Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (SCA)      Join Date: Dec 2010       02-15-2013, 5:49 PM Reply   
Hey guys.. Its has been a couple years away from this site. I sold my 2005 V215 a couple years ago for financial reasons (the economy crashing forced me to sale a lot of stuff). I grew up having a boat and am ready to get back into one soon. I have been looking, and always seem to go back to Sanger. I would normally be looking at used, but I really like that Sanger went to Indmar motors. With that said... The Sanger website is not working on the build your boat part (something Sanger has never been to good at is their website). I am not a huge fan of what Im seeing for 2013 as far as tower and graphics. Not a fan at all of that reverse tower on the 215..The 215 has great lines, that tower just doesn't go in my opinion. Also not a fan of the graphics Im seeing on every new V215. So my question is, does anybody know if the tower offered last year is still going to be offered, and are the old gelcoats still being produced?
Old     (Gnargnar)      Join Date: Aug 2012       02-15-2013, 6:00 PM Reply   
Here's optional tower
Attached Images

Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       02-15-2013, 6:26 PM Reply   
Boy my wife would dig that king sized sun pad!!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-15-2013, 7:04 PM Reply   
i want to get the job of Sangers New boat development officer, he doesn't get a sketch pad or computer, just a hammock. Zzzzzzzzzzz.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-15-2013, 9:26 PM Reply   
They still have the flames and eclipse and others . I'm pretty sure they could do one just the same as your old one if you had the serial number. It's not that big a company.

Darren, I figure it might be a few years yet before anyone comes up with another V-drive boat that handles as well as the V215 so they just sit around the lunch room and talk about colour blocking or something.
Old     (Kingsriver)      Join Date: Aug 2011       02-15-2013, 10:31 PM Reply   
Call Mark at Semper Marine he can make it happen. They are also working with skylon on some new design that you might like. I am with you not a fun of their 2013 tower. I have last years 237 and love it. Great boat.
Old     (SCA)      Join Date: Dec 2010       02-15-2013, 11:34 PM Reply   
Thanks much! That's the tower I like.. Looks sharp, goes with the boat.
Old     (Gnargnar)      Join Date: Aug 2012       02-15-2013, 11:37 PM Reply   
I hope these reverse towers aren't a wave of the future
Old     (kuz)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-16-2013, 3:41 AM Reply   
Bought a brand new 2012 v215 last fall. Just took it out for the first time 2 days ago. Love it so far. We were not fans of the new reverse tower either. Ours came with the chubby tower. Do not like it as much as our old Sanger which we had put a Samson tower on. There was a 2012 left at the Marina we bought ours. I believe it was blue and black like the pic. But I believe it also had the chubby tower instead of the one you like.

Last edited by kuz; 02-16-2013 at 3:46 AM. Reason: added info
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-16-2013, 8:46 AM Reply   
Not a fan of the new tower either...I have the wakeair tower on my 08, it's okay...but I think it looks a lot better than the reverse tower, if I were buying a new Sanger I'd be ordering it with last years tower or without one & just have my dealer order & install the tower I liked...interesting how most of the sanger owners don't like the new tower, Sanger may wanna listen up.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-16-2013, 5:55 PM Reply   
Is this the new Sanger tower?
Attached Images

Old     (SCA)      Join Date: Dec 2010       02-16-2013, 7:14 PM Reply   
Yes.. That tower does not go with that boat. I know the graphics may be some people's cup of tea.. But I don't care for those either. I want a new V215, just want to make sure those are not the only options
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-16-2013, 8:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyart View Post
They still have the flames and eclipse and others . I'm pretty sure they could do one just the same as your old one if you had the serial number. It's not that big a company.

Darren, I figure it might be a few years yet before anyone comes up with another V-drive boat that handles as well as the V215 so they just sit around the lunch room and talk about colour blocking or something.
Man i liked the 215 i drove, but handling was not its strong point by any means... Ride quality was though.
Old     (SCA)      Join Date: Dec 2010       02-16-2013, 8:55 PM Reply   
Wow, I would have to disagree.. I've driven a lot of boats.. The V215 is the best handling V drive I have driven.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-16-2013, 10:33 PM Reply   
handling is.... turning ability, quickness, smoothness, tightness, or is "handling" the way it plows through chop? We always have these discussions and everyones opinions are all over the place, it can't be everyones ability to drive a wakeboat, it has to be that the premise are incorrect... both definitions applied to a boat will most likely net opposite results.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-17-2013, 8:11 AM Reply   
Darren; No computer No scratch pad Just a Hammock LOL,
That's exactly what I was thinking. Sanger makes a great boat
Just nothing very "game changing" in the last 10 years. I always thought
That's how manufactures made up for the cost of development and low sales volume.
They wouldn't change or make changes forever. But Sanger has sold a ton of 215s they would have
Had to make great money on that Model it's basically the same boat for How long Now?
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       02-17-2013, 8:29 AM Reply   
You would think, because it really cost them nothing to change up gel coat or graphics. Cost them no more to install a different tower.

I guess it goes with the.."if it aint broken....don't fix it"!! If they are hitting their sales numbers with the model and the company is where the owners are happy with profits great for them. They are never going to be a big boat builder, if they are cool with that and making enough to cover the costs and pay the bills thats cool.

If I could make a living making boats, but never got filthy rich off it I would be fine with that.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-17-2013, 11:00 AM Reply   
Don't me wrong I love Sangers I just feel there has been a lot of developments in the wake boat sector over the last 5 years and there niche is been gobbled up by mb sport.

I would like to see a V200: a V215 with a foot and a half out of the middle for small lakes
Also a new V215 with 6" more freeboard under the floor to house a decent flooder based ballast system
Also a better reverse tower, the current one is hideous and mounted too far back.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-17-2013, 11:02 AM Reply   
Grant the V215 came out mid late 2004
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-17-2013, 11:12 AM Reply   
Id like to see them build a new boat that the interior isn't gobbled up by the engine compartment.. Similar to the newest layout of the 237 but without the afterthought cup holder to cover the transmission. Their 23' boat feels like a 21' inside and the 21 feels like 19, whereas Calabria and Mb made a 21' boat feel like 23'
Old     (SCA)      Join Date: Dec 2010       02-17-2013, 11:27 AM Reply   
Its one of the reasons I keep going back to Sanger. For me personally, I don't want or need touch screens, and all the fluff. I want a good looking, good handling boat. The V215 is this. I don't want to pay for all that extra crap that I don't need. I love Sanger because for the most part they just make a well put together boat that looks great (Minus this years gel coat and tower). In all honesty... If I order one, I probably wont even get ballast tanks this time. Im 36 now, both knees are blown out, herniated disk in my neck...all from wakeboarding. I want a boat that I can enjoy the lake in... Something that will last a long time. Another thing I like about the 215.. Is if you notice the windshield is pushed forward.. I love the space it has in the back of the boat.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-17-2013, 12:12 PM Reply   
I little birdie told me new model(s) coming out for 2014...
Old     (pennery)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-17-2013, 1:43 PM Reply   
How much does a new 215 go for typically? What other brands are they competing with for similar money?
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-18-2013, 10:33 AM Reply   
My definition of handling comes from a race and performance car background. As "Dad the driver" I made the choice to get the D215 instead of the V215 for that reason. The D215 was far superior to any other D-drive in rough conditions and better than most of the I/Os I test drove in bad weather. The V215 was the only rear engine boat that was consistant and responsive in the same manner as some of the D-drives. If I had been willing to sacrifice some of my own pleasure to get the open design of a V-drive I would have considered the V215 as the only option as it could handle rough water and still felt consistant and responsive while driving.

I'm not ignorant of the quality of the other brands. They make some outstanding products. For me, however, I would still buy what I did. (although they don't list it anymore)
Old     (montana_sanger)      Join Date: Nov 2007       02-18-2013, 10:34 AM Reply   
That is the new tower. I can tell you in person that it fits the boat pretty nice. I posted some pictures last year and it was kind of universally hated on here with myself included. In person, I kind of like it, it folds down behind the window and doesn't interfere with getting in and out like I thought it would. The only thing I'm not a fan of is a windshield mounted mirror, which I'm exploring some options on.

The XTZ or LTZ (V237) Version has the billet and the swivel board racks standard. Also they only offer the "Launch pad", which is the aft seat on the XTZ and LTZ options only.

. There is also quite a bit of difference on the interiors of XTZ/LTZ, Blue tooth stereo, 6 speakers, Colored dashes, Interior LEDS, padded winddam, Pull-up cleats, Billet trim, Stainless exhaust tips, Zero off GPS, triple ballast, Livorsi gauges, Flip up bolster seat to name a few. I have included a pic of the XTZ type and the standard tower for the S and LS models.

As far as a V-215 not handling well, that's news to me and I've got 300 hours on mine.
Attached Images

Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-18-2013, 10:35 AM Reply   
Darren, I figure a pod drive installed in a 19' 11" Sanger hull with the 500 hp engine would be a cool wakeboat.
Old     (kuz)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-19-2013, 7:38 AM Reply   
Noticed the location of the last pics. Townsend Marine. Nice! That is where we bought ours last fall.
Old     (fasfeat)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-19-2013, 5:04 PM Reply   
Craig, we can do most of our old graphics. We will be happy to install the old SS tower if we can get one? As for charge at Sanger, It's true that we don't change thing very often. This is most defiantly one of the reasons we can afford to build a very high quality boat at the most affordable price that we do! If you want a really good boat, that handles well and holds up to the normal pounding of daily use, Sanger is your choice!
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-19-2013, 7:41 PM Reply   
So no pod drive in the works eh Scott?
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-19-2013, 8:02 PM Reply   
I like the new Samson tower on this Sanger, imo, it looks like a much better fit. I think it would also look great on an MB as well.
Attached Images

Last edited by fman; 02-19-2013 at 8:06 PM.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-19-2013, 8:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by montana_sanger View Post
That is the new tower. I can tell you in person that it fits the boat pretty nice. I posted some pictures last year and it was kind of universally hated on here with myself included. In person, I kind of like it, it folds down behind the window and doesn't interfere with getting in and out like I thought it would. The only thing I'm not a fan of is a windshield mounted mirror, which I'm exploring some options on.

The XTZ or LTZ (V237) Version has the billet and the swivel board racks standard. Also they only offer the "Launch pad", which is the aft seat on the XTZ and LTZ options only.

. There is also quite a bit of difference on the interiors of XTZ/LTZ, Blue tooth stereo, 6 speakers, Colored dashes, Interior LEDS, padded winddam, Pull-up cleats, Billet trim, Stainless exhaust tips, Zero off GPS, triple ballast, Livorsi gauges, Flip up bolster seat to name a few. I have included a pic of the XTZ type and the standard tower for the S and LS models.

As far as a V-215 not handling well, that's news to me and I've got 300 hours on mine.
what year are these boats? I actually like that graphic a lot, and the tower fits well, imo.
Old     (montana_sanger)      Join Date: Nov 2007       02-20-2013, 11:00 AM Reply   
Johnny - They are 2013's.

Kuz- Thanks for ther name drop, I hope you guys enjoy yours as much as I have mine. - These guys are into some pretty sick Skyskiing.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-20-2013, 12:50 PM Reply   
Not sure about the tail hanging off the back.... not my cup of tea
Old     (zammer)      Join Date: Jan 2008       10-11-2013, 8:17 PM Reply   
Just wanted to post up that I really like the tower in person and being a previous owner of a 2006 and 2009 V210 with cubby towers this is for sure a change for the Sanger look. The tower is very sturdy and when you are in the driver's seat the view is unobstructed which is a first for me. Even once boards get mounted and all the other stuff we hang on towers it will remain clear..
I am now on my 3rd Sanger, but this time its a V215! what a sweet boat. Feels like i'm siting in a deep hot tub compared to the v210. The v210 was an amazing boat too but we are doing more surfing now so we figured we would upgrade to the 215. Here it is with the white tower. Dont get discouraged by the tower until you check it out in person. I think this is a good change and will be beneficial when cruising the waters.. reading older threads when the tower first came out to public eye, the tower complaints discouraged me for a bit until i seen them upclose they dont feel or look cheap but actually fit the boat the more you look at it complared to a traditional tower. The Samson tower would be a nice fit as well..

Name:  driveway v215.jpg
Views: 2737
Size:  81.9 KB
Old     (bwake)      Join Date: Sep 2009       10-12-2013, 12:40 AM Reply   
When was the v210 discontinued? Just noticed it's no longer on the website
Old     (zammer)      Join Date: Jan 2008       10-12-2013, 3:12 AM Reply   
I just noticed that last week as well. I think they are discontinued now, 2013 final year.
Does discontinuation hurt resale value?
Old     (humboldt9)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-12-2013, 9:06 AM Reply   
I was checking out the new website a couple of weeks ago also and noticed the V210 was no longer displaying also. Lot's of 2014 model year introductions going on lately, anybody have any idea when Sanger is announcing there '14's? Sad to see the 210 being eliminated if that's the case, but cautiously optimistic they might be coming out with a new 21ft model. I'm not sure how they survive on just 215 and 237 sales.
Old     (humboldt9)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-12-2013, 9:08 AM Reply   
I don't think the discontinuation is going to impact resale much. There's a huge demand for quality used v-drives just to get into the game versus the alternative $70k plus new boat.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-14-2013, 5:46 PM Reply   
^^^not to mentioned that's a prized model so I'd think they'd wind uobholding their value quite well.

I'd like to see Sanger get back to their race boat heritage with a pickle fork model. I love Sanger boats. Mines been flawless for nearly 400 hours. They're just such well built boats and a great company that stands behind their products.
Old     (SESanger)      Join Date: Apr 2013       10-15-2013, 6:55 AM Reply   
Sanger has some great stuff in the works. Some game changers coming from Sanger for sure.

That said, the 215 is a truly amazing hull. It does anything an all out watersports family could think of doing. Ski (I've run the course in mine and was very pleasantly surprised), wake board, surf, barefoot (yeah, seriously), tube, disc, trick ski... You name it, this boat does it, and does it well. Arguably the most underestimated cross-over on the market.

Last edited by SESanger; 10-15-2013 at 6:58 AM.
Old     (SESanger)      Join Date: Apr 2013       10-15-2013, 6:58 AM Reply   
That said, the 215 is a truly amazing hull. It does anything an all out watersports family could think of doing. Ski (I've run the course in mine and was very pleasantly surprised), wake board, surf, barefoot (yeah, seriously), tube, disc, trick ski... You name it, this boat does it, and does it well. Arguably the most underestimated cross-over on the market.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-15-2013, 2:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SESanger View Post
Sanger has some great stuff in the works. Some game changers coming from Sanger for sure.
Oh do tell. I was leaning towards getting an MB 22 tomcat next but I am a Sanger guy front and back.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-15-2013, 5:01 PM Reply   
Some game changers coming from Sanger for sure? I hope the game changers are better than the sun pad extensions and those towers. I am just not a fan, sorry. They all look outdated to me.
Old     (Indyxc)      Join Date: Jul 2011       10-15-2013, 6:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 501s View Post
Some game changers coming from Sanger for sure? I hope the game changers are better than the sun pad extensions and those towers. I am just not a fan, sorry. They all look outdated to me.

Yeah really. 2004 Called, and wants their boat back.

A game changer for Sanger ,would be getting bought by Nautique or Mastercraft.
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       10-15-2013, 6:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 501s View Post
That's because the boat has been exactly the same for almost 10 years
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-15-2013, 8:39 PM Reply   
And the V210 was released in 1995! Almost 20 years ago.