Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-24-2011, 9:27 AM Reply   
Am in the final stages of purchasing the launch but found a newer nicer looking 20 ssv. Much difference in wake ?
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-24-2011, 10:15 AM Reply   
I've ridden behind both and there's a huge difference in wakes, IMO. The 20v is a better crossover boat, the 21v is a tremendous wake boat. I also thought the cabin depth and size of the 20v was really noticeable compared to the 21. A buddy of mine was given a 20v as a loaner from his dealer when his 21v was in the shop, we all thought there a big difference. To be fair to the wake, however, I don't remember if we switched the bags out for the gravity bags when it was in the shop.
Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-24-2011, 12:40 PM Reply   
I really like the looks of it but if i have to sacrifice space and wake size its probably not worth it then huh.. Was the wake just alot smaller?
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-24-2011, 1:01 PM Reply   
It's been a while since I rode behind and in it, probably about 3 or 4 years, but I just remember that it was alot different. Not that it was bad, I'm not saying that, but it was just alot different from the 21v and I was a much bigger fan of the 21v. The size difference was also noticeable to me. Like I said before though, I don't remember if we pulled the gravity bags in before switching boats or not, that may make a big difference. May want to wait and see if someone who owns a 20v chimes in.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-24-2011, 9:25 PM Reply   
I have hung out in both. The 21v is a much deeper feeling boat. The wake is definitely bigger and steeper but you can plum in a lot of weight in the 20 and make great wake with it. I have a buddy that has one and has it dialed in and surfs it well as well. If you decide to go that route, I can get you in contact with him on how he sets his up. it is a good crossover boat and as mentioned above the 21V is deeper and more of a wake machine.....