbing a store getting BLASTED by the cops in Brazil then don't click on this link

https://www.youtube.com/embed/XjxO9idvhRU

But if you do then it's pretty good. Imagine if this happened in the US. The out cry of the Family's of the guy who were robbing the store would be. Im sure there would be looting and the normal outcry for roaches that get blasted!
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       09-02-2015, 8:04 PM Reply   
Do you think the penalty for armed robbery should be death? Then you simply have to change that pesky U.S. Constitution document with a 2/3 (or is it 3/4) majority vote of congress. Right now, the death penalty for armed robbery would be legally considered cruel and unusual punishment. Do you value the U.S. Constitution or is it just a piece of toilet paper to you? Police are there to enforce the law, not to deliver the punishment. These aren't Judge Dredd style street judges. The police are not empowered to deliver the death penalty for crimes of theft nor do I want them to be.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-02-2015, 9:33 PM Reply   
I personally don't have a problem with cops shooting people doing ARMED ROBERY. I think if your gonna live that life style, then you shouldn't complain nor should people complain about what I would call " a work related hazard" (getting blasted)

You wanna act like a roach then fine. I personally don't have any issues at all with people getting blasted Either by the cops or a store owner who had the opportunity.

And from the way I saw it the cops didn't headshot the guys so it didn't look like a execution to me it looks like they did shoot b4 asking questions and yes it's a slippery slope. One thing is FOR SURE if they wouldn't have done what they were doing the cops wouldn't have done what they did.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-03-2015, 7:54 AM Reply   
Thats how it should happen. Your rights end when you point a gun at someone.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       09-03-2015, 8:08 AM Reply   
^^^this
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       09-03-2015, 8:12 AM Reply   
Courts and judges are expensive. If this is really what you want, then lets just get rid of it all now. Fire all the judges. From now on street cops will deliver both enforcement and punishment. I'm sure they are qualified. Who needs the U.S. Constitution anyway? Now call yourselves patriots and wave the stars and stripes.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-03-2015, 8:48 AM Reply   
Eric, I get where you are coming from but why shouldn't the chance of death be a reality for anyone that is holding a gun up to someone else? The person holding the gun is apparently willing to take someone else's life. It's as simple as if you don't want to deal with the consequences then don't do illegal sh#t like armed robbery. Nobody says anything when gangsters kill gangsters.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-03-2015, 9:28 AM Reply   
Nowhere in the constitution does it say you have the right to participate in armed robbery without the threat of getting killed. Right to a fair trial comes into play after you have been arrested. If those guys were not armed, it would be a different story. If that were in the states and the business owner shot them, he/she would be fully within their rights to do so.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-03-2015, 9:32 AM Reply   
Do you think in places like Brazil where crime is very violent and the police have to work like this in order to have some sense of stability ? I'm sure the criminals in that area know how violent police can be. after seeing that video it appears that the Brazilian police are infamous for instituting their own instant justice . Yet people still seem to want to commit armed robbery. Think about how Frequent crime would be if criminals in Brazil had the type of justice system we have here.

I see what the Brazilian police did in that video as "rules of the jungle" it's easy for us to sit back and judge them, but when dealing with very violent people or communities just see how far being Mr. nice guy gets you
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-03-2015, 9:35 AM Reply   
Can any of you bleeding hearts tell us if they were planning on shooting the pizza folks before they left?

Didn't think so. Why chance the lives of hard working civilians to save a couple street thugs?
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       09-03-2015, 10:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakesk8er2 View Post
Can any of you bleeding hearts tell us if they were planning on shooting the pizza folks before they left?

Didn't think so. Why chance the lives of hard working civilians to save a couple street thugs?
^My thoughts exactly
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       09-03-2015, 10:24 AM Reply   
^^^^^ +1
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-03-2015, 11:35 AM Reply   
LOVE IT. Hard working business folk before asshat thugs. Wouldn't mind a little treatment like that over here.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-04-2015, 10:57 AM Reply   
If you point a gun at somebody and try to rob them you just lost all your rights. I would hope if I didn't have my LCP on me and this happen the cops showed up and did the same thing or anybody else with a CCP. Let some body put a gun in your face or your mom's or wife's or kid's and then see if you say lets talk about this and I'll give you another chance to do it again when you get out of jail.
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-04-2015, 11:11 AM Reply   
No problems with it when a gun is pointed at civilians/police during a violent crime. Now once they run away your time is up the scenario has changed, you are no longer in life threatening danger. If someone pointed a gun at my family and I had the ability we would pick up pieces later. But once they run off Its different. Not saying the hunt wouldn't begin.. But it's a different scenario
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       09-04-2015, 11:32 AM Reply   
It's called due process Paul and it's actually spelled out pretty clearly in the U.S. Constitution. Now go wipe your rear with the document and call yourself a patriot.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-04-2015, 11:53 AM Reply   
Evidently not clear enough for you to understand.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-04-2015, 12:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverRider View Post
It's called due process Paul and it's actually spelled out pretty clearly in the U.S. Constitution. Now go wipe your rear with the document and call yourself a patriot.
What legal rights did the idiots have that needed to be protected??? They were found guilty by local law enforcement and justice was served. MUCH MORE efficiently than we would have.
Old    bigdtx            09-04-2015, 1:10 PM Reply   
Gun in my face bullet in your face...

Boomshakalaka...
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-04-2015, 3:05 PM Reply   
Folks some things to keep into consideration

#1 this happened in Brazil ( is Brazil considered a Third World country)
#2 how they handle people in other countries might not be the best in the United States.

I do think it's rather convenient for people to sit back and judge how one should patrol and or defend themselves from the comfort of their home.

I do like to consider myself a civilized person but it does intrigue me how some people cannot recognize human garbage and they want to treat human garbage like Kindergarten girls. Roaches are Roaches. They don't have a place in our society. Think about what a world would be like if you didn't have to worry about people like this????

Of course this is just my opinion and I could be wrong but if you pick up a gun and commit a crime With it have no problem with the cops blasting your ass. In fact I would prefer it rather then fill our jails and court system with appeals lengthy costly trials that let repeat offended off and back into the street to do the same thing over and over.

F Roaches! Empty the clip
Old     (sandm01)      Join Date: May 2010       09-04-2015, 3:19 PM Reply   
glad it's on tape so the families of the kids shot can't come back and say they didn't have a gun. seems to be the status quo around the us.

I hope that in the next few years, all cops are wearing body cams. convict the cop if unwarranted and on the other side, prove to the grieving parents your kid was a drain on society. toy gun or real.
Old     (TerryR)      Join Date: Aug 2010       09-05-2015, 10:32 AM Reply   
Sorry Eric, you're wrong.

Case law is clear that the crooks in this case are responsible for the likely outcome of their illegal and violent actions. Illiminating the threat they pose does not need to be a fair fight. the cops arent required to warn them before shooting.
In fact, had one of these mopes lived, he would have been charged with the murder of the other in the liberal state of Calif.

Of course all logic goes out the window if this occurred in Baltimore.
Old    bigdtx            09-05-2015, 10:45 AM Reply   
My house was robbed 2 years ago. I found my personal belongings for sale on craigslist. I contacted the police and they did exactly nothing. Their attitude was to let the insurance company handle it. I did more work on the case than the "detective".

After that I armed my place to the gills with security alarms, cameras, etc.

I hope I catch some lowlife POS in my house next time because the video will be of me executing them - in HD.

Thieves make me puke and the cops are no better - they'd rather pull over a law abiding citizen on their way to work to give them a $50.00 traffic ticket than do any actual crime fighting.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       09-05-2015, 11:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverRider View Post
lol defend guys waving guns and stealing money from innocent lives who just went to work that day to earn a living and call YOURSELF a patriot. Just a hunch here, but i'd venture to say the United States constitution wouldn't apply in Brazil. Since you're bringing this argument to the U.S. lets also remember the same constitution giving you freedom of speech, also grants people the right to bear arms. You are more than free to defend your fallen comrades but i'd also suggest not waving a gun in peoples face based on the Second Amendment. The cops might not make it there in time to get blamed for killing criminals before someone defends them self and does the job for them. The outcome of this incident wasn't capitol punshiment as you suggest. It was the result of putting innocent lives in danger for a senseless crime. While you attend the funeral for two scumbags, i'll be eating pizza and celebrating life with some more honest folks.

Last edited by bass10after; 09-05-2015 at 11:47 AM.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-05-2015, 12:21 PM Reply   
Hey BigD

I took the CCW class and some things in your post are a big NO NO.

Your case of your house getting robed and then the Home owner decides to get a fire arm and protect himself is not uncommon. Here is somthing that trips people up.

Home owner gets a gun and tells his neighbors and friends " what he is gonna do"if he catches a burglar "next time"

Well god forbid it happens and you blast some fool for breaking in, the cops show up and interview your neighbors. The cops ask your neighbors about you and guess what your neighbors tell the cops?

They say somthing like this.
" Yea my neighbor told me he got robed a few months back and he bought a gun and was gonna blast the next fool who broke in"

I was told they can and have charged people for Pre-Meditation, & Lying in wate. As if you were some kind of hunter that had laid out a trap for some burglar to come into your home so you could blast them.

I know it's totally crazy and ridiculous.
You might want to brush up on the laws in your state that constitute "deadly force" Example you can't blast someone if he is just stealing your TV. However if the fool has your plasma under his arm and a gun pointed at you in the other then blast away.
Old     (TerryR)      Join Date: Aug 2010       09-05-2015, 2:02 PM Reply   
Big D.
kudos on a stand up answer. Most extreme libs will not admit their bias.

That being said. Either you were robbed or your house was burglarized. houses dont get robbed. That is Penal Code 101. I'm guessing your ignorance and attitude help the police to ignore you.

I'm not surprized, a similar disdain for the police has become a platform of the dem party. One day after the Black Lies Matter group chanted death chants to the police, they were officially endorsed by the Democrats.
Old     (TerryR)      Join Date: Aug 2010       09-05-2015, 2:20 PM Reply   
IRT your burglary. Its a low level felony committed by drug addicts and is a symtom of their addiction. They don't need to be incarcerated. Our incarceration rate is higher then the next three countries combined.

Get low deductible insurance and leave the door unlocked so they dont cause additional damage getting in. its not worth killing someone over your stereo or flatscreen.

$50 traffic ticket? A red light violation is $400.00 while a first time burglar only gets summary probation (means no Probation Officer).
Old    bigdtx            09-05-2015, 4:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
its not worth killing someone over your stereo or flatscreen.
It's not about my flatscreen buddy, it's about breaking into my house and violating my privacy and the security of my family.

You have any kids? You want some low life POS tweaker gangster tossing your daughter's bedroom stealing stuff to flip at the pawn shop or worse right in front of your face on craigslist while cops do nothing?

The Castle Doctrine is in full effect here in Texas and if I catch you in my home you're going down. Probation is an option in the next life.
Old    bigdtx            09-05-2015, 4:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Your case of your house getting robed and then the Home owner decides to get a fire arm and protect himself is not uncommon.
Hi G - I already had plenty of weapons - it was amazing that none of them got stolen - which is like the #1 target of most scumbag thieves. I had my stuff somewhat hidden - now it's like a james bond movie - I'm pretty tall so most stuff is hidden up high plus they stole copies of my car keys so now I always keep my keys in a hidden spot too.

A few of my my buddies own businesses in some sketchy parts of town and have had to pull on some trash bothering them at night out in a parking lot.

I don't carry all the time but GD - it's getting to the point where it's required...
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-05-2015, 7:18 PM Reply   
BigD. I think you will find out the Castle law has limitations. You will find that if some one is blocking your escape then you have the right. But let's say you catch someone and your chasing them out the door. You don't have the right. Example You can't blast some one In the back . The idea is if your blocked in you have no other choice. Then your good to go.
Example in your in a phone booth and some one decides to come in and start attacking you! The phone booth is your so called "castle" and you have no exit. Blast away! Your car could be your "castle" some one decided to attack you. Do you have a clear escape? Could you simply hit the gas and be gone ? Or are you blocked in? It's very interesting how they can twist "self defense" it's best to know how to position yourself so if your ever in a situation you can be sure you come out on top.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-09-2015, 7:00 AM Reply   
Just make sure they are armed BigD and get rid of the video.
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-09-2015, 7:05 AM Reply   
Conveniently we don't have the video for that detective even though you have already pointed out 8 of the cameras...
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       09-15-2015, 9:54 AM Reply   
No need in TX. Castle Doctrine is broad and reigns supreme here. It is designed to alleviate the problems liberal states have with criminals using the laws against their victims. No blocking rules or threat assessment required. They break into your house or car, they are giving their consent for you to add some extra drain holes. If it happens at night.....LOL.... I'm not sure there is even a follow-up call other than to schedule the free cleanup.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       09-15-2015, 11:13 AM Reply   
^^^ love it
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-15-2015, 12:16 PM Reply   
"Inside your “castle,” under certain circumstances, Texas law presumes you acted reasonably and justifiably if you use force or deadly force to defend yourself against an intruder who enters your occupied habitation, vehicle, or place of business or employment. What are the circumstances that will give you this important legal presumption? The first is where an individual unlawfully and with force, enters or attempts to enter your occupied habitation, vehicle or place of business or employment. The second situation is if an individual unlawfully and with force, removes or attempts to remove you from your occupied habitation, vehicle, or place of business or employment. If you are ever confronted with either of these situations, Texas law will presume that you acted reasonably and were justified in using force or deadly force. Therefore, in order for you to be convicted of any crime, a prosecutor would have to overcome this presumption in order to prove that you did not act reasonably. Overcoming this presumption is nearly an impossible task in a court of law."

"With regard to using force or deadly force to defend your “castle,” the Texas Penal Code specifically uses the word “habitation,” not the words “building” or “property.” Texas has a very limited definition of what qualifies as a person’s habitation. The “Castle Doctrine” does not cover your entire piece of property. The legal term “habitation” is defined by Texas Penal Code §30.01 as “a structure or vehicle adapted for the overnight accommodation of persons; and includes each separately secured or occupied portion of the structure or vehicle; and each structure appurtenant to or connected with the structure or vehicle.” This means structures that are detached from where you sleep at night are not considered to be your habitation. For example, Texas law does not consider your detached garage, shed, and/or barn part of your habitation. However, if your garage, front or back porch is connected to the structure containing your sleeping quarters (as exists in many suburban communities), it is considered part of your habitation as defined by the Texas Penal Code. Yes, this slight distinction in architectural design can affect your legal rights."

"Does Texas Have a Stand Your Ground Law?

The term “stand your ground” law, again, is not a legal phrase but a phrase the media frequently uses in its reporting. Texas law tells us that there is no duty to retreat if faced with a situation where you have to use force or deadly force to protect yourself or another. Even if by retreating you could avoid the entire confrontation, you do not legally have to. Texas Penal Code §9.32(c) states that in defending yourself or another person, you have no duty to retreat if: (1) you have a legal right to be at the location where deadly force is used, (2) you did not provoke the person against whom deadly force was used, (3) and you were not engaged in criminal activity at the time deadly force was used. The statute is better classified as a “no duty to retreat” law. Under these very limited circumstances, a prosecutor or law enforcement can no longer argue that you had a reasonable “escape route” or that you should have had to “fall back” before justifiably using deadly force. If you are facing a criminal charge, qualifying under this statute could mean the difference between a conviction or not!"

"If you want to protect yourself or another person, there are multiple situations under Texas Penal Code §9.31 where you will not be justified in using force or deadly force. If you fall under one of the following situations, you will not be given the “no duty to retreat” protection in the legal system:

1. The use of force is not justified in response to verbal provocation alone. (If someone is only yelling at you, you are not justified in using force against them).

2. You will not be justified in using force to resist arrest or search being made by a police officer. Even if the arrest or search is ultimately proven to be unlawful.

3. The use of force against another is not justified if you consent to the force. (No dueling or consenting to gun fights).

4. If you seek a discussion with another person regarding your differences while unlawfully carrying a weapon, you will not be given the “no duty to retreat” protection. Unlawful carry of a weapon includes:

a. a non-CHL holder carrying in places other than their premises, vehicle or watercraft;

b. having a handgun in plain view; (this may change after Jan 1, 2016 when "open carry" goes into effect in Texas)

c. engaging in criminal activity while carrying a weapon; or,

d. carrying a weapon by a person who is a member of a criminal street gang."

https://www.texaslawshield.com/castle-doctrine/

Last edited by snyder; 09-15-2015 at 12:22 PM.
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-15-2015, 12:20 PM Reply   
and the main thing to keep in mind....
"Just because Texas law affords you a legal justification for using deadly force when someone attacks you or enters or removes you from your occupied habitation, vehicle, or workplace, does not mean you are immune from being arrested or criminally prosecuted – even if you are completely in the “right” as far as the law is concerned. Your right to assert legal justifications is just that: a legal justification. It is not a get out of jail free card, or an “I get to skip the entire legal process” card. In fact, always remember, there is a high possibility that you will go to jail and have to post bond to get out long before the issue of justification is considered by the government. We see cases like this commonly under the firearms program, not to mention seeing cases of this nature unfold in other states everyday. You may ultimately have to go to court and assert your justification defense before a judge or jury. This process may take months or even years to get resolved. You just dont know."