Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (gpd005)      Join Date: May 2013       07-27-2015, 11:37 AM Reply   
So last night we were waiting for all the tubers to leave our local lake and that normally happens between 5-6 on Sunday nights. I had my brother in the boat with me and he isn't a huge water sports guy but he has pulled me several times behind the boat. And while he may not go in perfectly straight lines, perfect pass keeps things where I can at least enjoy a set, which is much better than just floating and watching everyone else ride. I was getting ready to ride and my wife, who did not grow up on water and is basically terrified of it, pipes up and say's I'll drive!. Now keep in mind we have been married 12 years and have owned several boats, she has never once driven and pulled someone. She has putted around in idle zones but only driven it at speed a couple times. I was about to fall out of the boat when she said it. I was fully prepared to get pulled in circles but honestly I could have cared less, I was just so excited that she wanted to try it. So not only did she do a fantastic job pulling in straight lines but she didn't even do a power turn to come back and pick me up, she simply let the front end down and pulled right up next to me and said let's do that again it was fun!! At this point I could have cared less what I was doing I was just so overwhelmed with excitement that I just smiled and said ok. She dropped the rope right on my head, tightened up and away we went. To say my wife just increased her stock would be an understatement!!!!!!!!!! We had our two year old in the boat and he just say and smiled and watched mom drive and dad ride. To me, last night was about as good as it gets. Then to top it all off I landed a front roll last night for the first time ever, yeah it was on a kneeboard but it was still on my list of things I wanted to accomplish so the fact that I did it with my wife driving just made it that much better. Boating has just taken on a whole new meaning for me, and I just wanted to share my story! I guess all these years of riding in the boat while the guys rode she was paying attention and just waiting for her moment.