Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       Yesterday, 2:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
How can you prove the negative, xstar? Who knows, maybe the mini baby boom resulting from the initial lockdown will result in the birth of a terrible leader the likes of which the world has never known. Or the next messiah.

I don’t envy the public health folks. It’s their fault when things go wrong, and when they are successful then they were crying wolf.

Actually as a cop I would think you’d be tuned into that sort of paradox. See your defund the police posts in recent months.

Do you have a link to the fauci quote? I haven’t seen that.

EDIT: have you been vax’d yet xstar? Just curious.

You make an interesting statement. [B] I don’t envy the public health folks. It’s their fault when things go wrong, and when they are successful then they were crying wolf. [/U]

I am very well in tuned with that paradox. My bull**** o meter is also very well maintained.

Here’s one of the the only facts , Fauci isn’t a Medical expert. He’s a political hack that has served as one for decades . Almost his entire career has been at the helm of appointments and money fit government research handouts. His views and speeches are the biggest piles of politically motivated banter to fill the airwaves . The actual medical professions with real work experience in the trenches , specific focus , modern day research don’t come to the same conclusions he does. In fact recently most have completely disagreed with his conclusions and words. They’ve also muted their CDC health expert that told them to stop the bull****.

Here the entire quote.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the US's leading infectious-disease expert, is fully vaccinated against the coronavirus, but it seems unlikely that you'll find him dining in any restaurants or catching a movie in theaters just yet.

"There are things, even if you're vaccinated, that you're not going to be able to do in society," Fauci said on Monday during a White House COVID-19 press briefing. "For example, indoor dining, theaters, places where people congregate. That's because of the safety of society."

So we’ve heard the year of criticizing Trump over his handling of corona. Give me 5 things he did poorly and then give me the 5 things he should’ve doing instead.

Last edited by xstarrider; Yesterday at 2:08 PM.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       Yesterday, 2:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
You make an interesting statement. [B] I don’t envy the public health folks. It’s their fault when things go wrong, and when they are successful then they were crying wolf. [/U]

I am very well in tuned with that paradox. My bull**** o meter is also very well maintained.

Here’s one of the the only facts , Fauci isn’t a Medical expert. He’s a political hack that has served as one for decades . Almost his entire career has been at the helm of appointments and money fit government research handouts. His views and speeches are the biggest piles of politically motivated banter to fill the airwaves . The actual medical professions with real work experience in the trenches , specific focus , modern day research don’t come to the same conclusions he does. In fact recently most have completely disagreed with his conclusions and words. They’ve also muted their CDC health expert that told them to stop the bull****.

Here the entire quote.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the US's leading infectious-disease expert, is fully vaccinated against the coronavirus, but it seems unlikely that you'll find him dining in any restaurants or catching a movie in theaters just yet.

"There are things, even if you're vaccinated, that you're not going to be able to do in society," Fauci said on Monday during a White House COVID-19 press briefing. "For example, indoor dining, theaters, places where people congregate. That's because of the safety of society."

So we’ve heard the year of criticizing Trump over his handling of corona. Give me 5 things he did poorly and then give me the 5 things he should’ve doing instead.
I dont think it works well to say "the facts" and then follow it with 100% opinion void of any fact. Since Fauci has worked for all Dem and R presidents since Reagan, how is he political?
It was clear he disagreed with the former prez, but that was based on what trump was saying, nothing political.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       Yesterday, 2:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
I dont think it works well to say "the facts" and then follow it with 100% opinion void of any fact. Since Fauci has worked for all Dem and R presidents since Reagan, how is he political?
It was clear he disagreed with the former prez, but that was based on what trump was saying, nothing political.
What’s missing facts ? He’s worked as a political hack in his position for decades. His medical expertise is suspect at best, especially regarding such a specialized field as epidemiology. His work with every presidency was based on keeping funding going to certain projects he supported. He’s flip flopped and walked back , oh I am sorry. “ circled back “ so many statements it’s laughable. He disagreed with the prez because the prez tried to shutoff his money pimple and expose huff bull****.

Maybe you forgot how the good dr was hanging out at baseball games maskless during the pandemic while preaching stay at home.

Suspiciously absent from your comment is any discussion about what he said ,or the answers to yet other questions proposed.

Like I said. Here’s your tint to shine. List 5 thing Trump did wrong handling virus. And list 5 things he shoulda done instead.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       Yesterday, 3:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
What’s missing facts ? He’s worked as a political hack in his position for decades. His medical expertise is suspect at best, especially regarding such a specialized field as epidemiology. His work with every presidency was based on keeping funding going to certain projects he supported. He’s flip flopped and walked back , oh I am sorry. “ circled back “ so many statements it’s laughable. He disagreed with the prez because the prez tried to shutoff his money pimple and expose huff bull****.

Maybe you forgot how the good dr was hanging out at baseball games maskless during the pandemic while preaching stay at home.

Suspiciously absent from your comment is any discussion about what he said ,or the answers to yet other questions proposed.

Like I said. Here’s your tint to shine. List 5 thing Trump did wrong handling virus. And list 5 things he shoulda done instead.
You should not have said Facts, and then injected your opinion. That isnt how it works.
Fauci is an immunologist, i think he is qualified.
He disagreed with the way trump was lying daily in his "Corona Virus Updates"

When: Friday, February 7, and Wednesday, February 19
The claim: The coronavirus would weaken “when we get into April, in the warmer weather—that has a very negative effect on that, and that type of a virus.”
The truth: When Trump made this claim, it was too early to tell whether the virus’s spread would be dampened by warmer conditions, though public-health experts and epidemiologists were immediately skeptical of Trump’s comment. But the spring and summer have passed, and the pandemic is still raging.

When: Thursday, February 27
The claim: The outbreak would be temporary: “It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle—it will disappear.”
The truth: Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, warned days later that he was concerned that “as the next week or two or three go by, we’re going to see a lot more community-related cases.” He was right—the virus has not disappeared.

When: Multiple times
The claim: If the economic shutdown continues, deaths by suicide “definitely would be in far greater numbers than the numbers that we’re talking about” for COVID-19 deaths.
The truth: More than 500000 Americans have died from COVID-19. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, suicide is one of the leading causes of death in the United States. But the number of people who died by suicide in 2017, for example, was roughly 47,000, nowhere near the COVID-19 numbers.

When: Wednesday, June 17
The claim: The pandemic is “fading away. It’s going to fade away.”
The truth: Trump made this claim ahead of his rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma, when the country was still seeing at least 20,000 new daily cases and a second spike in infections was beginning.

When: Thursday, July 2
The claim: The pandemic is “getting under control.”
The truth: Trump’s claim came as the country’s daily cases doubled to about 50,000, a higher count than was seen at the beginning of the pandemic, and as the number continued to rise, fueled by infections in the South and the West.

When: Thursday, August 27
The claim: Trump “launched the largest national mobilization since World War II” against COVID-19, and America “developed, from scratch, the largest and most advanced testing system in the world.”
The truth: These claims are incorrect and misleading. The federal government’s coronavirus response has been roundly criticized as a failure because of flawed and delayed testing, entrenched inequality that has amplified the virus’s effects, and chaotic federal leadership that’s left much of the country’s response up to the states to handle. Trump vacillated on fully invoking the Defense Production Act in March, set off international panic when he mistakenly said he was banning all travel from European nations, and was slow to support social-distancing measures nationwide. Widespread use of the DPA was still rare in July, despite continued shortages of medical supplies

The claim: America is “rounding the corner” and “rounding the final turn” of the pandemic.
The truth: Trump made these claims before and after the country registered 200,000 coronavirus deaths. As the winter approaches, the number of coronavirus cases is increasing in almost every state; in the last week of October, cases rose faster than reported tests in 47 of the 50 states, according to the COVID Tracking Project.

When: Friday, March 6, and Monday, May 11
The claim: “Anybody that needs a test, gets a test. We—they’re there. They have the tests. And the tests are beautiful” and “If somebody wants to be tested right now, they’ll be able to be tested.”
The truth: Trump made these two claims two months apart, but the truth was the same both times: The U.S. did not have enough testing.

He hyped Hydroxychloroquine as a cure.
He refused to wear a mask, and set a bad example.
"This is a flu, its just like the flu"
"This is deadly stuff," Trump told Woodward in a Feb. 7 phone call.

“You just breathe the air and that’s how it’s passed,” Trump told Woodward, according to The Post. “And so that’s a very tricky one. That’s a very delicate one. It’s also more deadly than even your strenuous flu.” Last one was the truth, but he never told the American people that. To them...soon we will be at zero.

He should have told us the truth.
He should have told us the best chance we have is to mask up and stop the spread.
He should have had US companies to provide the PPE, that was in shortage for months and months
He should not have made it political, blaming Dems "Its their new hoax".
He should have put the power of the Fed to have one national policy.
He should have got behind and pushed testing instead of saying the numbers make him look bad.
He should have backed the CDC instead of politicizing it by installing donors into positions of power and destroying their credibility.
He should not have given the covid contracts to zero experience donors who instantly created new corps to find and sell PPE to states. Forcing states to outbid each other to get their PPE.
The states should not have had to figure it all out on their own 50 different ways.
He did support the funds to create a vaccine.

Did the virus go away when it got hot?
Did it disappear?
Was it ever under control?
Did Hydroxy save us?
Were we "rounding the corner" when trump said we were?

I was never confused about what Fauci was saying, maybe because i dont listed to FOX or right wing AM radio, those were the ones who got confused. Everyone else had no problem understanding. Mask up, stay 6 ft away, stay home if you can. Seems simple.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       Yesterday, 3:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Bless your little heart for doubling down on your transparent spin effort. The whole point is exposing how hypocritical your fools on the left are for having criticized Trump and then do it themselves. Geez, you are so disingenuous. Typical lefty.

Curious how you see this story, Mark?

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...rstrike-471740
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       Yesterday, 7:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
You should not have said Facts, and then injected your opinion. That isnt how it works.
Fauci is an immunologist, i think he is qualified.
He disagreed with the way trump was lying daily in his "Corona Virus Updates"

When: Friday, February 7, and Wednesday, February 19
The claim: The coronavirus would weaken “when we get into April, in the warmer weather—that has a very negative effect on that, and that type of a virus.”
The truth: When Trump made this claim, it was too early to tell whether the virus’s spread would be dampened by warmer conditions, though public-health experts and epidemiologists were immediately skeptical of Trump’s comment. But the spring and summer have passed, and the pandemic is still raging.

When: Thursday, February 27
The claim: The outbreak would be temporary: “It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle—it will disappear.”
The truth: Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, warned days later that he was concerned that “as the next week or two or three go by, we’re going to see a lot more community-related cases.” He was right—the virus has not disappeared.

When: Multiple times
The claim: If the economic shutdown continues, deaths by suicide “definitely would be in far greater numbers than the numbers that we’re talking about” for COVID-19 deaths.
The truth: More than 500000 Americans have died from COVID-19. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, suicide is one of the leading causes of death in the United States. But the number of people who died by suicide in 2017, for example, was roughly 47,000, nowhere near the COVID-19 numbers.

When: Wednesday, June 17
The claim: The pandemic is “fading away. It’s going to fade away.”
The truth: Trump made this claim ahead of his rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma, when the country was still seeing at least 20,000 new daily cases and a second spike in infections was beginning.

When: Thursday, July 2
The claim: The pandemic is “getting under control.”
The truth: Trump’s claim came as the country’s daily cases doubled to about 50,000, a higher count than was seen at the beginning of the pandemic, and as the number continued to rise, fueled by infections in the South and the West.

When: Thursday, August 27
The claim: Trump “launched the largest national mobilization since World War II” against COVID-19, and America “developed, from scratch, the largest and most advanced testing system in the world.”
The truth: These claims are incorrect and misleading. The federal government’s coronavirus response has been roundly criticized as a failure because of flawed and delayed testing, entrenched inequality that has amplified the virus’s effects, and chaotic federal leadership that’s left much of the country’s response up to the states to handle. Trump vacillated on fully invoking the Defense Production Act in March, set off international panic when he mistakenly said he was banning all travel from European nations, and was slow to support social-distancing measures nationwide. Widespread use of the DPA was still rare in July, despite continued shortages of medical supplies

The claim: America is “rounding the corner” and “rounding the final turn” of the pandemic.
The truth: Trump made these claims before and after the country registered 200,000 coronavirus deaths. As the winter approaches, the number of coronavirus cases is increasing in almost every state; in the last week of October, cases rose faster than reported tests in 47 of the 50 states, according to the COVID Tracking Project.

When: Friday, March 6, and Monday, May 11
The claim: “Anybody that needs a test, gets a test. We—they’re there. They have the tests. And the tests are beautiful” and “If somebody wants to be tested right now, they’ll be able to be tested.”
The truth: Trump made these two claims two months apart, but the truth was the same both times: The U.S. did not have enough testing.

He hyped Hydroxychloroquine as a cure.
He refused to wear a mask, and set a bad example.
"This is a flu, its just like the flu"
"This is deadly stuff," Trump told Woodward in a Feb. 7 phone call.

“You just breathe the air and that’s how it’s passed,” Trump told Woodward, according to The Post. “And so that’s a very tricky one. That’s a very delicate one. It’s also more deadly than even your strenuous flu.” Last one was the truth, but he never told the American people that. To them...soon we will be at zero.

He should have told us the truth.
He should have told us the best chance we have is to mask up and stop the spread.
He should have had US companies to provide the PPE, that was in shortage for months and months
He should not have made it political, blaming Dems "Its their new hoax".
He should have put the power of the Fed to have one national policy.
He should have got behind and pushed testing instead of saying the numbers make him look bad.
He should have backed the CDC instead of politicizing it by installing donors into positions of power and destroying their credibility.
He should not have given the covid contracts to zero experience donors who instantly created new corps to find and sell PPE to states. Forcing states to outbid each other to get their PPE.
The states should not have had to figure it all out on their own 50 different ways.
He did support the funds to create a vaccine.

Did the virus go away when it got hot?
Did it disappear?
Was it ever under control?
Did Hydroxy save us?
Were we "rounding the corner" when trump said we were?

I was never confused about what Fauci was saying, maybe because i dont listed to FOX or right wing AM radio, those were the ones who got confused. Everyone else had no problem understanding. Mask up, stay 6 ft away, stay home if you can. Seems simple.

We know you would lick his butthole if he were standing right in front of your. Trust me. You don’t have to let us know. Clearly your feelings and views don’t agree with the science. California was the bench mark of basement dwelling followed along with sever all other democratic lead cities and states across the Nation. All destroyed their economies, their businesses , their people , their education and their tax bases. Clearly their solution did more damage than the virus ever could have. 1/10th of one Percent. Do you think the amount of business effected by those policies was less than that ? Do you think I the amount of students mental health destruction was less than that? Do you think the amount of families failing and unable to pay their bills is less than that ? Do you think creating a false sense of death in order to exploit the American voting system was proper?

We’re are the numbers supporting the fact that your views were the proper thing to do. California’s numbers are nowhere near impressive. They are no where in the realm of even making it a point to discuss. The amount of carnage left behind due to their stupid and ridiculous policies is 10 fold what the disease should have done if not more. Educate yourself on the actual facts instead of leading with your personal disdain for a single individual.

You should get off the cnn koolaid and think for yourself some time. Trump didn’t sabotage testing , he also wasn’t going to force businesses with an iron fist and take control over them regarding a simple virus. He left it up to the businesses themselves to choose . Leading like a good President should . A president shouldn’t be taking over businesses and forcing them to produce items I know you commies think that’s the right way to govern , but in America that’s not how it works.

What’s Biden done ? He had a huge plan , yet we’ve seen nothing. What’s he done differently that has sparked such a huge turn of events ? About the only thing he did was get involved I. The vaccine distribution chain and tell all those dem **** holes how to properly get the vaccine to people, because they were too busy blaming trunp to come up with a sufficient plan of action.

Again I’ll ask. What numbers are you comfortable with before you can stop wearing 3 masks a day hiding in your basement alone watching CNN ? Do you truly believe the economic shutdowns and crippling for 9 months straight was the proper response by your saviors? What profound results have those policies produced over other states that did the complete opposite ? Since you understand Fauci the farce , what did he actually mean in his latest quote of even vaccinated people should stay locked up?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       Yesterday, 9:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Curious how you see this story, Mark?

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...rstrike-471740
Biden scrubs $15 minimum wage and bombs syria. Republican light as expected. Extremely dissapointing.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       Yesterday, 10:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Biden scrubs $15 minimum wage and bombs syria. Republican light as expected. Extremely dissapointing.

Senate parliamentarian scrubbed the minimum wage as not appropriate for reconciliation. Arcane procedural gambit to avoid filibuster.