Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 19, 2008

Old     (propeller_head)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-18-2008, 5:17 PM Reply   
I am 39 and after skiing for many years, have started wakeboarding this year - and love it. Looking forward to teaching our kids as well. We have owned many boats from 22' bow riders to currently a 34' cruiser. Here are our "requirements" and I would appreciate any thoughts on boats that meet these criteria under $30K:

- 22' to 24' feet. We need the room for the 4 of us and maybe 4 guests on occasion to spend the day on the water.
- handles rough water well. We boat on a large lake with a lot of summer traffic including 50' + cruisers making big wakes.
- walk through to transom. Do not want to have to crawl over a rear sunpad.
- MPI engine
- no carpet (snap in is OK). I do not like having wet carpet
- We would really like a head in the boat but I realize I am pushing my luck :-)
- I am less concerned about the wake as the extent of our tricks will be to eventually jump a wake if we are lucky. Did I mention I am 39?

I am not opposed to a boat 6-10 years old if it meets these criteria.

I realize I am looking for the comforts of a 23'-24' bowrider in a wakeboat. Is it possible?
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-18-2008, 5:48 PM Reply   
Funny cause I am looking to getting into a cruiser. I had a 2003 Moomba Mobius V. It would meet what your looking for. It did not handle chop very well but if you got 50' cruisers nothing will handle that chop very good. I would look into Moombas and possible Tiges.
Old     (eargasm)      Join Date: May 2007       08-18-2008, 5:51 PM Reply   
I could name 5or6 different boats for ya but they will be 40k-70k.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-18-2008, 6:19 PM Reply   
Mastercraft X-45
Centurion Enzo 23 and 24 as well as Avalanche or the 23' version of that boat.
Nautique 230/236
Malibu 23 LSV or 247.
Old     (jtech)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-18-2008, 6:36 PM Reply   
MasterCraft X-80 would cover most of your checklist:

http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/boa/802091677.html

A bit more than 30k, but a heck of a boat for the money.
Old     (ofwc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-18-2008, 6:42 PM Reply   
Moomba Mobius XLV between Thanksgiving and Christmas when prices are lowest.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2004-MOOMBA-Mobius-XLV-93482897

(Message edited by ofwc on August 18, 2008)
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-18-2008, 7:07 PM Reply   
Go sea trial any of the Tige 22 and 24 ft boats. Great performance, family friendly ride and comfort in rough water. Lots of storage, great power plants. These Tiges will rival the ride of the best bow riders of equal size. Walk-thu transom and nothing to step up on or over to reach bow.

www.Tige.com or www.tigeowners.com

We have over 200 hours on our 06 Tige 22Ve and just love it. Throws a great wakeboard wake for all skill levels and puts out one heck of a surf wake with out tons of weight.

Sorry, but no head and no removable carpet on the Tiges.
Old     (formfunction)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-18-2008, 7:25 PM Reply   
Tige would be a good buy in the used market.24 foot tige is a comfortable competent boat.I don't think anyone could match the space a 24 offers.great surf wake too and lots of storage.
I have less than thirty in mine.
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g240/grip01/laketrip004.jpg

(Message edited by formfunction on August 18, 2008)