Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-13-2014, 6:44 PM Reply   
Yes, yes you can!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwOH...ature=youtu.be
Used jet ski $3000
cheap wakeboard rope $40
surfboard $450
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       08-13-2014, 7:01 PM Reply   
IDK, that wave looks like a Mastercraft with Gen1 Surf Tabs to me.
Old     (WakeWise)      Join Date: Jun 2014       08-13-2014, 7:09 PM Reply   
Haters gotta hate.
Old     (rockballer)      Join Date: Jun 2014       08-13-2014, 7:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonshark View Post
idk, that wave looks like a mastercraft with gen1 surf tabs to me.
lol
Old     (bspot5)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-13-2014, 9:22 PM Reply   
kinda looked gen 2 to me, got some length there!
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-13-2014, 9:41 PM Reply   
I have a feeling this will really catch on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In talks now with Scarab and Ski Doo and Yamaha to promote the surf editions... I have an NDA signed and patents pending, so step off
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       08-13-2014, 11:04 PM Reply   
I was honestly expecting to see like a 10' ocean board there. Kind of impressed he was able to ride it as long as he did with that tiny wake. Anyone ID the board he's riding? It has to track fast as hell.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-14-2014, 3:04 AM Reply   
Diggs, it would only catch on if the jet ski had perfect pass, the jet ski was fluctuating between 9 and 10 mph, even though the rpm's were held at 5000, this was very annoying being on such a small wake and why I couldn't stay in the pocket. Its a yellow loogy inland surfer, I have an 8ft longboard, but the front tip would be hitting the jet ski.
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       08-14-2014, 6:26 AM Reply   
So much push!
Old     (petrie141)      Join Date: Jun 2012       08-14-2014, 6:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by phathom View Post
I was honestly expecting to see like a 10' ocean board there. Kind of impressed he was able to ride it as long as he did with that tiny wake. Anyone ID the board he's riding? It has to track fast as hell.
I was expecting a longboard as well. That was impressive! Gimme a pull!
Old     (LYNRDSKYNRD)      Join Date: Sep 2012       08-14-2014, 6:48 AM Reply   
Haha much respect for getting that done!
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       08-14-2014, 2:14 PM Reply   
Lmao!! That looks super fun!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-15-2014, 10:59 PM Reply   
Hilarious and entertaining.
Old     (LKASurfing)      Join Date: Nov 2011       08-16-2014, 5:24 AM Reply   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYa0...ature=youtu.be

Just because this is related. We went out to show you can get a decent wake behind our 14ft Boston Whaler Jet Boat! I have seen smaller wakes on Inboards. Plus it look pretty dam good!!! lol

It was a fun experiment that worked!
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-17-2014, 9:28 AM Reply   
Matt, yes that wave looks very good for a 14ft jet boat! It looks like you can hold the speed pretty steady too? I'm thinking cost to be around 5k? How much ballast did you use?
Old     (LKASurfing)      Join Date: Nov 2011       08-18-2014, 7:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshmoe View Post
Matt, yes that wave looks very good for a 14ft jet boat! It looks like you can hold the speed pretty steady too? I'm thinking cost to be around 5k? How much ballast did you use?
Jo,
This was a 90hp model, so it was maxed out speed wise, the 115 hp would probably do a lot better. I had 150lb brick in the rear that was not all the way full and a 400lb back on that side toward the front that was not quite full either.
You can find these boats for a few thousand. We have a new Enzo, but this is the kids fishing/tubing boat and wanted to see if we could doit! They rope surf behind it all the time with no weight and love it!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-18-2014, 9:34 AM Reply   
On a Yellow Loogey (gen 2), no less! Nice work!

The main issue is that you will want more wave out of it because you can't do much with the wave it is putting out now.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-19-2014, 10:55 AM Reply   
"We have a new Enzo, but this is the kids fishing/tubing boat and wanted to see if we could doit!"
Yah, that's why we were out there riding behind the waverunner, we have a 2005 Vlx and I think my son had more fun "trying" to ride behind the jet ski!
Old     (IndySkier)      Join Date: Mar 2011       09-02-2014, 7:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshmoe View Post
Diggs, it would only catch on if the jet ski had perfect pass, the jet ski was fluctuating between 9 and 10 mph, even though the rpm's were held at 5000, this was very annoying being on such a small wake and why I couldn't stay in the pocket. Its a yellow loogy inland surfer, I have an 8ft longboard, but the front tip would be hitting the jet ski.
Problem solved. My friend has a SeaDoo Wake 215 with GPS cruise. The process is different than PP. It works like setting a max speed then there is no surging. Worked pretty well for pulling everything from kneeboards to slalom (dragged it all over though). Haven't surfed it but did try running cruise at 10mph. Of course you could find a DD with PP and sack it out for about the same price as a new SeaDoo. I'd prefer a DD.