Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Snowboarding

Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-09-2009, 12:30 PM Reply   
what up fellow riders...well i'm attemping to get the GF into snowboarding. She is 5.5 and i'm looking for a womens board with bindings. Let me know what you got!

Thanks
Nate
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-09-2009, 3:35 PM Reply   
check www.evogear.com,

super good sales
Old     (ps3137)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-09-2009, 4:58 PM Reply   
sierrasnowboard.com has really good discounts on last year boards
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       12-10-2009, 10:11 AM Reply   
hit me at wazzy53@aol.com... My Fiance has some gear she is looking to get rid of....

(how much does your GF weigh & what is her shoe size?)
Old     (misteve)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-10-2009, 10:24 AM Reply   
If you think she'll actually use it quite a bit get her a Banana!

I got my gf a B-Street http://www.gnu.com/index.php/snowboards/b-street/

and she had snowboarded for years, but didn't really like it that much. But after she got on that board she's been hooked. Now she's got a season's pass!
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-11-2009, 9:13 AM Reply   
Steve-0,
The Banana looks great but I dont think i'm willing to drop the coin for a new board. I already picked up two wakeboards over the summer both new for her to ride.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-11-2009, 10:30 AM Reply   
Nate,
I was in the same place you are last year. I don't know if your girl is a girly girl and love pink but mine does. I when to the-house.com and picked up a binding and snowboard package for not very much. If she is just getting into snowboarding she doesn't need the best board on the market right now. To be honest I don't think my girl every will, she gets down the mountain really good but I would never see her hitting a kicker or riding a rail.

Here is something simliar to what I got her last year (it just diffrent grafics).

http://www.the-house.com/board-bind-pkg-w-066.html
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-11-2009, 12:24 PM Reply   
Buy her some boots and rent for a bit.... That way you can make sure she's into it. Then you can decide how much to spend on a board and bindings.

Otherwise, keep a close eye on whiskey militia. they had a Burton on there yesterday for $125. It was a steel.
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-12-2009, 7:18 AM Reply   
TechNine @ http://www.southshorefitted.com
Old     (bsebllhglyknit)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-12-2009, 8:21 AM Reply   
Heres what I did for my girlfriend last year.

Bought her some Ride sash boas.She was confortable and she could tighten her own boots with. I didnt want to get stuck always lacing her boots.

This year got her a new 5150 board, every black friday sportschalet sells them for 125. And a pair of flow bindings. Once again I dont want to get stuck tighting her bindings.

She is a girly girl and so if she gets cold shes a bit**. Bought her good pair of base layers a good jacket and pants. If she isnt warm she isnt going to have fun
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-12-2009, 12:27 PM Reply   
great ideas guys! she got a pair of boots from her sister who is the same size as her. I like the idea of flow bindings! I got her into wakeboarding this year and she took to it well.
Old     (hypripper)      Join Date: May 2002       12-13-2009, 12:06 AM Reply   
Maybe avoid flow bindings...I got some for my girlfriend and she had a hard time puting them on sitting down. I ended up getting her some burtons and she likes them a lot more
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       12-14-2009, 4:09 PM Reply   
^^^^^^+2

dont get her flows. the only easy way to put these on are standing up and begginers cant do that.

there super hard to get on sitting on the ground. i see people suggling all the time

bindings wih a good ratchet are key.
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-14-2009, 5:38 PM Reply   
you shouldnt even get flows in the first place, go with something like ride bindings, unions etc.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-15-2009, 5:49 AM Reply   
^^^^^^+3 on the flow. I used to have them and ever time I let a beginer try them they would fall over every time trying to put them on. Its pretty entertaining if its your buddy falling but its just going to piss your girl off if your dying laughing at her bust over and over again as she learns.