Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 14, 2005

Old     (655mac)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-17-2004, 4:27 PM Reply   
Anybody know if Hippo is still in business? If not,who sells automatic ballast replacement parts?
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-18-2004, 6:47 AM Reply   
Scott, I dont think they are around anymore. I had a 4 bag system in my 01 Launch. Supra/Moomba did use them as an optional equipment for about 2 years but the system has evolved into a much better system now. My point is a local Supra/Moomba dealership might be able to get what you need, but ask if a newer redesigned part might be better. My best friend is a tech a dealership post what your looking for and Ill get his input.
Old     (655mac)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-22-2004, 6:01 PM Reply   
Thanks for the advice.I'm not sure what the problem is with mine yet.Either the control pad or the brain box.Thinking about replacing both with newer parts if available.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-22-2004, 7:55 PM Reply   
I would first check to see if your valves are getting power with a simple test light. Also the diaphram solinoid valve can stick open or stick shut very easy and is the weakest link in the hole deal. They become clogged with very small debris and if so remove the 4 screws from the valve seat to get to the diaphram and remove the debris from the valve seat. I used to have to do that about once a year. Good Luck.
Old     (jlembas)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-23-2004, 8:17 AM Reply   
Scott,

I'm not sure if Hippo is still around or not, but we have had plenty of experience with the computer modules. They all seem to go bad after a period of time. Your best bet is to replace the computer system with regular DPDT switches (that is of course if you can't get a hold of hippo). Also, Chris' suggestions are very good if your system is not pumping in the water. Either way, good luck. Oh yeah, if you do deal with hippo, make sure you do a COD or get the product up front!

Jerry Lembas
Fluid Concepts
www.fluidconcepts.net
Old     (655mac)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-23-2004, 12:49 PM Reply   
Thanks for the advice.The only problem now is finding time to work on it.Hopefully after Xmas.Thanks again