Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (mcclure_kevo)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-11-2013, 11:34 AM Reply   
Any updates
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-11-2013, 12:25 PM Reply   
It is starting to look like a cable lake. They have been doing dirt work like crazy,I believe next spring they will open to the public
Old     (Bam6961)      Join Date: Apr 2011       10-29-2013, 9:22 PM Reply   
update on VIP, Kaesen's new signature rail rail will be there.

http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/new...en-suyderhoud/

VIP website:
http://www.velocityislandpark.com/news/
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-30-2013, 12:37 AM Reply   
The Liner is almost finished it looks like.....Towers should be going in soon.
Stoked Kaesen is going to be around he kills it!!!!!
Old     (Medium)      Join Date: Aug 2011       10-30-2013, 9:09 AM Reply   
Where is this place located at?
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-30-2013, 2:41 PM Reply   
Right off of I-5....You would take the 3rd Woodland exit coming from Sacramento.
If your heading Northbound on the freeway you can look down onto the park.
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-25-2013, 5:54 PM Reply   
I've been passing this place for months. Kinda thought it was a weird place for a fancy pond. Then today I noticed all the towers and it hit me. I was surprised it will be so close to the only other park in NorCal. It really is coming along nicely though. Looks like all the towers are up and there appears to also be two separate lakes one bigger than the other.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-25-2013, 7:41 PM Reply   
The small lake will be 2 2.0's I believe.....and a full clockwise cable in the big lake.
It looks like there is someone working 7 days a week......lol
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-03-2014, 9:23 AM Reply   
Looks like Velocity will be the park for riders and Wake Island will be the park for families.

Unit rails at Velocity will be awesome!
Old     (scuba_steve)      Join Date: Oct 2013       01-21-2014, 11:40 AM Reply   
Does anyone have some updates for Velocity? The website has no new activity and the facebook page has been dead since December when they had gift certificates available.

Be nice to know when they plan on opening, normal prices and yearly passes along with what features they will have.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-21-2014, 1:10 PM Reply   
It is crazy that the two parks will be so close. Competition is healthy for the consumer, but I wish they were spaced further apart.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-21-2014, 2:57 PM Reply   
I know the towers are up and it looks like they are doing finishing work or wiring maybe over by the dock area.
I will get excited when I see water in them......Then it will be close.

Jarrod you can always do one on a Sat then the other on a Sun.....lol
Or even do both in 1 day. They are only about 30 minutes apart.

Since we dont have any rain it looks like cable might be busy in Nor Cal next summer!!!!!!
Old     (moto817)      Join Date: Jan 2011       01-21-2014, 4:01 PM Reply   
If they can get the water to fill the cable lakes !
Old     (scuba_steve)      Join Date: Oct 2013       01-21-2014, 4:04 PM Reply   
I wish they were further apart as well, but I'm hoping Velocity and Wake Island can both stay open. From what I've read Velocity will have two 2.0s and as a wakeskater im hoping they keep one set up with the wakeskate friendly rails/boxes. I remember at one point there was a rumor of a stair set/drop going in for one of the 2.0s.
Old     (scuba_steve)      Join Date: Oct 2013       06-24-2014, 12:58 PM Reply   
Buy a $7 ticket to the King of Wake stop in Lathrop and get a 1 hour pass to Velocity Island.

"Lathrop - With each ticket purchased you'll receive:
Velocity Island Park - 1 Free 1 Hour cable pass. Valid only Monday-Friday; June 2 - July 31, 2014. Valid for only 1 per person. Good for only the 1st 500 tickets sold."

https://events.bonniercorp.com/start/tickets
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-24-2014, 5:01 PM Reply   
/\/\/\/\ kind of frustrating to get a coupon to a park that isn't even open yet.
Old     (Bam6961)      Join Date: Apr 2011       06-24-2014, 7:56 PM Reply   
heard it would open in two weeks to public!! heard it from a local rider that has ridden there a couple of times
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-01-2014, 4:38 PM Reply   
I've had the chance to visit the park on a couple of occasions. The family that owns the park and is doing the construction is awesome. You get the feeling that they love people and love wakeboarding. They are working really hard to get it open in the next two weeks. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.
Old     (scuba_steve)      Join Date: Oct 2013       07-07-2014, 4:54 PM Reply   
Update! Looks they will be opening this weekend and then everyday of the week from 11am-sunset.

Hourly pricing as follows, doesn't say if this includes helmet, vest and beginner board like Wake Island does.

RATES

Single Day Pass
2 Hour $34
4 Hour $44
All Day $54
Season Pass

Season passes are limited and available on first come first serve basis.

Session Pass: $799

The session pass is for the workaholics and students who share the same passion we do. Put down your pencils, kick off your boots and come have a session!

• Weekday 2 Hour Pass (Monday – Friday)
• Weekend & Holiday Blackout
• Special Discounts & Events
• Ride Doubles

Perfect Pass: $1,299

Just enough for the right price, it’s the perfect pass!

• Ride All Day on Weekdays (Monday – Friday)
• Weekend & Holiday Blackout from 12-5pm
• Ride Doubles

Ultimate VIP Pass: $1,599

It truly is the VIP Pass. Ride as much as you want, when you want, and then ride some more!

• Ride All Day 7 days a week
• No Blackout Dates
• Ride Doubles

Groups

Velocity offers discounted rates for groups of 12 or more. Group rates must be booked in advanced, please call us for pricing and more information.

Birthdays & Private Parties

Private cable rentals are great for birthday parties, corporate events, and team building. Rent out a System 2.0 and Tropical Cabana to host your party lakeside. The Full Size Cable is also available to rent for private events before or after operating hours. Call us for pricing and more information.

----------

Glad to get a solid update on this place.
Old     (HotBoarder10121)      Join Date: May 2012       07-09-2014, 12:52 PM Reply   
Here's the latest from a Facebook post from VIP themselves.
Postponed to July 17th

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...70437463034001
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-11-2014, 9:37 AM Reply   
This place looks amazing and is worth the money!
Old     (HotBoarder10121)      Join Date: May 2012       07-17-2014, 2:52 PM Reply   
Went to the park today and it was awesome. Everyone working there is super nice. They had a few problems but that's bound to happen, so don't blame them. I here early august for a grand opening. And if anyone from VIP reads this; add some more kickers. Thanx guys! Keep up the good work!
Old     (tranner)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-18-2014, 9:49 AM Reply   
Aside from VIP running clockwise vs. Wake Island running counter clockwise, how would you rate their course compared to Wake Island? I'm asking because I'm not from the area and only had the chance to see VIP from the street a few weeks ago and it appeared like a much smaller course with far less features. I'm excited to try it because I'm regular footed.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-23-2014, 8:33 AM Reply   
JT. I just visited velocity yesterday. Good place, very nice, killer setup. The main difference btw Velocity and Wake Island (in my opinion)...besides rotation, are the features. Velocity has a lot more advanced features whereas Wake island is more beginner friendly IMHO. Velocity does not have a ride on flat box or anything for a beginner to really "learn on". I was glad I went without the GF as I dont think she would have enjoyed the setup. I am not trying to say anything bad about either place. They are both super nice places.
Old     (bschall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-23-2014, 9:53 AM Reply   
A flat box and another kicker are going in soon! The lake itself is a little bit smaller than Wake Islands but each of the features can be hit a countless number of ways. Definitely takes some getting used to if Wake Island is the only cable you have ridden due to the more complex features but once you get it down its a blast.
Old     (scuba_steve)      Join Date: Oct 2013       07-23-2014, 11:26 AM Reply   
Made it out to Velocity last night.

The grounds are awesome.. Grass all around the lake, concrete everywhere to walk on and some great landscaping. Start dock we made really nice with trex/faux wood and everything looked really clean install wise.

All the employees were friendly and happy to talk about the park and new features/plans being made for the future.

As it has been stated, currently there are no beginner features on the main cable but they have a long flat box on a trailer in the parking lot that will be going in soon. For wakeboarders looking for some more advanced stuff with LOTS of creative lines it is an awesome place.

For beginner wakeboarders all of the current features can be intimadating but that doesnt mean you cant hit them and they will soon have a ride on flat box and a baby incline ramp back in the water.

For wakeskating, the main cable doesnt offer much at the moment but you can get creative with some wall riders on the Kaesen and their bank rail but the real fun is in the 2.0 ponds. My friend and I were the only two wakeskaitng last night and we had the 2.0 to ourself and rode plenty.

Its not the longest length out there and you can hit two tricks before the turn around but because its one rider at a time you can get A LOT of riding in within a short time frame. And its perfect for trying new tricks.

They are talking about a some wakeskate specific rails like an incline and narrow flat going in there but for now its just flat water tricks.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-23-2014, 2:00 PM Reply   
I agree, TONS and TONS of fun and potential lines, tricks, etc.

Broc, is there talk/discussion in swapping the bank box/transfer with the elbow rail or at least to a position where the bank in pointing inward towards the line vs. outward? I imagine everything may be in-flux once the additional features are added.
Old     (bschall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-23-2014, 4:51 PM Reply   
I believe they are planning on moving the tech series (bank box/transfer) to somewhere that you can fully utilize the bank but i am sure they want to get the flat bar and other kicker in before hand. Only time will tell!
Old     (Dustfarter)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-24-2014, 3:41 PM Reply   
As others have said the place is really fun...and more advanced than WI. They both have their place though. Stoked to have options in the Sac area.
The crew running it are all super nice so it's good vibes all around.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-29-2014, 9:33 PM Reply   
Owners April and Scott could not be cooler.
The features are dynamite! -looked intimidating at first given I've only ridden cable a few times, but really they're not bad at all and help you to step up your game.
The Kaesen rail is super fun because there is so much you can do with it. It scared me for a minute, but it's fine as long as you commit and keep your speed up on the approach. The toughest one for me is the tech series (bank box/transfer), harder than it looks. One of the cable ops told me they plan to keep moving things around and experimenting with placements of features. Great times.
Ok, back under my rock now, talk to ya'll in a couple more years.
Old     (bschall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-29-2014, 11:05 PM Reply   
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-30-2014, 7:00 PM Reply   
I just found out my favorite cable operator is helping to get that place off the ground. Say hi to Josh for me, all the way from Fort Myers FL. Missed him today at Revolution.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-30-2014, 7:51 PM Reply   
That little video sure makes it look easy!!!!
Lol
Old     (wheels777)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-09-2014, 7:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranner View Post
Aside from VIP running clockwise vs. Wake Island running counter clockwise, how would you rate their course compared to Wake Island? I'm asking because I'm not from the area and only had the chance to see VIP from the street a few weeks ago and it appeared like a much smaller course with far less features. I'm excited to try it because I'm regular footed.
The VIP features are substantially better than those at Wake Island. Almost everything at Velocity Island is built by UNIT, which means absolutely state-of-the art. Plus, they even have a couple of beginner-friendly features now, and are putting in a second kicker very soon I heard.

If you ask me, the balance of beginner-to-pro level riding is perfect at VIP, cause they have two System 2.0's that are always available (whereas at WI beginners can only go on the S2 at certain times), and the cable spins a tad faster at Velocity, which makes for way better rail riding sessions.

The cable is also quite a bit higher at Velocity, which is perfect for air tricks!! I'm left-foot forward too, so have been in heaven riding there two to four times a week.