Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-17-2020, 3:09 AM Reply   
Can someone make a recommendation for a binding that would be similar to these CWB AA bindings I have. Velcro not necessary, but I like the comfort and fit along with easy in and out. I know they are old, but I only ride maybe 5 times a summer now, as I'm old too! lol. Replacing because they are coming apart in several places. Wearing the XL. Have them on a 2010 CWB Absolute. Would want to make sure I get a binding that is compatible with that board too.
Old     (Javi)      Join Date: Aug 2016       01-20-2021, 2:34 PM Reply   
Not sure if you got some bindings already but pretty much anything will work on that board. The older boards like that one don't use metric threads so whatever bindings you get, if they are newer, all you need to do is run to the hardware store and get the same length screws but with the older thread style. The new thread is finer so you get more engagement. That is why boards switched overtime to that but as long as the screw is long enough but doesn't bottom out on the insert you should be fine.

I like those AA CWB bindings because they are tall and stiff. I used the marius bindings as well. Right now, I have hyperlite's with the system setup, ronix, and slingshot. They are all very good. I just buy the stiffer ones of their lineups because that is what I like to ride but its all personal preference and you can get used to any. If you had the AA's they were stiffer but if you have had them for many years they are probably softer now. If you like the high rise on those try the slingshots. Also a + for the slingshots if you care about durability. From what I've used, Ronix and the hyperlites with the system were definitely less durable for me when compared to the CWB and slingshots. If you can't find a deal on the slingshots I can refer you to a guy that probably get them at a good price. He is a dealer for kiteboarding slingshot gear but we use those same bindings for kiting as well.