Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    Axis22            06-08-2013, 2:06 AM Reply   
Who loves it when you got butter and along comes some tubers messing it all up 😡
I know there trying to have fun but don't get in the channel go out to the main lake !!!!
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-08-2013, 3:57 AM Reply   
What makes them particularly irritating is that they bomb the entire lake because of the zig zagging patterns... Get lost. Then they gravitate to you because you're throwing a big wake...
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       06-08-2013, 4:33 AM Reply   
Big Mable tube I see, my kids love that tube! . But yes they irritate the heck out of me also killing the good water! But all those guys running this way and that in their I/O's don't do us any favors either. Let's face it if we want butter it's either buy your own lake, ride at 6am or wait for it to get cold again!!!! That's probably why I like my drysuit so much!
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-08-2013, 6:44 AM Reply   
How did you get that shot from the boat?
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-08-2013, 9:00 AM Reply   
"But all those guys running this way and that in their I/O's don't do us any favors either".

Uh yeah. Because no one with an inboard or a true "wake" boat is ever breaking the unwritten code of only driving a straight line on the water.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       06-08-2013, 9:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrigo View Post
"But all those guys running this way and that in their I/O's don't do us any favors either".

Uh yeah. Because no one with an inboard or a true "wake" boat is ever breaking the unwritten code of only driving a straight line on the water.
Well on the lakes I frequent there are atleast 10 I/O's to every inboard style boat. And most of them are doing nothing water sports related other than driving around here or there basically cruising around. Which yes messes up the water! But yes you also have wakeboard owners who probably never do anything in the water and just cruise around also.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-08-2013, 9:34 AM Reply   
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-08-2013, 10:29 AM Reply   
Love my old buywake sticker on my fridge.... "No skis, No Tubes, No BULL$hi7"
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-08-2013, 1:34 PM Reply   
Wake up earlier and enjoy the early morning butter. Tubers are like boat hoes, they rarely show up before 12
Old     (CasMarks)      Join Date: Jul 2011       06-08-2013, 2:32 PM Reply   
We got up today and went to a spot where we rarely ever see any boats at all. After me and my buddy each get a set like 15 sailboats show up out of no where and start riding up and back right in our spot sending us endless mini rollers. Goodbye glass...
Old     (ToPHeR35)      Join Date: Jul 2011       06-08-2013, 4:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
What makes them particularly irritating is that they bomb the entire lake because of the zig zagging patterns... Get lost. Then they gravitate to you because you're throwing a big wake...
I know this feel.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       06-08-2013, 4:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasMarks View Post
We got up today and went to a spot where we rarely ever see any boats at all. After me and my buddy each get a set like 15 sailboats show up out of no where and start riding up and back right in our spot sending us endless mini rollers. Goodbye glass...
I don't care who you are... that's kinda funny there

Suck it up, mini rollers? Ride in small chop, wind, etc. It makes you better
Old     (robertstone9)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-08-2013, 5:38 PM Reply   
had some tubers a few days ago circling us iterating
Old     (morgan437)      Join Date: May 2013       06-08-2013, 9:25 PM Reply   
Every once in a while a slalom course gets set up on our lake in a cove away from the main channel, for whatever reason the tubers love to come destroy the glass as your on the course. Also the goons on 3 seater jet skis like to try and race around the course as your making your passes it drives me insane!
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-09-2013, 4:22 AM Reply   
That's when the Ws420 mic comes in handy!!
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-09-2013, 5:26 AM Reply   
^^ hahaha

Fisherman irritate me too. Don't get me started...
Old     (WheelerWake)      Join Date: Mar 2013       06-09-2013, 5:50 AM Reply   
If I were to guess, 90% of this is because of ignorance. They don't crave butter and don't realize that others do.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       06-09-2013, 7:11 AM Reply   
+1 on what wheelerwake said! Totally agree!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       06-09-2013, 8:54 AM Reply   
Is it wrong that I take pleasure in beating my children via the tube???

Name:  IMG_6749.jpg
Views: 2004
Size:  107.9 KB

Name:  IMG_6815.jpg
Views: 2013
Size:  102.1 KB

Name:  IMG_6660.jpg
Views: 2041
Size:  113.9 KB

Last edited by wakeworld; 06-09-2013 at 8:57 AM.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       06-09-2013, 9:52 AM Reply   
That looks awesome Dave.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       06-09-2013, 1:24 PM Reply   
Sailboats?? Drop your speed to 12 and send massive rollers that will get them outta there!
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       06-09-2013, 4:34 PM Reply   
Tubers and Jet skiers are the worst. When I pull the tube full of kids I go to the big channel and pick a spot away from others. This way I feel if a wakeboarder then comes in my area it is their fault. Lets face it most of us own a tube or a wakesurfer and I know my lake is not butter exept early in the morning or late in the day.
Old     (slowwwflowww)      Join Date: Mar 2011       06-09-2013, 4:56 PM Reply   
Dave middle pic looks like ya lost em!!Hah!!If we tube we make sure its on really windy day anyway when lake is already a mess and nobody is boarding.
Old     (slowwwflowww)      Join Date: Mar 2011       06-09-2013, 4:59 PM Reply   
My bad second glance I see somebody"s head
Old     (dvsone79)      Join Date: Dec 2012       06-09-2013, 8:48 PM Reply   
My wife is insisting that we get a tube for the kids. I agreed, but with the strict stipulation that we only pull it when the water is sh*t, and we never do donuts or zig-zag. Ugh. Just the idea of pulling a tube behind my boat turns my stomach.
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-10-2013, 5:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
My wife is insisting that we get a tube for the kids. I agreed, but with the strict stipulation that we only pull it when the water is sh*t, and we never do donuts or zig-zag. Ugh. Just the idea of pulling a tube behind my boat turns my stomach.
its for the kids. Just do it in open water and enjoy putting fear in their faces. We rolled to our normal stretch 9am sunday.......no fisherman, no other boats, and then a tuber comes screaming around at 9am. I'm going to start carrying a paintball gun in the boat. Worse part was our lake got trashed friday and there are HUGE logs and lots of debris out. The thought of that thing popping made me smile

Last edited by williamburell; 06-10-2013 at 5:50 AM.
Old     (whiteflashwatersports1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       06-10-2013, 7:03 AM Reply   
Love my old buywake sticker on my fridge.... "No skis, No Tubes, No BULL$hi7

Have the same sticker on my fridge and my wife has a tshirt that says "tubing is for fat kids"

With that said we own and tow several tubes. It is fun when the lake is blown out but never trash the butter!
Attached Images

Old     (quik876)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-10-2013, 7:16 AM Reply   
We always try a 7 or 8am dock time to get the good glass before the Taters (we call 'em taters, long story) tweak the lake out, usually by the time the Taters come out, we've worn ourselves out enough to get off the lake and grab some lunch. But yeah it's GREAT (eyeroll w/facepalm) when the Taters and the Tatertots are s-bending up one end and down the other of the lake. What I hate MOST is when they do ALL THE WAY AROUND the lake. UGH! the BIG lake a few miles down from our main ride lake gets tweaked around 9 or 10 and the rollers go on for-eva! the NEVER seem to play out, we LOVVE when an afternoon thunderstorm clears the lake, they just scatter like roaches.
Old     (rugbyballa3)      Join Date: Feb 2013       06-10-2013, 10:46 AM Reply   
i dont allow tubbing behind my boat. and i am on a small enough lake that its only property owners that are on the lake. so **** i get smooth water all day plus i am the only wakeboard boat there, the only other boats are 2 ski boats and fishing boats. hahahaha sucks for the fishermen when my wake from surfing comes threw!
Old     (BamaLurker)      Join Date: Dec 2011       06-10-2013, 2:26 PM Reply   
Ride cable; no tubers there
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-10-2013, 2:47 PM Reply   
There should just be a "tell me how you really feel" thread
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-10-2013, 11:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsone79 View Post
It can tear the transmission up, especially in older boats.
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-11-2013, 12:55 PM Reply   
Did anyone notice that Seth ( who started this post) appeasrs to be the offender? where's the rope coming from - HIS boat-LOL! Sorry not trying to bash- just sayin!
Old    Axis22            06-12-2013, 4:56 AM Reply   
Will, I got that pic from google images I don't even own a tube. LOL
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-12-2013, 10:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbyballa3 View Post
i dont allow tubbing behind my boat. and i am on a small enough lake that its only property owners that are on the lake. so **** i get smooth water all day plus i am the only wakeboard boat there, the only other boats are 2 ski boats and fishing boats. hahahaha sucks for the fishermen when my wake from surfing comes threw!
So its funny when you throw massive rollers at those who pay the same as you do to enjoy the water, but its not ok for others to do the same? I get it now.

Yes, ideally tubers and surfers, and fisherman would have their own areas of the lake to enjoy their hobby and it doesnt interfere with everyone else. However, how can you be pissed off at some dad or mom whonis pulling their kids on a tube and having an enjoyable day on the water? If they are being unsafe, grow a pair and motor up to them during a down moment and offer a little advice in a way that doesnt make you sound like a dik.
I had the same sticker on my trailer, and still have that sticker on my fridge in my garage. But dont think for a moment that i wouldnt bust the tube out regardless of the water, if thats what my kids wanted to do. I pay my taxes and lake dues like everyone else. I will utilize the water however i wish, as long as it is in a safe manner.