Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (mschmidt33)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-11-2016, 3:50 PM Reply   
Long story short I have a large credit at Evo and need to pick a new wakesurf board or boards. I will lay down some more coin if needed. I mainly ride a Doomswell Neo and Nubstep, Soulcraft HC Pro, Lakewakes Flying Saucer, and Phase 5 Matrix. We have a Ronix Koal Classic Longboard as well that is great for beginners. Please take a look at Evo.com and make some recommendations based on what's in stock please. 5'10" 180lbs. Thinking maybe a hybrid board to mix things up.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-12-2016, 5:15 AM Reply   
They had a sweet spot pro up on there. I love that board and it's definitely a sort of hybrid board.
Old     (mschmidt33)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-12-2016, 7:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardjnky4 View Post
They had a sweet spot pro up on there. I love that board and it's definitely a sort of hybrid board.
I only see the regular Inland Surfer Sweet spot and the Ultra? Which one do you have? Size?
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-12-2016, 7:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschmidt33 View Post
I only see the regular Inland Surfer Sweet spot and the Ultra? Which one do you have? Size?
I have the year model before they split it up. There isn't any difference shape, but the Ultra is all carbon fiber, which will make it lighter and stiffer. I don't think they sell multiple sizes.

I'd go with the 2015 Ultra http://www.evo.com/outlet/wakesurf-b...-2015-4-8-.jpg

Last edited by boardjnky4; 08-12-2016 at 7:48 AM.
Old     (Squamer)      Join Date: Oct 2015       08-12-2016, 8:09 AM Reply   
I was in the same situation as you. I also ride a Neo and love it, if I was you I would be looking at cutting the price in half and getting a variety.

I don't need a 1000$ flyboy because its similar to my Neo (don't get me wrong, i love the flyboy, had a flyboy bigboy and that's a sick board, the price is what pushed me into my Neo) but if your simply looking to burn up a credit and add to the quiver and not so much replace what your currently riding I would spend 3-500 and get two to have options. Otherwise that new IS air series board has my interest if it wasn't crazy expensive.
Old     (mschmidt33)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-12-2016, 8:31 AM Reply   
Thanks guys... keep the recommendations coming. No Flyboy available on Evo. Yes, just looking to add to the boards we ride. My Neo is currently broken so perhaps something along that line as well. Sweet Spot looks nice.