Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 17, 2003

Old     (smig)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-03-2003, 4:59 PM Reply   
Is there any nautique model where the prop spins to the left and not the right?
Old     (trey)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-05-2003, 1:50 PM Reply   
I really doubt it.. Nautique is pretty anal about the prop direction.. the idea is with no weight and only the driver in the boat the Right hand prop turn will level the boat out.. I don't see them changing that anytime soon
Old    monstersportsw            09-05-2003, 2:54 PM Reply   
All SNs spin that way. SN also claims it is safer that way.
Old    sfish            09-10-2003, 10:56 PM Reply   
My 1995 Sport Nautique has a left hand screw and I HATE IT!

You always pick up a skier/rider on the right side of the boat. With a left hand screw the back of the boat goes away from the rider.

(Message edited by sfish on September 10, 2003)
Old     (mitchm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-11-2003, 12:15 PM Reply   
Hey Dan, A LH prop brings the rear to the right (i.e. drivers side/starboard)when in reverse, and is better than RH spin for picking up riders and boards. I believe your Sport has a RH prop like the rest of the CC line, but there are others more knowledgable on this board. I have a bud w/ 94 sport and his is RH. Cya
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-11-2003, 10:53 PM Reply   
All Nautiques use LH rotation = top of prop rotates left as you face the motor when transmission is in forward (which causes it to back to the left). The reason Nautiques rotate the opposite direction is so the torque of the prop counter acts the weight of the driver when there are no other passengers in the boat. It is legal to ski with no observer in Florida where Nautiques are built. All Nautiques rotate the same unless somebody has converted them to normal direction. BTW, the designers at Correct Craft view the backing away from the skier as a safety feature not an inconvenience.
Old     (nautiair)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-17-2003, 10:43 AM Reply   
they also claim that it helps the boat turn both directions at about the same attitude...... some boats will only turn one way really well and the other direction makes more of a flat turn..
Old     (nautiair)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-17-2003, 10:46 AM Reply   
one thing that I like about it is that if you pick a rider up on the right you don't have the possibility of backing over them....... unless you are just careless and stupid.... it does take a little getting used to.... the other thing that I like about it is that I surf goofy footed so that puts me frontside .....wooo hooo
Old     (csquared)      Join Date: Jan 2002       09-17-2003, 6:52 PM Reply   
All nautiques use right-handed props. Prop rotates towards the driver's side of the boat or clockwise as viewed from behind the boat....that's right-handed
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-17-2003, 10:56 PM Reply   
same direction different perspective... my nomenclature may not be correct.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-19-2003, 7:32 PM Reply   
same direction different perspective... my nomenclature may not be correct.