Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-04-2007, 10:46 PM Reply   
i would like to here true honest opinions about the 2 trailers. i have never owned an extreme trailer only a sport boats and it was a great trailer. so why spend an extra 2500 for the extreme?
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-05-2007, 5:04 AM Reply   
Get a Dorsey, skip the problems.
Old     (noel)      Join Date: Dec 2001       08-05-2007, 8:38 AM Reply   
I have an Extreme under a 2006 Wakesetter. Very nice trailer, but there are a couple things I don't like. The minor one is the license plate mount. It is on a piece of sheet metal hanging down from the trailer. Everytime we go in/out of the water, the mount bends. Not really a big deal. The second issue may just be me or our ramp. It seems like it is really hard to get the boat back on the trailer. I come in with the rear ballast full to try and get the bow higher, but it seems like I have to drive/crank harder than I should. When the boat is finally cranked all the way up, the platform is a couple of inches below the water (which doesn't happen with 11 people and full ballast). Like I said, it may just be that I haven't find the proper method, or it may just be the way the Extreme/Malibu combo is.

On the positives: great swing away tongue, strong brakes, great spare tire mount, led lighting, etc.

Even with my complaints, I'd buy another one.
Old     (meotch3)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-05-2007, 9:25 PM Reply   
I have an Extreme under a 2007 Malibu VTX and not a big fan of it. It looks great but the "self center" is a problem. The drivers side of the boat rubs up tight against the fender while I have about 2 inches on the opposite side. The dealer checked the VIN and said it was the correct trailer for the boat. They said they have never noticed this problem and were going to check into it. I know the VTX is a wider boat, not sure whats going to happen. Anyone else have this problem?