Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (MantisTaboggin)      Join Date: Jun 2010       05-02-2014, 9:00 PM Reply   
So this may be a stupid question but do you have a rope preference? I usually just use our wake boarding rope and tie it off shorter. I will admit it would be a lot easier if there was a rope we used specifically for surfing.
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       05-03-2014, 6:15 AM Reply   
Buy a surf rope.. It's thicker, won't tangle and has a small handle.. A buddy of mine had his thumb pulled off from a wakeboard rope used for sur, wrapped around his finger.. Most disgusting thing I ever saw... Drop the Coin......
Old     (fence_sence)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-03-2014, 12:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pad1Tai View Post
Buy a surf rope.. It's thicker, won't tangle and has a small handle.. A buddy of mine had his thumb pulled off from a wakeboard rope used for sur, wrapped around his finger.. Most disgusting thing I ever saw... Drop the Coin......
x1000. I personally love the Accurate handle & rope. I also picked up a trick release last season in order to further avoid limbs and appendages from being ripped off. I've never seen it happen but, there are enough horror stories out there to convince me that $700 is much cheaper than a hospital visit.

http://skyski.com/store/comptech-saf...k-release.html
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-03-2014, 7:00 PM Reply   
I use a section off an old ski rope. Pick the length you want and, already owning it, it's cheap. A wake rope would be much more scary.
Old     (petrie141)      Join Date: Jun 2012       05-04-2014, 5:31 AM Reply   
Whatever is cheapest and a wakesurf specific rope with handle. The ropes without the handle can tend to mess up beginners (what hand goes on top, what knot do I use...etc)

http://www.evo.com/outlet-shop/wake/...price-asc.aspx
Old     (fence_sence)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-04-2014, 7:00 AM Reply   
The Ronix rope and handle is made by Accurate. It's exactly the same except the fact that it says Ronix on it.

I hate the ones with no handle. While there's little chance of getting tangled up it, it's really awkward to use. That's always a terrible thing for beginners.

RallyArt, you have got to be joking. $40 for a surf rope and and you're gonna cheap out? C'mon man. How much did you spend on beer last year?
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       05-04-2014, 6:07 PM Reply   
A lot of people like the ones that are thicker and have no handle, just a big strand of rope with some knots on it. That's good and I like those, but they aren't my favorite. Some people think they are easier to get up on and can be better to learn tricks on. Some of them also come with a "T" handle at the end.
The other kind is the kind with a small triangle that only one hand can fit in. It looks like a mini ski rope. I like these because they tend to be a lot lighter and you can toss them in the boat easier. When slacking the rope before throwing it in, it is lighter and doesn't get as much splash from the water as much so your balance isn't affected as much as the thicker ropes.
Overall I'm not too picky because I use the rope for all of 30 seconds as the wake forms and then it takes it's place back in the boat where it belongs.
Old     (avsec63)      Join Date: Sep 2013       05-05-2014, 1:21 AM Reply   
Plat an old Ski Rope to increase the thickness & then tie some knots in it for grip points.
May not look as fancy as a new rope but works just as good.
Old     (MICAH_HARPER)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-05-2014, 4:51 AM Reply   
www.agenda.com

great rope.

Use my Promo Code.......... Micah2014 for 10% off
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       05-05-2014, 8:34 AM Reply   
This is a good middle of the road rope. It's got a smaller handle and thicker section to grab as well. The seller is amazing and really great to work with.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wakesurf-Han...item19ec9b0afa

Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       05-05-2014, 8:34 AM Reply   
Link doesn't work
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       05-05-2014, 9:47 AM Reply   
Looks like we posted at the same time. I meant the Agenda link didn't work. Ebay one works.

Also the pic Trayson posted is the kind of rope I prefer for the short time I do use it. I liked it better when I was learning though.
Old     (MICAH_HARPER)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-05-2014, 12:29 PM Reply   
my bad

www.agendasurf.com
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       05-05-2014, 4:32 PM Reply   
Micah... there are no ropez' under the agenda rope and handles....

False advertising?... lol
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       05-05-2014, 5:28 PM Reply   
I noticed that too. I couldn't find a single rope anywhere on that site. I wonder if they make them, but they just aren't listed, or ...?
Old     (MICAH_HARPER)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-06-2014, 4:48 AM Reply   
huh........just looked.

they must be out of stock.

Let me contact them and see.
i will post what i find
Old     (MICAH_HARPER)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-06-2014, 4:49 AM Reply   
they make them for sure. i just got mine last week and love it. Let me talk to David Fields and see if they have any more and for what price and how to get hold of him
Old     (MICAH_HARPER)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-06-2014, 9:13 AM Reply   
So i talked to David and they have some on order. And will be taking pre-orders soon

they will be in in the next couple of weeks. i think they are 29.99 or 39.99 (not 100% sure)

Email David Fields at

info@agendasurf.com
Old     (Jbort)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-08-2014, 7:39 AM Reply   
I like the Liquid Force wakesurf rope
Old     (Woody)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-08-2014, 11:57 AM Reply   
Anybody ever try the Ronix PU Synthetic?

http://www.boardstop.com/product_inf...id=5502&ref=35