Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-23-2011, 10:35 AM Reply   
So, I bought a 2002 X-Star that was a theft recovery from a tow yard out of Houston and had it shipped to Utah. Got a great price. I usually do a boat or two per year so I'm used to projects but this one has made me sad how someone could completely damage almost everything on the boat. I'm still working out the bugs but here's a list of what I've done so far.

1. Dash board was stolen, I had to buy a new dash and rewire the whole harness. This includes a new mmdc to get the gauges working.
2. New Perfectpass gauge complete with new chip- and now the servo motor is not working.
3. New Sony marine stereo w/remote, kicker speakers and amp.
3. New Steering wheel and steering cable.
4. New impeller.
5. New Starter
6. New Plugs
7. New Exhaust baffles -The part that goes between the headers and the muffler.
8. New ACME 911 prop.
9. New ballast system, complete with 6 new Tsuami 800 GPH pumps.
10. New Transmission clutch plates and rebuilt kit for tranny.
11. New Tongue jack.
12. Some time well spent on waxing the gelcoat and oil on the teak.

Ok, so after a fresh rebuild on the transmission (I have some good info on this if anyone needs it. (Hurth V-Drive) I'm still experiencing some issues. --By the way if your tranny stops going into gear check your filter first. The only info I got from the dealer was -"Just buy a new transmission, they're only like $4-5K!"

The engine seems to be running rich, the exhaust is blacker than it should be and seems to be missing under load of taking off. My question is do I need to do anything to adjust for altitude? The engine starts easily and sounds good, just smells a little strong and missing a little under load.