Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-14-2014, 8:01 AM Reply   
Nothing is for sure yet, but due to a recent diagnosis of cancer to my Mother-in-Law my wife wants to move back to our home town to be closer in-case it is the end....and the potential (one interview left) for me to get a REALLY good new job in the area means we'll probably be making the move and buying something on the water again.

...a buddy and I have owned 3 boats together in the past 10 years and would do it again -- I'm not worried about owning with a buddy either, it would be our 4th "co-owned" boat, we're best friends and the past ones have all worked out great.

What we want:
* 23' or more, and wide ... something with large interior
* Great for wakesurfing, decent wakeboard wake
* Already "done" .... we don't want to take a Maristar/Sunsetter/etc and add a tower/ballast... it can be those, but should already have that stuff
* Perfect pass to keep my marriage in tact
* Something within a 8-10 hour drive of central Wisconsin

The top end of the budget would probably be 40k +/- .... cheaper is by no means a bad thing.

Current hunt will probably be on:
Moomba Mobious XLV
Supra 24ssv
Malibu 23 LSV
MC X-30 ... maybe X-star 04+ (They never seemed that great for surfing though)
Tige 23v / 24v
Epic 23v (finding them is tough though)

.... anyone have anything good, bad, otherwise to say about these choices given our "wishlist"?
Old     (zimme)      Join Date: Feb 2013       05-14-2014, 8:12 AM Reply   
Any of those sound like good choices. If it was me, I'd be searching for the X30 or 24SSV.
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-14-2014, 8:23 AM Reply   
I know that you said 23 foot but this guy has had his listed for several months and would probably drop his price a bit. http://appleton.craigslist.org/boa/4423091316.html
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-14-2014, 8:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
I know that you said 23 foot but this guy has had his listed for several months and would probably drop his price a bit. http://appleton.craigslist.org/boa/4423091316.html
I guess with anything similar size I wouldn't really feel like it was an upgrade...

I should have mentioned my brother and mom bought the Supersport off my buddy and I afew years back, so it is still "at home" and I am able to use it, but they were looking to sell it off. My brother started a business and could use the money and my mom wants a new pontoon boat. So if 21' was what we wanted I would probably just buy the boat back from them and not have a payment to worry about.

... My buddy that would go in on it with me is now married and has a kid, I'm married now, and we have a fair amount of family on the lake, so the extra space of a bigger boat is our largest concern.
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-14-2014, 9:41 AM Reply   
70 miles from madison

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...3LSV-102117484
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-14-2014, 10:22 AM Reply   
BEAUTIFUL boat! .... the colors just perfect!
For the price though I think I would lean towards this one near Milwaukee and just have the dealer add Perfect Pass
http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=43238

10k cheaper, and similar hours... only thing I don't like the original titan tower is pretty ugly
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-14-2014, 11:18 AM Reply   
https://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=41935
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-14-2014, 11:30 AM Reply   
The buddy I would be going in on has always wanted a B52 or Tomcat.... this might be a great option. Ian, you've had MB's for years correct?.... surf way pretty good?
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-14-2014, 11:45 AM Reply   
Nick the one you posted was my uncles boat. He traded it last year on a MXZ, he bought the LSV new it new. If you have any questions on it let me know I can get you some info.
Old     (natedogg)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-14-2014, 11:58 AM Reply   
Nick, I was in a similar situation I sold a nautique ss and I wanted a boat that could fit more people with a solid surf wave on both sides as well as a great wakeboard wake. I test drove an 23lsv tige 22ve and finally an mb f21 and IMO the mb outperformed them both.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-14-2014, 12:07 PM Reply   
I think on those models the V23 the surf wave was very good.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-15-2014, 8:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Nick the one you posted was my uncles boat. He traded it last year on a MXZ, he bought the LSV new it new. If you have any questions on it let me know I can get you some info.
I might be hitting you up in the near future! I don't want to get his hopes up for a sale if things fall through on my end, but it looks like he took great care of the boat... there is one other LSV on OI that is maybe a 01-02 that is like 22k, for that price maybe its worth a look too.

Quote:
I test drove an 23lsv tige 22ve and finally an mb f21 and IMO the mb outperformed them both.
Every photo I have seen the MB's all look amazing, I didn't realize there was a dealer so close to WI, I thought they were more of a West Coast boat...

.... I should also add that an Axis A22 would be on the list too, they're starting to get close to the price point I'm looking for.