Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-08-2013, 2:28 PM Reply   
I've been using a CTI kneebrace since 2010 and I absolutely love the support it gives me. However recently the straps have been coming undone as I ride. They've held up nice but after 3 solid years of use they've finally worn down. Any way I can get another set of them?

I tried looking online for a website but only found shops selling them. I would normally use plain velco straps but the ones I use have the padding between the strap and my leg.
Old     (clutchind)      Join Date: Oct 2009       07-08-2013, 5:12 PM Reply   
CTI is owned and manufactured by OSSUR. You can find their contact info here http://www.ossur.com/?PageID=12612. The velcro straps aren't under warranty however your entire brace is (At least custom ones are). If you can live without it for about a week or two (Depending how far from Cali you live) Call em up and they will install new hinges, repair any cracks, install new velcro, interior padding, hinge padding, and spray a fresh coat of paint. If I remember right a velcro strap set is around $35 per brace... I could be off though. I'll know soon enough though, I'm about to call for a new set of velcro as well.

I usually send my braces back for a refresh once a year as they will develop cracks over time or bend hinges / blow out hyperextention stops in a bad crash. Amazing company to deal with, have never had a bad experience and always receive my braces back sooner than expected.

-Ross
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-08-2013, 5:46 PM Reply   
I order s a stap kit from The Brae shop.

http://www.braceshop.com/ossur-cti-c...-strap-kit.htm
49.99 for the set. I just orderded on about 2 weeks ago. I had it in 2 days
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-08-2013, 11:27 PM Reply   
I'm surprised your straps lasted that long. Mine were toast in 1-1/2 years.