Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (MystiikVLX)      Join Date: Jul 2014       10-10-2016, 1:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSride View Post
Yes I could tell a difference, The blue Pill felt a good deal softer than I remember my S4 being but the Parks is definitely softer. I didn't mind the landings of the blue pill but the cambers landings are so soft.
Depending on weather, I'm hoping to do a side by side comparison of the space blanket and the Pill. I'd love to try a Response. With my back, I really want something that lands softer and is a consistent pop.
Old     (NewRevNorton)      Join Date: Oct 2016       10-10-2016, 6:53 PM Reply   
I was out on a local lake over the weekend with some friends and forgot to grab my HL State 2.0 and vest before we left. I figured I would use my friends Byerly AR1 but his HL Index bindings were way too big. I was looking to get some good moldable bindings to replace my HL Remix bindings on my State 2.0 anyway so we ran over to a local pro shop to browse around. I scooped up a vest and, after looking at prices for good bindings at the shop, I figured I would just tough it out over the rest of the weekend. The price for the Ronix One bindings was at retail for $510 and he said he would take $390. I had been keeping my eyes open online at the same binding for $299. He brought the price down to $260 so I bought them. I really liked the high metallic coat on a Ronix Bandwagon ATR that they had but they had it at retail for $639. I talked to the salesperson and he got the price down to $290 so I bought the board, bindings, and a vest. I hated to purchase a whole new setup and I had no idea that the camber boards were such a touchy subject but I needed something affordable just to be comfortable out on the water for the weekend. I figured the camber style would serve as a good backup and I would now have a good continuous, 3 stage, and camber now. I have an extensive background with snowboarding, skateboarding, and surfing so I was really excited to get this thing on the water.

We rushed back to the boat and hit the water. I did not really notice a difference in my weight distribution or stance but the board felt very playful. It was a good playful feeling too. It would slide around when you wanted it too but it was not sloppy and loose like the Slingshot Choice was. The edge did not dig as well as the Byerly AR1 or the HL State 2.0 but it felt strong and dug in plenty while attacking the wake. I did notice an excessive amount of "drag" as everyone else has mentioned. The board felt much slower than any of the others that I have been on. You would think that the drag would wear you out quickly but I really felt relaxed and comfortable. This might be from the more neutral stance but as I said earlier, I didnt notice any drastic change in my stance. Switch riding was a breeze with this board too. I am still pretty shaky when riding switch but this thing felt the most comfortable switch out of any other boards that I have been on. Rough water riding is one of the things that I noticed immediately and nobody else has really mentioned. I assume it is because of the greater contact surface on the water, but I could really feel the "choppy" water underneath me. This was great in smooth water because my launches were very solid and very vertical, but made it pretty frustrating once we did some riding in rougher water.

One of the best ways I can describe it is to compare longboarding and shortboarding on a skateboard. Longboards are built to go fast and carve quickly at higher speeds while shortboards are built for huge pop and tricks at lower speeds. You would never see a rider hop on a shortboard to shred a long hill and you would never see a rider take his longboard for a run at the skatepark. So it is all about the type of rider you are or what type of riding you are wanting to do. I will say that the board that seems to do everything well is the Byerly AR1. That board is just as fast and stable as the State 2.0 but launches a lot like the Bandwagon. I can really dial in the W2W jumps or launch into the flats with it. It has been a blast to ride this year.

I am hoping that I will get the board to react and ride a bit faster as I get used to it but I really enjoyed the board for a lot of things. I have enjoyed reading about the complexity of the camber boards through this discussion.
Old     (MystiikVLX)      Join Date: Jul 2014       10-17-2016, 10:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSride View Post
After riding this summer on a camber I was to share my thoughts and ask for some advice:
I picked up a 2014 Parks Modello last Fall after hurting my knee last July and looking for something a little easier on my knee moving forward, I was looking at the slingshot blue pill and Watson hybrid and stumbled upon the Parks at a crazy low price. ( I had been riding a LF S4 the prior 3 years)

It took me several runs to get used to the camber ride and especially figuring out how to pop the board, fairly immediately I noticed that I had more control in the air and felt much more balanced during all riding.

Fast forward to this weekend when I rode my cousins 2015 Blue Pill and I noticed several things I dislike about the parks:

The easiest thing to notice was the glide speed, I knew the parks was slow but the Blue Pill felt effortless to maintain speed on compared to the Parks, I also felt like the pill was much easier to get big pop on and I felt like I was going much bigger with less effort. On my Parks I still struggle to get consistent pop, When I get it right the board gives a massive pop but overall most of the time I fail to achieve that. I wonder if the Parks is simply beyond my skill level.

I loved the Blue Pill, but I do like the control and balance that Camber offers, I guess what I would like input on is whether or not my struggle to find consistency is a camber vs traditional rocker, or would I find better luck on the Space Blanket? I know the Space Blanket would feel less like I'm dragging an anchor.
Rode both the PIll and the Space Blanket. I had the same experience as you. The pill felt effortless. I really like the toeside approaches on the Pill, for some reason- my poor technique I'm sure- the Space Blanket feels like I slow down and dig in as I'm turning into the wake. The pill just glides. I feel like I'm more consistent with the Pill.

Looks like I'm gonna stick with the Pill.
Old     (KSride)      Join Date: Oct 2015       10-17-2016, 11:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MystiikVLX View Post
Rode both the PIll and the Space Blanket. I had the same experience as you. The pill felt effortless. I really like the toeside approaches on the Pill, for some reason- my poor technique I'm sure- the Space Blanket feels like I slow down and dig in as I'm turning into the wake. The pill just glides. I feel like I'm more consistent with the Pill.

Looks like I'm gonna stick with the Pill.
Bummer, I was hoping to hear the Space Blanket compared better than my Parks. Looks like I may grab the Pill this offseason.
Old     (Down2Ride)      Join Date: Aug 2011       10-21-2016, 6:39 AM Reply   
Ok. For the speed comparison. I mostly ride a 2013 Code 22 (139), but bought a 2015 Kruz Bio last year. Liked the speed of the Kruz last year as it seemed pretty fast, but broke my leg (fibula) riding very early this season. Needless to say, I didn't get to ride for a while. When I got back behind the boat, the Kruz felt very fast to me, so I switched back to the Code 22. Feels much better while getting back used to riding. How would the Space Blanket, Parks, and Bandwagon compare to the 2013 Code 22 as far as glide speed? I am also thinking of going with a larger board. Not huge, but maybe a 142-143. I have an extensive background in skateboarding, an am curious about camber being more suitable to my riding style. I'm just doing basic W2W airs and getting use to surface spins and switch again. My biggest obstacle right now is my head. I missed a lot of work due to surgeries last year and early this year, so my mind is getting in the way of my progression. Not worried about getting hurt...but missing work is huge with a newborn in the house. I'm 6' tall and 180-185 lbs. Any input is appreciated.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-22-2016, 9:07 AM Reply   
how do you think these cambers ride on Kickers and rails at the park? if the SB fails at the boat I might try it finless at the park but not sure it will do well at the park..

thoughts?
Old     (ekingen)      Join Date: Oct 2016       11-01-2016, 5:57 AM Reply   
[QUOTE= Rough water riding is one of the things that I noticed immediately and nobody else has really mentioned. I assume it is because of the greater contact surface on the water, but I could really feel the "choppy" water underneath me. This was great in smooth water because my launches were very solid and very vertical, but made it pretty frustrating once we did some riding in rougher water.
[/QUOTE]

Has anyone else noticed that the camber boards are worse on choppy water? I am considering buying a Ronix Parks Air Core 2, but at the lake we usually ride at, we are almost always dealing with some wind and boat chop, so I'm hesitant to pull the trigger if this has any merit. I have been riding a slingshot recoil and really liked it, but I broke it this last summer an was looking for something different. Love the idea of riding more front foot heavy, getting consistent straight up pop, and dialing in my W2W stuff.
Old     (stxdeadI)      Join Date: Oct 2016       11-01-2016, 6:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill View Post
how do you think these cambers ride on Kickers and rails at the park? if the SB fails at the boat I might try it finless at the park but not sure it will do well at the park..

thoughts?
From what I've read it's less than ideal at the parks
Old     (DrewLongshore)      Join Date: Oct 2016       11-01-2016, 1:38 PM Reply   
I ride my SpaceBlanket mainly at the cable park but some boat as well. Hands down my favorite board I have rode
Old     (DrewLongshore)      Join Date: Oct 2016       11-01-2016, 1:41 PM Reply   
Erik Ruck had his SB at the cable park one day and he was nice enough to let me take some laps on it. The camber creating such a flat spot on the bottom really locks it into rails. I get crazy air off kickers as well, I've been beating on the board all summer long and it's still running strong.
Old     (snyderaaron)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-02-2016, 7:49 PM Reply   

Just bought this badboy. Killer deal on eBay.
Old     (stxdeadI)      Join Date: Oct 2016       11-02-2016, 8:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by snyderaaron View Post

Just bought this badboy. Killer deal on eBay.
Sweet looking board, I am debating on the blue and orange one as I have the orange parks bindings
Old     (snyderaaron)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-02-2016, 8:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stxdeadI View Post
Sweet looking board, I am debating on the blue and orange one as I have the orange parks bindings

Hell ya. Go for it
Old     (stxdeadI)      Join Date: Oct 2016       11-02-2016, 8:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by snyderaaron View Post
Hell ya. Go for it
Feel like I should test it out first. I'm riding an 05 hyperlite Byerly right now and it's getting a little dated
Old     (SteeleAxis)      Join Date: Oct 2012       11-02-2016, 10:49 PM Reply   
If you like orange, the new 2017 Parks is such an awesome ride. I loved all the camber boards,but think they really nailed it with this shape!
Old     (MystiikVLX)      Join Date: Jul 2014       01-22-2017, 5:45 AM Reply   
Has anyone been out on the new 17 Parks? Curious if it feels faster with less camber?
Old     (SteeleAxis)      Join Date: Oct 2012       01-23-2017, 3:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MystiikVLX View Post
Has anyone been out on the new 17 Parks? Curious if it feels faster with less camber?

Yes, and yes! I have been on the new Parks since September and riding it all through winter. The new shape is faster than the previous shape for sure...more refined camber profile, more sidecut and stronger edging. I would say that it is even a touch faster than the Space Blanket, but that could be me taking a somewhat more aggressive edge now. I don't think any camber board when compared to a traditional board will be considered 'fast' because the benefits of camber (neutral riding position and takeoff, feel on the water, soft landings, etc) also create a bit of resistance/drag from the water pressure under your feet. That said I love the perfect balance between speed and camber benefits in the new Parks shape and it is by far the best board I've ever ridden.

I guess I should qualify all of this with my background...started wakeboarding at 40 years old, been at it for just five years now but ride a LOT (1-3 days a week all year round is the norm haha) as we love it so much. Started out on the Vault but then went to the One board right after. Loved the One (2012) but found that as I started to actually get good pop my old knees didn't like the 3 stage kick and the landings. I then switched over to camber with the Bandwagon and have actually ridden through Ronix's complete camber evolution....Bandwagon, to Parks, to Space Blanket, to the new Parks (and my Wife rides the Limelight). With each new shape they have made very minor tweaks to the camber profiles of the boards along with changes to the shapes, and each board has gotten better and better. For me, my riding really took off once I got on the camber shapes as I felt like I had more control and could push harder without fearing a rough kick or tough landings. Oh, I should say my only focus in riding is taking all tricks as big as possible wake to wake...don't ever try to nor want to take things to the flats...though it happens on accident here and there! hahahahha

Old     (ekingen)      Join Date: Oct 2016       04-19-2017, 4:41 PM Reply   
Got out on my 2015 Parks Air Core 2 for the first time yesterday. Loved it. The first thing I noticed was it feels really stable edge to edge and stable on take offs and landings. Makes it really easy to have a controlled progressive edge and then be able to give a good hard push with both legs at the wake without being thrown off balance in the air. I was getting a lot higher pop than I was last fall on my Slingshot recoil. It did take a little more cut and effort to get across to the other side of the wake or into the flats, but I think only because its transferring that much more energy straight upwards, which is an obvious great trade unless you are wanting to be a "Nascar Ned" Would definitely recommend it!
Old     (DrewLongshore)      Join Date: Oct 2016       08-11-2017, 9:07 PM Reply   
FYI there will be no 2018 Spaceblanket
Old     (OSUBUCKS)      Join Date: Feb 2017       11-12-2017, 3:02 PM Reply   
This has been a great thread to read through... I am really considering at 2017 Space Blanket,

Currently on a H/L State 2.0 as my beginner board, heel side WTW and almost have toe side, surface 180's and I'm 37 and have been riding for only 2 years... want something with good pop, smooth landings. Figured that going to space blanket may be my next step.

Any more thoughts from people that have been riding them a while.
Old     (OSUBUCKS)      Join Date: Feb 2017       11-12-2017, 3:15 PM Reply   
and.... what would be the difference between 2016 air core model and 2017 model?

at 6ft and 205 lbs should i get the 141 or would the 137 be reasonable?

Thanks
Old     (SteeleAxis)      Join Date: Oct 2012       12-21-2017, 10:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUBUCKS View Post
and.... what would be the difference between 2016 air core model and 2017 model?

at 6ft and 205 lbs should i get the 141 or would the 137 be reasonable?

Thanks
Sorry been away a bit and missed this. You've probably already seen my thoughts on camber so will just say again that (for me) it was the biggest change to my ability to progress ever. Just felt more confident and in control when I switched to camber, and the great pop with soft landings was perfect for my old knees.

As for sizing, at your height/weight I would go 141...you could get away with the 137 if you really wanted as it is a wide board with lots of surface area, but with the air core even the 141 is super light and you would have better pop, softer landings, and an overall easier ride.

2016 to 2017 Space Blanket the change was the addition of the I-beam core which is some of the glass woven together through board...makes it even more responsive and poppy, but both are great boards and very light cores. I rode the 2016 Space Blanket and loved it, went to Parks for 2017 (and again for 2018) as wanted a bit faster board with stronger edging.

Any questions or need help, post on up or send me a PM...happy to help!
Old     (OSUBUCKS)      Join Date: Feb 2017       01-13-2018, 6:41 AM Reply   
So it seems that the camber boards are not being made any more... this concerns me... were they really not up to what they advertised? I am still interested in trying one out but the prices for the 2017's are still up there. anyone have any more thoughts.
Old     (SteeleAxis)      Join Date: Oct 2012       01-13-2018, 7:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
So it seems that the camber boards are not being made any more... this concerns me... were they really not up to what they advertised? I am still interested in trying one out but the prices for the 2017's are still up there. anyone have any more thoughts.
Just the Space Blanket went away for 2018, the Parks and the Limelight are both still in production and are camber boards.
Old     (kkwedell)      Join Date: Aug 2016       03-06-2018, 7:49 PM Reply   
Anyone know why the space blanket was discontinued?
Old     (OSUBUCKS)      Join Date: Feb 2017       03-07-2018, 5:46 AM Reply   
My understanding is that the Space Blanket being discontinued had more to do with Shota not riding it any more.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-07-2018, 6:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
My understanding is that the Space Blanket being discontinued had more to do with Shota not riding it any more.
A lot of times the boards pros are riding are not what you and I get at all.

It just has whatever graphic on it to sell boards
Old     (OSUBUCKS)      Join Date: Feb 2017       03-07-2018, 6:54 AM Reply   
HUH? weird, have not heard that... cause I was just talking with several riders about how it is neat to ride the same board as a pro, and they even had some stories about having boards lost in baggage and being able to borrow another board from another rider is an option since they are the same. Now I have heard of NEW board designs having an old graphic on it until the new design is actually released.... But I can tell you for sure that there is probably more likely hood that the board is the exact same and possible on a rare occasion it would be different.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-07-2018, 8:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
HUH? weird, have not heard that... cause I was just talking with several riders about how it is neat to ride the same board as a pro, and they even had some stories about having boards lost in baggage and being able to borrow another board from another rider is an option since they are the same. Now I have heard of NEW board designs having an old graphic on it until the new design is actually released.... But I can tell you for sure that there is probably more likely hood that the board is the exact same and possible on a rare occasion it would be different.
The answer is: it depends, on brand, on rider, on board.

Companies press different graphics onto different boards all the time. Just because the graphic is a space blanket doesn’t mean it’s actually a space blanket. Other times you might get different core mills or glass lay ups.

I don’t think a traditional foam board would ever work for someone like Randall Harris, nor do I think rusty rides a consumer grade Kruz, it probably has additional glass layup.

Define “pro” too. Your local flowed team of “pro and” is not going to get anything bespoke. And any pro can rip any board.

It’s all marketing. “Look at what (insert pro here) can do on that board! I should get one!”

Ps: this is especially prevalent in snowboarding. If you think pro’s are hitting 100 foot jumps on rocker boards or 3bt or whatever you’re wrong

Last edited by simplej; 03-07-2018 at 8:09 AM.
Old     (CPanner)      Join Date: May 2015       03-10-2018, 11:48 PM Reply   
I can vouch for simplej on pro boards being different. I actually got a board from a pro last year and noticed some small differences right off the bat. When I asked him about it he responded “Ya we can build these pretty much however we want in the factory”.

I do remember Dowdy lost his luggage at a comp last year and made an Instagram post asking locals to borrow one of his pro models, so maybe his is the same.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-20-2018, 12:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkwedell View Post
Anyone know why the space blanket was discontinued?
I have a 2016 Space blanket rode twice for sale in the classifieds section. Make an offer! still looks brand new )
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-20-2018, 12:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanner View Post
I can vouch for simplej on pro boards being different. I actually got a board from a pro last year and noticed some small differences right off the bat. When I asked him about it he responded “Ya we can build these pretty much however we want in the factory”.

I do remember Dowdy lost his luggage at a comp last year and made an Instagram post asking locals to borrow one of his pro models, so maybe his is the same.
well most riders can ride 2x4 better than us so that means nothing, they simply need to be on their own model for sponsoship reasons..
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-20-2018, 12:58 PM Reply   
I do know that years ago many pro riders were in fact riding foam core models of their Honeycomb and Cwbs special core board but with the graphics from the expensive special core models.. broke so many of both of those and im an amateur im sure the pros would break one on every pass but for sales reasons they needed to appear to be riding the expensive ones..
Old     (VLXPV)      Join Date: Jan 2016       02-07-2019, 5:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdoggy81 View Post
I just put the .8 fins on & I love the feel.
Also, I was surprised how heavy the 1" alum fins were over the .8" plastic ones..
185 & you want soft landings the yes go for the 141. They do run big as we all pointed out (137 is basically a 140) as my 141 next to my 2013 Parks 139 looks small
Hello, old posts but anyway....maybe someone is still looking for this topic
I want to get space blanket 2016 (nothing newer locally), and according to Evo
"Note on Sizing – These boards are 4-5cm longer than their listed dimensions. The 137cm length measures out to 141cm, while the 141cm length measures out to 147cm."
Are you sure that 137 is basically 140...?it should be 142ish. even more important, if the EVO is right,
141 is 147 ...! thats quite of a difference...i am 180 lbs, but i dont want 147 cm board...i just think
thats too long for me.Thoughts...?
Old     (VLXPV)      Join Date: Jan 2016       02-07-2019, 6:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeleAxis View Post
Sorry been away a bit and missed this. You've probably already seen my thoughts on camber so will just say again that (for me) it was the biggest change to my ability to progress ever. Just felt more confident and in control when I switched to camber, and the great pop with soft landings was perfect for my old knees.

As for sizing, at your height/weight I would go 141...you could get away with the 137 if you really wanted as it is a wide board with lots of surface area, but with the air core even the 141 is super light and you would have better pop, softer landings, and an overall easier ride.

2016 to 2017 Space Blanket the change was the addition of the I-beam core which is some of the glass woven together through board...makes it even more responsive and poppy, but both are great boards and very light cores. I rode the 2016 Space Blanket and loved it, went to Parks for 2017 (and again for 2018) as wanted a bit faster board with stronger edging.

Any questions or need help, post on up or send me a PM...happy to help!
Again , about sizing..not sure which one to get, i saw one guy said "137 is like 144 Gator"...and i like that, but, another guy said "137 is like 140 and 141 like 144"....and i am confused.
I am 185 lbs, 5.8' ( 178cm ,and 84 kg)..I had Marek 140 , and i wanted a bit bigger board, and now i am confused what is the CORRECT length of this two ...!Thanks
Old     (SteeleAxis)      Join Date: Oct 2012       02-07-2019, 10:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLXPV View Post
Again , about sizing..not sure which one to get, i saw one guy said "137 is like 144 Gator"...and i like that, but, another guy said "137 is like 140 and 141 like 144"....and i am confused.

I am 185 lbs, 5.8' ( 178cm ,and 84 kg)..I had Marek 140 , and i wanted a bit bigger board, and now i am confused what is the CORRECT length of this two ...!Thanks
I have the 15 Space Blanket 141 and just measured from center of nose to tail and it's 146.7 cm. That includes a really dished up lip on nose and tail, before that is a visible release point in shape so actual running surface is more like the 141 listed size.

For you at 185 you can run either, the 137 is going to be bit more like a 140 but with wider center section so you'll get more total surface area than normal 140. The 141 will ride even higher and poppier but you will also have the added length. I rode the 141 in the air core for the bigger size benefits, but the air core is really light so never felt like big board.
Old     (VLXPV)      Join Date: Jan 2016       02-08-2019, 1:46 AM Reply   
thank you...I don't have option here for Air core ,only atr, so i guess i should go for 137,141 would probably be too heavy....I really hoped to go something around "regular" 143-144,but ok...
Old     (VLXPV)      Join Date: Jan 2016       02-15-2019, 2:49 AM Reply   
Sorry guys, one more question
I have only this options locally, if i want to get camber :
2016 Space blanket ATR 137/141 price 350€ ( i know,its too expensive, but this is the price in Germany)
2018 Ronix Parks I-Beam Air Core 3 Wakeboard , price 560€....big price difference,but i don't know is it worthy...
What do you think...? I know older Parks were much slower then 2016 Space blanket, i didnt want Parks because of it.I need "updated" info, since this post is really old
But maybe 2018 is even better then 2016 SB? and do you know about Parks sizing, is it true size or similar like 2016 SB ( 137 is actually 140-141 ,and 141 is about 147cm)
Thanks
Thank you
Old     (MTH19)      Join Date: Oct 2018       02-15-2019, 9:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLXPV View Post
Sorry guys, one more question
I have only this options locally, if i want to get camber :
2016 Space blanket ATR 137/141 price 350€ ( i know,its too expensive, but this is the price in Germany)
2018 Ronix Parks I-Beam Air Core 3 Wakeboard , price 560€....big price difference,but i don't know is it worthy...
What do you think...? I know older Parks were much slower then 2016 Space blanket, i didnt want Parks because of it.I need "updated" info, since this post is really old
But maybe 2018 is even better then 2016 SB? and do you know about Parks sizing, is it true size or similar like 2016 SB ( 137 is actually 140-141 ,and 141 is about 147cm)
Thanks
Thank you
If you guys are going to ride Camber, get the newest Parks board. Ronix realized Camber was slow from the get go. Every new design has been to make camber ride faster. The 2018 Parks is the fastest, by far. They shortened the camber pocket, changed the rails a bit, and added channels on the bottom of the board. The smaller camber pocket = less drag. It still lets you get that camber pop off the wake though. The channels on the bottom help break the suction the camber pocket makes, and also adds significant edging power (most noticeable cutting toeside). Board sizing is normal, now that the bandwagon is gone. And Modello vs. Air Core is pretty significant. Same shape, just different core. Air core uses PVC foam and this board has the I-Beam, which is extra glass in the middle for a really snappy feeling. Modello is Ronix's regular PU foam board. AirCore 3 is super light weight. Always worth it in my opinion.

The Space blanket is slower than the new Parks. I like the Space Blanket, it's really fun, but the Parks just has that glide speed that makes riding it less work
Old     (SteeleAxis)      Join Date: Oct 2012       02-15-2019, 10:58 AM Reply   
Nailed it, SB is a blast to ride but if looking for best performing camber the 2018 Parks air core was by far the best version. Rode it for most of last year and really loved it!
Old     (VLXPV)      Join Date: Jan 2016       03-16-2019, 4:22 AM Reply   
Just one more question...so , camber is great ,but i would like to learn some basic inverts, like Tantrum and backroll (this one i already know,but i need to master it )
Would camber be good for this as well?most of you are speaking about " great landings, easy for knees, w2w jumps..." but what about something like this?
probably its the same like any other type of wake board, but still....i wanted 144 cm length so i don't know will this cause troubles.Usually , i was like 138-140 cm
I learned Backroll with continuous rocker, but not sure how it will go with camber ,because of different body position.
Thanks