Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-25-2014, 8:00 AM Reply   
Who is going to land or at least try something new this week-weekend? If you want to play, you have to make a commitment to progress below and report back in within a week (Good, bad or ugly). This is open to Wake riders, Cable riders, wakeboard/wakeskate, (wake surfers too, I guess).

It doesn't have to be top-end, It can be, "I should have learned this a long time ago" too. This is a chance to set up some accountability. I will follow up with loads of trash talk if you commit and don't report. This is a chance to get tips and advice from guys that can do the tricks you're trying and encouragement from others trying it. Videos/pictures of success and fails are awesome and there is no shame in admitting to wimping out as long as to tried something else. You can go out thinking 360 and report that you learned how to power slide--whatever.

I really have two goals here: 1.) Keep me busy doing something wakeboard related while I'm in between surgeries. 2.) Turn the tide on the negativity.

I really encourage strong riders who are lurking pros and strong riders who have been turned-off by this forum to get involved and share some knowledge and encouragement. I've been wakeboarding for a long time. If you are short on ideas, you can PM me and I have loads of little nifty tricks for all levels: Ballers, ski-lines, oies, etc.

Let's see how this goes and I will do another thread next week. Good luck and don't be scared to challenge yourself a bit.