Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-05-2014, 11:51 AM Reply   
I am starting to research some options for a a new rig that hopefully I will buy in 3 months or so. I am waiting for my contract position to end and become an FTE.

While I am the type of person that will change their mind a million times I want to start to narrow down some options. I really like the mid to late 2000's 4runners and tacoma's but they are all so frigging overpriced it is crazy. For example my boss is selling his 2003 tacoma crew cab TRD and will probably get 17k for it. It is as nice of a 2003 as you can get and has a nice canopy but that is crazy talk for a rig with over 100k.

I work in a fairly populated area and have to park in a parking garage so I think the biggest rig I would want to go with is maybe a tahoe or yukon. I would really like a pickup with a canopy because I have a dog and it would be nice to be able to just let her hang out in the bed when I am taking her somewhere so I don't have to deal with fur everywhere inside. That said there aren't tons of Frontier pickups out there to choose from so I am considering looking at SUVs as well.

Does anybody have any thoughts on the the mid 2000's Frontiers, pathfinders or Tahoe/yukons(non denali or escalade)? I will be looking at crew cab trucks and all options will be 4wd. I would long be looking at the tahoe/yukons with the 5.3 and the 4.0 in the nissans.