Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 28, 2009

Old     (naych)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-22-2009, 12:50 AM Reply   
Can someone with knowledge of this boat or has ridden behind one can tell me how the wake is? Just bought one last night and havent tried it out yet til 2morrow...it has no ballast or fat sacs ...drove it for a while at lake sonoma but it was so choppy and windy that i wasnt impress the wake but hoping it was just the water or it needs fat sacs. boat is very clean and couldnt pass it up..

thanks

naych
Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-22-2009, 5:29 AM Reply   
Pics or it didn't happen.

You need some sacs in it and the wake will be great.
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-22-2009, 6:57 AM Reply   
The wake will almost be identical to a brand new Vride. With 2000 in it, it will be nice and adding weight it gets even better. Yes and some pics of this boat. I always tell people you would have to spend 45+ to get a better wake and that would be a used boat also. Depending on your wake preferance.
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-22-2009, 7:01 AM Reply   
Sorry, I miss read your post I thought you bought a VLX but with weight your LX should be nice. Not sure if the LX has the same hull as the VLX.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-22-2009, 7:09 AM Reply   
My buddy has a '98 and the wake is great with weight.
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       07-22-2009, 8:49 AM Reply   
The mid 90 sunsetters have so much potential, especially with a wedge! A couple fat sacks and you have a sick wake. Congrats on the new boat
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-22-2009, 9:02 AM Reply   
My cousins have a '96 lx with the wedge and I personally don't like the wake with only the wedge, I like it a lot better with 2000+ lb of weight and use the wedge for shaping the wake.
Old     (tomfish)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-22-2009, 1:41 PM Reply   
yea you will want a locker sack and we had 300lbs of lead in ours and the wake was pretty good.
Old     (naych)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-22-2009, 11:23 PM Reply   
here it is :

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (naych)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-22-2009, 11:25 PM Reply   
took it out today on the river and the wake was awesome( 4 my level ) didnt have to use the wedge.. but i will add sacs to get even bigger wakes....turn out great....very happy with the purchase...
Old     (souperfly)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-23-2009, 12:47 AM Reply   
I have the same boat, same year but in black and red ! Love it... Sometimes I wish I had a Vdrive because I surf more than board, but it works both ways...

Running 350lbs ballast in ski locker + 75lb lead
880lbs of ballast in the rear + 75lbs lead
The wedge only goes down for surfing now, great wake! Check out www.themalibucrew.com for more info

And here's my boat at wake side rides. (pics and info)

http://www.wakesiderides.com/rides/index.php?page=out&id=2135
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-23-2009, 7:29 AM Reply   
Right on Nayche! Nice colors and a sweet tower. Hit a brotha up!
Old     (naych)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-23-2009, 4:50 PM Reply   
Mike<
anytime...im always looking for people to go with....you know how it is when u just got a new toy...going 4 sure monday after 3pm and anytime tuesday(my dayoff)..but we need one more...

Brandon, very nice boat and setup...thats the setup im going for also with the sacs..

naych