Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-14-2017, 9:05 AM Reply   
I am currently running a tsunami wake gate with about 700-750 pounds of center sac and lead up front. I am running twin 350's in back storage. About 1400+ pounds total and wake is very nice but wondering if anyone has better setup? Thinking about adding a bit more wait in rear but already take on a little water over back when we stop. I have auto bilge do I do t care but does anyone have better set up?

Thank you
Old     (shagman)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-19-2017, 4:16 PM Reply   
I run roughly the same weight in the front as you, but have 400 Lb bags in the back, as well as one 50 Lb lead bag on each side just in front of the rear bags. Those 400 Lb bags aren't quite getting full, but either way I have just a bit more in the back than what you're running. I'd say try the lead bags, they're not cheap but I think they're worth it since space is limited on the V210.

If we have a small crew sometimes we'll add a 400 Lb bag on the floor pushed to the back seat. I find the balance to be good. As for water coming over the back you definitely have to feather the throttle when slowing down.

Also I don't know how much you've played with the positioning of the Tsunami, but I find that it's easy to have too much deflection and take some push out of the wave. When the wave was clean really far back it didn't seem to push as much as when it had a bit more curl and slightly shorter pocket. Just another thing to play with.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-20-2017, 9:46 PM Reply   
Thank you I will play around with that
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       10-26-2017, 9:11 AM Reply   
sangers like a pretty good list. If you're weighting evenly, you're leaving some on the table. try draining half or all of your opposite side bag.

they also like weight in the front. I'm running 1100 in back, center (400'ish) with a 750 on top of it. you gotta get the rub rail in the water. more on surf side, less on opposite, more up front. throw bag on the floor to see how much a difference it makes. FYI i'm running 3200 lbs in my 230.

water over the back: do NOT chop the throttle when they fall. also it helps to turn opposite for a few seconds. if you normally turn left to pick up rider, turn right about 10-15* for 3 seconds while reducing throttle to by 1/3. then start your left turn with about 1/2 throttle left, spin the wheel left and slowly return to neutral, then bump reverse for 3 seconds. You'll throw a weaker wave that's dispersing on an arc rather than a straight line. take the roller directly on the side of the boat.