Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (RAMZAK)      Join Date: Aug 2014       01-21-2016, 11:28 AM Reply   
I have found a 2013 Super Air Nautique 230 that I am considering buying.

What is everybodie's opinion of this boat? Surf Wave? Overall handling? anything helps...

Thanks!

This THE boat i'm considering

http://www.onlyinboards.com/2013-SUP...cky-54216.aspx
Old     (lucas200397)      Join Date: Aug 2013       01-21-2016, 1:52 PM Reply   
Hey, just a heads up PM me on here and ill shoot you my cell and give you a run down of who you will dealing with on this boat and might can save you some money and headache in the process.
Old     (Treybiz)      Join Date: Nov 2014       01-21-2016, 3:03 PM Reply   
Looks like it's at buxton. Good people.
Old     (cedarcreek216V)      Join Date: Aug 2011       01-21-2016, 8:22 PM Reply   
Seems like a great deal to me. If hours aren't an issue look at the other orange 2013 230 they have. Looks to have more options and a very nice trailer. Have you seen it in person? I can tell you most of their clients take great care of their boats and trade up every couple years which I bet is the story with these two boats.
Old     (superair)      Join Date: May 2000       01-22-2016, 9:14 AM Reply   
Buxton's is a great dealer. I trade mine in every 2-3 years i have purchased the last 6 nautiques from them,. I have a 14 for sale there now waiting on the 16 to come it.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-22-2016, 12:10 PM Reply   
I almost bought a used boat from Buxton, but couldn't work out some the details. I won't bore you with those details, but after my experience with them, Buxton is the first place I would look if I was in the used Nauti market bar none, and I live in NorCal. Those guys are straight shooters and they have a lot of in-stock used volume. Head over to planetnautique.com if you want to read or see videos posted of the 230 surf wake etc. There's plenty to see. That's what I did before buying mine. Good luck.
Old     (Treybiz)      Join Date: Nov 2014       01-22-2016, 12:49 PM Reply   
I'm pretty sure i've posted this on here before: I bought a hunk of crap off their back lot for far less then most people pay for a trailer and they still treat me like I bought a brand new g series every time I step foot in there. We will upgrade the boat in the next year or two after the dust settles from a new house and Buxton will certainly have my business.
Old     (cedarcreek216V)      Join Date: Aug 2011       01-22-2016, 3:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treybiz View Post
I'm pretty sure i've posted this on here before: I bought a hunk of crap off their back lot for far less then most people pay for a trailer and they still treat me like I bought a brand new g series every time I step foot in there. We will upgrade the boat in the next year or two after the dust settles from a new house and Buxton will certainly have my business.

This is their exact business model. They know the boater type and weather the first deal is $5k or $105k, they know the odds are it won't be your last boat deal and they want all your deals.

Anyway, for the OP, as stated above, ask the same question at Planetnautique.com and read for about 15 minutes there and you will find that's a great boat for just about everything you want to do.
Old     (RAMZAK)      Join Date: Aug 2014       01-23-2016, 7:08 AM Reply   
Thanks for all the props regarding Buxton. I havent been up there yet. Yes, I also saw the other orange one and now Im looking more at that one.

But I still need my question answered!!!!

I have never owned or thought about owning a SAN because they were just out of my price range. BUt after seeing this SAN, I think it might be a better value versus a brand new Mojo because it already took the big depreciation hit.

Somebody please tell me about these boats!! How do they surf? Are they good boats?

You can't search the term "SAN" on this board.
Old     (Shockthis)      Join Date: May 2014       01-23-2016, 1:54 PM Reply   
I have owned a 2011 moomba outback v and I currently own 2013 nuatique 210. Both were bought new from the same dealer. I had a couple of warranty issues with the moomba that took forever to get resolved. With the moomba I lost half of the season one year. I think the dealer ended up doing more of the work keeping us going. With the nautique any warranty issue we had was dealt with seamlessly. When I had to update a software issue I had. One of the nautique employees was dealing with me at 10 at night via his cell phone. They really take the extra time , and there employees really care.
As far as surf waves, the 230 has a killer surfwake. I have a 210 with nss and it is really good, but the 230 blows it out of the water.
I have had offer close to what I paid for my 210. I bought a left over in 2014. With my my moomba I bought it for 56k with tax and sold for 41k 2 1/2 years later.
I would say go with the used nautique over a new moomba.
Old     (cedarcreek216V)      Join Date: Aug 2011       01-24-2016, 12:51 PM Reply   
You can't compare a Moomba to a SAN230 or any Nautique for that matter. The quality and reputation of the Nautique is head over heals above the Moomba. Throw in the fact that Buxton will be your servicing dealer and it's a no brainier. The 230 was the flagship Nautique until the G came out, that should tell you all you need to know about what the boat can do.

Search over on PN, you will find more than you care to read.