Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (CTXxRoss)      Join Date: Apr 2013       05-27-2013, 6:58 PM Reply   
So I've been wake boarding for a few years now... Finally got a good boat with a tower and its really taking my riding to a new level. But as I go through these posts I see a lot of ppl saying to keep the handle down at your lead hip with both hands on it. I usually ride with just one hand on the handle bc it feels like I have more motion in my upper body like this, versus having both hands on the handle.. Any advice for me? I also just extend my arm out in front of me like level with my chest, am I starting bad habit's?
Old     (JamesHawk101)      Join Date: Sep 2012       06-04-2013, 4:33 PM Reply   
Do you edge into the wake with one hand? If you do that is a big no. If it just riding around or edging out to come back in I dont see I problem with it though.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       06-04-2013, 5:31 PM Reply   
My grandfather didn't die in the South Pacific fighting for our freedom so guys like JamesHawk could tell what you can or can't do behind a wakeboat. You edge in to that wake however you want to...and next time you find yourself cutting in on one hand, give a silent thanks to ol' grand dad Ranger...
Old     (CTXxRoss)      Join Date: Apr 2013       06-06-2013, 12:54 PM Reply   
Lmfao!!! Good stuff right there ^^^
I edge out one handed and I've been putting both hands on the handle and tucking down on my lead hip these past times we went out and I have a lot more power in my cut like that. Still uncomfortable when cutting in on my toe side though.. I really really need to work on my toe side bc I feel very restricted in my movement with the handle like this
Old     (countryguy1717)      Join Date: May 2013       06-07-2013, 8:22 AM Reply   
I often ride one handed or with the handle inside my elbow when my arms get tired but if i'm cutting I have two hands on.
Old     (JamesHawk101)      Join Date: Sep 2012       06-12-2013, 8:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetRanger View Post
My grandfather didn't die in the South Pacific fighting for our freedom so guys like JamesHawk could tell what you can or can't do behind a wakeboat. You edge in to that wake however you want to...and next time you find yourself cutting in on one hand, give a silent thanks to ol' grand dad Ranger...
This made me laugh. Just suggestions though bud...