Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (worththewake)      Join Date: Nov 2006       10-15-2014, 8:18 PM Reply   
I know I've posted on here a few times in the past about my issues with my 2009 F 250 however wanted to share my current experience with you guys. Very long story short:

-Bought truck new and basically a lemon from day 1
-Ford issued a 200,000 mile warranty because of all the issues
- Blown injectors, multiple EGR, DPF sensor issues
-Has run sluggish for several years now but nothings ever wrong with it
-Radiator issues
- The list goes on and on

So a few weeks ago I was broken down about 4 hours from my house. Get towed to Ford Dealership where I'm told that the codes are high oil and low fuel pressure. Diagnosis, my last oil change was done close to 6000 miles ago and the fuel filter was clamped down too tight......$400 dollar charge to hook it to a computer and an oil change and I'm on the road. Get it back home and park it for a few days. Take it back out and low and behold the same and dreaded "low power" appears with the same codes. Here is diagnosis:

-About 10 gallons of Fuel in my oil
-Two blown injectors
-Lost compression in 2nd cylinder

So the truck has been in the shop for the past two weeks. Current shops diagnosis and fix is to put a new short block in however they can not chase down the fuel issue and where it is coming from. They apparently have been working with FORD on a national level with no idea or guidance on what the issue could be. (At this point, I also get in contact with FORD whom escalates my case to a regional rep whom I honestly have better luck getting in contact with Santa than I do her). Now keep in mind that the whole time my truck is in the shop I have to contact them to get answers and most of the time they either don't return my call or they put me on hold for an extended period of time where I just get pissed and hang up. So the only way I get some answers is by showing up unannounced.

Here is where we are today. I've always taken my truck to a bigger name box chain for my oil changes because I supply my own oil, filters, etc and its dirt cheap for them to do it. So this box chain cannot find my records because the manager "did me a favor" by doing these oil changes therefore none of the old receipts can be reproduced and naturally he isn't returning FORD's calls.

So here I am, stuck because nobody from the local dealership will tell me whats really going on, nobody from FORD will return my phone calls, the local box store will not vouch for me, and I'm stuck with a 3/4 ton paper weight sitting at the shop while my boat is stuck at my storage facility awaiting to be winterized.

Just wanted to see if anyone has any suggestions for me???????