Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (josh312)      Join Date: Dec 2016       09-05-2017, 2:41 AM Reply   
Anyone bought one yet or has it been released in the usa yet there not in the uk. If they can produce a surf wake like they say i shall be buying one
heydaywakeboats.com
Old     (TNwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Sep 2016       09-05-2017, 5:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh312 View Post
Anyone bought one yet or has it been released in the usa yet there not in the uk. If they can produce a surf wake like they say i shall be buying one
heydaywakeboats.com
I am getting to ride behind one I think at their show on the 16th. I have seen many videos of their surf competition in NC and it looks great. A lot of people go to ride behind them, I believe its still on the 16th.
Old     (Grizz)      Join Date: Jul 2017       09-08-2017, 9:18 AM Reply   
I was looking at these a few months ago but I'm just not sure I like the looks
Old     (TNwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Sep 2016       09-08-2017, 9:57 AM Reply   
did you look at the 1 or second model? I am riding behind them next weekend I believe. Ill let you know!
Old     (prorider17)      Join Date: Apr 2016       09-09-2017, 3:49 AM Reply   
I've seen that there a some members on this forum that are resistant to change (new brands) and this boat's looks. I've seen the WT1 and WT2 in person. Both are really nice. I haven't yet ridden behind one, but plan to soon. They just introduced their WT-3, or WT Surf.. it's more traditional in terms of layout. Go to their Facebook page, as they did a video walk through of the new model. It's pretty cool.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-12-2017, 7:41 AM Reply   
https://austin.craigslist.org/bod/d/...283884463.html

several more pics.

curious about the wake, have heard good things. still hate the layout
Old     (Grizz)      Join Date: Jul 2017       09-12-2017, 8:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by prorider17 View Post
I've seen that there a some members on this forum that are resistant to change (new brands) and this boat's looks. I've seen the WT1 and WT2 in person. Both are really nice. I haven't yet ridden behind one, but plan to soon. They just introduced their WT-3, or WT Surf.. it's more traditional in terms of layout. Go to their Facebook page, as they did a video walk through of the new model. It's pretty cool.

I am totally open to new brands, especially ones that don't cost nearly as much as my house but I just did not like the overall look of the Hayday. It seemed very small to me and I generally don't like the look of the pickle fork regardless of brand.

Personally, I think the prices of wake/surf boats these days are criminal!! Competition is always good provided it's of the same quality!!!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-12-2017, 8:39 AM Reply   
me too. this entry level boat concept has been botched several times. not rocket science, build it on a proven hull with a small (expandable) ballast system. avoid making it look like a transformer (where heyday stepped in it). put a tower on it standard with optional sound system. that's it!
Old     (TNwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Sep 2016       09-12-2017, 10:07 AM Reply   
I think the new one looks amazing. I am hoping I still get to ride behind one this weekend weather permitting.
Old     (petrie141)      Join Date: Jun 2012       09-12-2017, 10:56 AM Reply   
I'm a huge fan of getting more competition into the wake game which is a mindset I would hope a lot of us have. The industry we enjoy is so small on it's own I think anything that can help it grow should be welcomed with open arms or at least wished well. Whether it be board manufacturers, new boat companies, cable parks... whatever, anything that helps get more people out on the water is great in my book. And, if the new company helps bring prices down, then that's just icing on the cake. I struggled a little with Heyday when they first came out with their lineup because of the looks initially but that subsided once I got used to it (and that didn't take long). I think the fact that they offer an alternative to boaters on a budget is great. Instead of being forced to search the used boat market with all of it's pitfalls, anyone with a budget between $40 - $60k could get something brand new. Now, that doesn't mean owning a new boat is worry-free, but maybe for some folks the opportunity to have a warranty could alleviate a little anxiety.

Their new boat that was mentioned previously looks to be called the WT Surf. It's 23.5' long, 2,800lbs of ballast, windshield (which is new for them), and starts at just under $55k with boat, trailer, tower, ballast... etc. It also has a much more traditional layout which I personally feel is their best so far but I also wasn't hating on the WT-1 and WT-2 layouts either.

Here's a link to the video for anyone that was interested as well as some pictures.

Video - https://www.facebook.com/heydaywakeb...2338958629261/

Old     (TNwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Sep 2016       09-12-2017, 10:59 AM Reply   
I think it looks great, Sadly im one of those guys who wont buy new bc of the depreciation or buy at end of season for low deal. I am very interested in seeing these when they come to Knoxville. I think this boat could be a game changer if it performs well. the biggest thing is the specs. Like does it have plug and play and all that for extra ballast, doesn't look to be any surf gates so I wonder if it will work with the nauticurl and so on. So many questions. I would love to get my hand on one and do a full run through and testing. I always think the manufactures use the pros opinion but honestly who are the ones buying them, the non pros.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-12-2017, 12:18 PM Reply   
EVERYTHING is an option. When the WT-1 came out, it didn't even include any gauges (the tablet setup was optional and around $600). As far as I know, it does not have plug-n-play.

They said that the WT-3 starts at 54,999. That would be a completely stripped down version of what you see above.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-12-2017, 12:39 PM Reply   
better! that's a step in the right direction. I guess they're committed to the bow design, but the rest of the boat looks pretty good!
Old     (TNwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Sep 2016       09-12-2017, 12:41 PM Reply   
I know, my biggest thing is just wondering how well they will resale, like would they drop quick like the other boats but yet still can sell pretty quick or if they wont be sellable after being used.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-12-2017, 12:50 PM Reply   
I like the bathtubs on the back.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-12-2017, 12:52 PM Reply   
used market is pretty damn strong. but it all depends on how well received they are. Will people dump them after a season for what they owe? or will they be well thought of and command prices slightly less than the big brands? time will tell

I've heard the wake is legit. won't compare to today's monsters, but who really needs 10K lbs of displacement?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-12-2017, 12:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
I like the bathtubs on the back.
I don't, but just MO
Old     (petrie141)      Join Date: Jun 2012       09-12-2017, 1:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardjnky4 View Post
EVERYTHING is an option. When the WT-1 came out, it didn't even include any gauges (the tablet setup was optional and around $600). As far as I know, it does not have plug-n-play.

They said that the WT-3 starts at 54,999. That would be a completely stripped down version of what you see above.
In the video they said the WT Surf comes with boat, tower, trailer, ballast I'm pretty sure.

Edit: They mention that right around the 10:35 mark of the video. I'm not sure if that's the case for all of their boats though.

Last edited by petrie141; 09-12-2017 at 1:31 PM.
Old     (petrie141)      Join Date: Jun 2012       09-12-2017, 1:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
I don't, but just MO
My question is do the tub seats have a way to drain? I imagine they do since there's storage underneath them but I can spray the back of the boat with a slash when surfing and I wouldn't want that water to accumulate back there. Or, if you take a big roller somehow (or rain), there should be a way for it to drain.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-12-2017, 1:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrie141 View Post
My question is do the tub seats have a way to drain? I imagine they do since there's storage underneath them but I can spray the back of the boat with a slash when surfing and I wouldn't want that water to accumulate back there. Or, if you take a big roller somehow (or rain), there should be a way for it to drain.
one of the many problems with them.

cushion and upholstery would stay wet as well. would also take some getting used to to keep from stepping there the first couple times out.
any towels/bags are going to get wet and stay that way
really complicates the top deck and the building process = $$$
no storage
where's ballast go?
Old     (petrie141)      Join Date: Jun 2012       09-12-2017, 2:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
one of the many problems with them.

cushion and upholstery would stay wet as well. would also take some getting used to to keep from stepping there the first couple times out.
any towels/bags are going to get wet and stay that way
really complicates the top deck and the building process = $$$
no storage
where's ballast go?
I believe in their new boat the ballast is subfloor and integrated. For storage, they discuss there is storage under the seats like other traditional boats, in the ski locker, and under the hot tub seats as well. Dylan mentions the ski locker being big enough in his WT-2 to fit 4 wakeboards with bindings. There's also enough storage for a hidden small trashcan by the driver's legs and a small hidden cooler behind the passenger seat.
Old     (gregtay)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-12-2017, 2:50 PM Reply   
Very curious as to what happens with you catch that nose in a wave. Seems like everyone is going to get wet (either from water simply spraying up or taking a wave over the bow.)
Old     (onetogofast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       09-12-2017, 6:58 PM Reply   
The WT-3 is very interesting!
Old     (gravity)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-12-2017, 8:37 PM Reply   
The fishing boat handles have got to go. And in every picture i have seen and even when i saw one at the boat show the seats are all puckered and the foam was very soft. Lots of quality used boats at this price.
Old     (TNwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Sep 2016       09-13-2017, 5:28 AM Reply   
From what I can tell most people haven't seen the wake tractor surf. I don't see how that can take any way off the bow more then say Malibu, Moomba, mastercraft, or any other boat. They all have that chance when surfing. As far as the storage, it has great storage area and even on the wake tractor 2 has good storage. If you get to see their surf version, it has pretty cool features, like a compartment for trash, which I know is crazy but its smart, I haven't seen one on other boats yet. And something that I find very interesting, is an arm rest I think its thinking outside the box. I can see where maybe the seats stay wet, but I am not sure about how towels and bags will get wet where that came into play.

From what I see, you are right about a lot of good boats in that price range, but the question is how old are they? For 60k if you get a brand new boat and warranty compared to a 2011 it might be worth it. The other thing I like about these is from what I can tell they are very SIMPLE. Which means less things that can go wrong. Where you have Moomba supra Malibu mastercraft etc, they are so high tech and so much going on that so many things can go wrong. Plus they are designing boats for the average adult. I remember talking to the head mechanic for supra HQ, well now he quit to do it himself. He told us that the new boats have all geared towards the non riders in mind because more so people want it for luxury. Like an older lady wanting to drive the big supra so they added a lot of things to make it easier. Like adding a different type of ruder to make it turn easier which added 10k in price. He made the comment that women don't like driving the mans truck, but they will drive his sports car. so that's how they changed their mind set. I think heyday is on the right path with thinking, this boat is geared towards the sport, not those who just have money and want to buy a great looking expensive toy and not really use it for intended purpose.

I would love to take this boat and compare head to head with Moomba max, or Malibu axis, the boats that all seem to have the cheaper price in mind.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-13-2017, 7:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
I don't, but just MO
I was completely joking.
Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-13-2017, 7:18 AM Reply   
Its def a different looking boat...think id rather have the storage in back rather than the tubs. BUT if I lived on the lake theyd prob be nice to just sit in if I could just run back to my dock and didn't need the storage. All about needs. I also agree that at 50-60 there are quite a few more known and proven boats out there, at least someone is trying to bring prices in check.
Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-13-2017, 7:19 AM Reply   
And maybe im in the minority but I kinda like the front end.
Old     (mlzelenik)      Join Date: Apr 2016       09-13-2017, 7:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNwakeboarder86 View Post
If you get to see their surf version, it has pretty cool features, like a compartment for trash, which I know is crazy but its smart, I haven't seen one on other boats yet. And something that I find very interesting, is an arm rest I think its thinking outside the box. .
You haven't seen a hidden trash can on other boats? Pretty sure every boat has one
Old     (TNwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Sep 2016       09-13-2017, 7:26 AM Reply   
Yes in boats that aren't Malibu or mastercraft, or nautique or Moomba or supra, I seen where people buy tubs and put it in the storage.
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       09-13-2017, 8:37 AM Reply   
The tubs are interesting, i know that is where my kids would be if i had that boat! seems like they should have put cup holders next to where your hands would be if you were sitting in there. (but that is nit-picking i know)

Last edited by onlyinboards; 09-13-2017 at 8:37 AM. Reason: ...
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       09-13-2017, 11:15 AM Reply   
These boats are butt ugly . Id rather forgo the warranty and actually enjoy the lines and looks of my boat. Besides its a Bayliner has any of you ever worked on a Bayliner ? Unless they have made a complete about face in the last 2 years they are still junk . Dont get me wrong I love the idea of a lower priced wake boat but this thing just doesn't do it for me .
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-13-2017, 1:38 PM Reply   
I dig it. And I love the bathtubs. Also I would probably have sacks in them while riding.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-13-2017, 1:44 PM Reply   
didn't think about putting a 750 there
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-13-2017, 8:07 PM Reply   
There were almost there. Then they let some idiot design the "tub" seats. Always great to not have a lever surface back there. Expect a lot of accumulated water as well as twisted ankles and knees.

Sub floor ballastvor not , you lose over half your storage compartment with that idiotic idea. Not to mention it makes the boat look cheap with those stupid straps. shoulda just finished that area like a traditional boat. Shame cuz the boat looks halfway decent this time around, but then all hope is lost when you get to the sun deck area
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-13-2017, 8:58 PM Reply   
https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/...304504378.html

I bet you can buy this one for $20K
He has been trying to sell it for months. Statred in the 30's and now down to $25.
Offer him 20K and go pick it up
Old     (gravity)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-13-2017, 9:38 PM Reply   
Holy bow rise....
Old     (TNwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Sep 2016       09-14-2017, 5:49 AM Reply   
I am curious what is wrong with the sun deck area?? We are talking about the wake tractor 3 right ? now the 1? I mean I noticed most boats seem to have smaller and smaller swim decks, Malibu, Moomba, supra, all the newer boats have smaller swim decks. I know one I ride behind older supra 2005 it has a big swim deck but since then they been getting smaller and less lay out spots bc of the walk through part as well. So to me I think they made a sun deck that is good for anyone who wants to lay out more or get some sun. I would disagree, I think the wake tractor surf isn't ugly at all. I think it looks great, and from what it looks like its not ballast in the floor but built into the boat, that's just what the pics look like from surf fest, I haven't seen the boat in person yet, does anyone know???

I will say this, boats are a lot like golf, there is the very expensive name brands, nike, Titleist, calloway, but then came taylormade, who came out with rocketbladez, yes I play blades, I hate cavity back, but my point is, I have several friends that are noobs or playing for a while, all have the expensive name brand. I played rocketbladez. Usually 1/3 the price and guess what I still beat those guys. Or compete with the better players. My point is, until you knock it give it a shot, but there will always be those people who are so focused on name brand they wont even try something else. Same thing with wake surf boards. everyone in my area is phase 5 or hyperlite, no good board companies. I brought a chaos board and guess what, everyone who said their boards are great has just realized there is a better board out there now chaos. Don't knock it until you try it!!!! I cant wait to ride behind one of these so I can decide is this worth it or is it worth it to over kill price on Malibu, supra, mastercraft. If the boat works id rather save the money for more toys like boards !!!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-14-2017, 7:31 AM Reply   
WELL GO RIDE BEHIND IT THEN!!! then buy one! It looks stupid! once again, they make huge departure from what works and try some off the wall BS on their 3rd attempt at making something that will sell.

Do you get a discount if you get on here and juggle Heydays sack every day??? It looks ridiculous!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-14-2017, 7:53 AM Reply   
swim deck is the platform off the transom. (the transom is the back of the boat) not talking about the swim deck.

got nothing to do with golf clubs or surf boards. they got it 80% right then put big holes where people walk, relax and store things. stupid!

couldn't watch the video, that guy is REALLY dumb. bathtubs was probably that guys idea. "The Hey... I mean WT3 er... surf.. comes with port AND starboard ballast." Woah!!! Ballast on both sides!!! game changer!!
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-14-2017, 9:41 AM Reply   
I also would have made a few design changes like the others said.

1 - put a traditional observer's seat in. It would give the boat more seating.
2 - Move the engine as far back in the boat as possible, then cut off the engine bay right in front of it. That also would expand the seating.
3 - flatten the top out and put traditional lockers in. This is the ideal place for rear ballast.

For a 23 foot boat, it's lacking cockpit seating.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-14-2017, 10:20 AM Reply   
Wow. We're getting a little emotional.
Old     (TNwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Sep 2016       09-14-2017, 12:07 PM Reply   
I know people are getting emotional on this subject well one guy. If he doesn't understand the point I was making with golf clubs then I guess he is one of those brand guys that think their boat is better then everyone elses. On these sites like this I always find that to be MB owners or sanger owners. They aren't as popular but those people drink the Kool-Aid brand. Like most golfers who demand nike or titleist. But that probably still doesn't make sense to him.

For a second I was lost on his thing about the transom, but then I realized I messed up by saying swim deck vs sun deck. I am sticking with the point I made. Someone brought up all is lost on the sun deck, That is my fault but i will make my point again. I I kind of like the sun deck, because a lot of boats now have minimized the size of sun deck and it isn't that big where people can lay out like the older boats. The older supra or even older malibus I felt had bigger swim decks then the new ones. I like when people think different, outside the box.

Its always amazing to see people hate when others try to invent and do their own thing. More power to these guys for doing what they love and being creative. Instead of following the mold they are trying to break out and do their own thing. I am sure a lot of people said the same thing about wakesurf boats years ago going from ski to wake board, to now surf. HATERS GOING TO HATE because they have nothing better to do!!! He would make a good analyst on espn, all they due is argue and argue and hate and hate for ratings! HAHA
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-14-2017, 12:36 PM Reply   
funny you mention it, ESPN is dying because they forgot who they are and where they came from. too much politics, not enough sports, like Michael Sam's make out session with his DUDE. Much like Heyday who insists on doing "something different" rather than what people actually want.

Nathan you do know they're based in knoxville, right? If you're so excited to see one, perhaps you could go see one today.

All of this seems a little ironic to me. But what do I know, all I do is HATE!! even though I said ^^^

Quote:
better! that's a step in the right direction. I guess they're committed to the bow design, but the rest of the boat looks pretty good!

Last edited by denverd1; 09-14-2017 at 12:40 PM.
Old     (TomH)      Join Date: Jan 2014       09-14-2017, 12:45 PM Reply   
I'm all for more brands in the market and new ideas and all, and especially cost considerations. But when you design a boat where the looks, lines, and layout automatically turn off 75% of your market - well, I consider that to be a pretty poor string of choices for trying to bring a brand to market. From a wake/wave perspective, it seems like they probably do pretty well, but they could have finished their boats off in a more traditional manner that would have at least kept the interest from a majority of the boat buyers out there.

The WT-3 definitely is a big improvement on styling from the 1 and 2, and I think it looks pretty good, but it still wouldn't be where my money would be going if I was spending that much.
Old     (TNwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Sep 2016       09-14-2017, 1:10 PM Reply   
Nacho,
Yes I do know they just recently got purchased by bayliner and have moved a lot of their facilities here. I know the biggest heyday place I think is NC where they do the surf competition for them. I am planning on soon testing one out to see if it does all it claims. I plan to try to do it the same time I test the Moomba max. I like to test two things close together so time doesn't make me forgot HA. My mind was on Moomba max, but willing to look outside the box. Personally I don't know if there is anyway they will be the Malibu 25lsv, that was the best wave I have ridden behind this year, but if this boat produces a wake that is great for half the price, I might be one to jump ship. but I will state this, and there is no way to see until years down the road if this is a true fear or if it is just because not enough info yet. I DONT KNOW HOW GREAT THEY WILL HOLD VALUE OR RESALE. I don't think anything will resale like mastercraft it seems like because of the name but it is scary to think of buying a boat that you cant sell down the road or sell for way to little. I think nacho you are right and so many people will not buy this but I don't think its so much the look I think its the VALUE/RESALE.
Old     (WakeWise)      Join Date: Jun 2014       09-14-2017, 2:09 PM Reply   
That boat could be a perfect 10...but once I noticed the starboard bow cushion I would be on my way.
Old     (gravity)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-14-2017, 9:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeWise View Post
That boat could be a perfect 10...but once I noticed the starboard bow cushion I would be on my way.
No joke... Those seats are junk. Thin soft and fit and finish is teribble. The boat is so hard to take seriously. The one i saw at the boat show looked like something Hellen keller designed and built it.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-15-2017, 5:29 AM Reply   
I know I sound like a broken record, but I keep going back to my 1997 Bayliner Ski Challenger I bought new. It looked like a ski boat, performed like a ski boat, had the same features as a ski boat, and was half the price of everything else I looked at. From across the parking lot you would have thought it was a Prostar 205, which some claimed it had the same lower hull as. Bottom line is Bayliner couldn't market and sell that boat.

Fast forward 20 years and now they bought rights to this thing that doesn't even compare to the boats they made in 1997. Until they prove me wrong I am going to say they crash and burn on this one too. So I am using historical basis for my point of view and not just hating on something new.

For the record put me in the hideous "what were they thinking" group.

Leg hump on, Nate!!!!
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       09-15-2017, 6:49 AM Reply   
They should have just copied what works from other boats that they could without being sued, made a few tweaks of their own, and sold them cheap....Almost no one gonna support a new brand, let alone a new brand with this radical of a departure from the norm.

The Axis model worked well. Great wave/wake, lower quality interior, low cost...Then jack up the price later. LOL. That is what they should have done. Time tested, business model.

P.S. The tubs seem like they would be a pain to get in and out of, and with no cup-holders it is a joke. Seriously you can source a decent handle anywhere. So what up with those plastic bolt on ones.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-15-2017, 7:18 AM Reply   
The tubs make sense in the small one but not here.

Should've just done flat in the back.

That being said I'd be open to running a wt-1sc if I can score a house on a local lake.

It would be in my budget, the lake is only 200 acres, and x-1's and ol school 210s are hard to come by. If you can get out the door for 5-10k more than those boats, this thing makes sense. Don't have to deal with older electronics and such.
Old     (gravity)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-15-2017, 10:07 PM Reply   
Seats look like this in every picture. If they dont care to address this problem what about the stuff you dont see.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-16-2017, 11:55 AM Reply   
Honestly its looks like about as much padding as cheap Walmart patio furniture or a stadium seat. Looks uncomfortable and cheap.

So now you know how to sac the boat, my next question is my guests sit where???
Old     (SoulSurfer)      Join Date: Oct 2016       09-16-2017, 3:09 PM Reply   
Seriously - no contouring of the seats at all, padding that looks about 2" thick, vinyl loose over what must be overly soft pads. It just doesn't add up to any kind of nice. In fact, it almost looks like they've gone out of their way to make it look cheap. Why? Honestly, my 2011 Yamaha jet boat looked MUCH, MUCH nicer inside than this thing. I wish it were cool, but as it is I just don't see why somebody would actually choose to buy it over anything else on the market.
Old     (Paul_42186)      Join Date: May 2013       09-16-2017, 3:24 PM Reply   
When the WT-1 was first announced, there was a write-up explaining the development of the boat. A automotive design class in Michigan was tasked with developing a boat that would appeal to the Millennial generation. I imagine that none of them were wakeboarders. I sure wonder what someone was thinking to have non-wakeboarders design a wake boat.
Old     (SoulSurfer)      Join Date: Oct 2016       09-16-2017, 3:53 PM Reply   
Sounds like they were thinking "sweet...we don't even have to pay for the design!"
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       09-16-2017, 5:04 PM Reply   
Ha, love those last 2 posts...Sure seems like most anyone could have done better that is a little familiar with the industry.
Old     (Paul_42186)      Join Date: May 2013       09-16-2017, 7:33 PM Reply   
Here is a link to one of the articles about the WT-1

http://www.boats.com/reviews/the-wak...oming-to-town/
Old     (TNwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Sep 2016       10-02-2017, 5:58 AM Reply   
I am suppose to get a chance to ride the wt3 surf and the wt2 today. I am looking forward to finally seeing one of these things in person on the water in action. I hope the weather holds up nice.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       10-02-2017, 8:55 AM Reply   
How do you work in this industry for as long as the Dortons have (dad John was CEO of MC for 10 years) , and put this hideous thing out as your flagship boat???? They've designed 3 now, all of which have missed the mark by a mile. WTF

Nate, get some pics. although I think I've seen enough
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-02-2017, 10:32 AM Reply   
[QUOTEI am suppose to get a chance to ride the wt3 surf and the wt2 today. I am looking forward to finally seeing one of these things in person on the water in action. I hope the weather holds up nice.][/QUOTE]

Nate,
Make sure no one take a picture of you behind this boat? It's kind of like a Moped or a stripper, Fun to ride around on, but don't want to be caught with one!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       10-02-2017, 5:52 PM Reply   
Nate, you get a ride in yet?
Old     (josh312)      Join Date: Dec 2016       10-04-2017, 2:27 PM Reply   
Nate you been on it yet
Old     (TNwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Sep 2016       10-05-2017, 6:34 AM Reply   
Hey sorry today is my first day back, death in family that was unexpected. I know they are still in town and hoping to still get on one this weekend I hope so long as everything can happen.

Sorry guys!
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       10-05-2017, 8:08 AM Reply   
I know someone that was at the dealer meeting and rode the wake. He said it was really good.
Old     (Aurex)      Join Date: Aug 2014       10-05-2017, 10:15 AM Reply   
The wake behind the WT-1 is pretty impressive for what it is. I demo'd one this summer to see what it was all about.

However, it is a cheap boat and it feels like it too, the interior, the tactile features all of it cheap. The biggest nail in the coffin for us was the bow rise. While surfing it felt like the boat was riding at a 45 degree angle and was not comfortable at all, did not feel safe, and was difficult to see in front of the boat.

At the end of the day, we decided that a used boat presented more value. They are bigger, have more features, ride better, better quality materials, don't feel cheap. Also won't have the huge depreciation hit buying used and really, how is the used market going to be for these heyday boats that is obviously cheap. Also the only positive that we took away was that the wake was pretty good.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       10-05-2017, 10:34 AM Reply   
So what you’re telling me is that the thing that matters the most is good?

Sweet. Sounds like a win.
Old     (Aurex)      Join Date: Aug 2014       10-05-2017, 12:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
So what you’re telling me is that the thing that matters the most is good?

Sweet. Sounds like a win.
That is not at all what was said. The boat was/is a big disappointment the only redeeming quality is that the wake is good for an 18 foot boat.
Old     (SurfBoard)      Join Date: Mar 2015       10-05-2017, 7:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurex View Post
The wake behind the WT-1 is pretty impressive for what it is. I demo'd one this summer to see what it was all about.

However, it is a cheap boat and it feels like it too, the interior, the tactile features all of it cheap. The biggest nail in the coffin for us was the bow rise. While surfing it felt like the boat was riding at a 45 degree angle and was not comfortable at all, did not feel safe, and was difficult to see in front of the boat.

At the end of the day, we decided that a used boat presented more value. They are bigger, have more features, ride better, better quality materials, don't feel cheap. Also won't have the huge depreciation hit buying used and really, how is the used market going to be for these heyday boats that is obviously cheap. Also the only positive that we took away was that the wake was pretty good.
Yea, who needs to see where they are driving? Ha ha.
Old     (Cole)      Join Date: Sep 2017       10-07-2017, 8:51 PM Reply   
I checked one out at the boat show just to see what it was all about. To me it just screamed bayliner runabout. I don't see resale doing well whatsoever. I do get it though with tow boats being at the prices they are their just trying to capture a market for people who don't want to spend that kind of coin. But then you have quality built used tow boats in the price range of a new wake tractor.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       10-10-2017, 9:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
I checked one out at the boat show just to see what it was all about. To me it just screamed bayliner runabout. I don't see resale doing well whatsoever. I do get it though with tow boats being at the prices they are their just trying to capture a market for people who don't want to spend that kind of coin. But then you have quality built used tow boats in the price range of a new wake tractor.
botched it didn't they?

Nate dog, you catch a ride yet?
Old     (TNwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Sep 2016       10-10-2017, 9:36 AM Reply   
Nope they never text me back, once I got back from the funeral I didn't hear back from them, kinda disappointed. I saw one on the water the other day at the dock walk by it was a WT1, I would agree with everyone on that it was a prototype not the best final results, I was very disappointed I didn't get to ride let a lone see the WT3 surf. I know they did a surf media day with videos and pics, and from the looks it looked good, but anything or anyone can be photo shopped to look good, I mean look at the Kardashins!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       10-24-2017, 1:16 PM Reply   
you're trying to arrange a boat demo via text? you text their land line? I probably wouldn't have responded either. hard to take you seriously over a text.

At this rate, it will be 2019 before we find out if the eye-sore can throw a wake or not. Maybe Heyday can figure out how to build a boat by then.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       10-24-2017, 1:46 PM Reply   
A friend of mine rode behind the WT-Surf (WT3) at their dealer demo and said that the wake was awesome. He's a trustworthy source.