Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (355spider)      Join Date: Aug 2015       06-25-2017, 6:34 PM Reply   
I currently have pristine 2014 50 hour Tige RZ2 which is a great boat. Our problem is we live on lake Travis in Austin which has lots of big boats on it producing big wakes. My son and I don't mind a little beating but my wife and 3 daughters don't like it. Our lake is better in a 23ft+ @5500+lbs. I'm thinking of trading for a Tige RZX3 or G23. I'm also considering a Cobalt R7 WSS Surf which would be great on our lake. My buddy has one but I haven't surfed it. Anyone surfed a traditional boat with reversed drive?
Old     (355spider)      Join Date: Aug 2015       06-25-2017, 6:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 355spider View Post
I currently have pristine 2014 50 hour Tige RZ2 which is a great boat. Our problem is we live on lake Travis in Austin which has lots of big boats on it producing big wakes. My son and I don't mind a little beating but my wife and 3 daughters don't like it. Our lake is better in a 23ft+ @5500+lbs. I'm thinking of trading for a Tige RZX3 or G23. I'm also considering a Cobalt R7 WSS Surf which would be great on our lake. My buddy has one but I haven't surfed it. Anyone surfed a traditional boat with reversed drive?
Old     (Padge)      Join Date: Feb 2017       06-26-2017, 2:15 AM Reply   
Have you considered the centurion ri237? V hull all the way back. Would cut through the chop a lot better. Also have you tried loading a little ballast while cruising? Really helps out on a rough day
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       06-26-2017, 5:42 AM Reply   
My Ri217 cuts through chop very well, i can only imagine a 237 does better.
Old     (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-26-2017, 5:11 PM Reply   
I wouldn't do the Cobalt if you were serious about the wave.
Old     (infinitysurf)      Join Date: Apr 2017       06-26-2017, 6:46 PM Reply   
+3 on Centurion V-Hull and the RI237, that will be my next boat for sure. I currently have a 2014 SV244 that cuts thru chop like butter. I am on a big lake with tons of activity.....I can point my bow up a little and wife n kids barely notice the big waves we are cutting thru. That said, Tige also has some nice V-hulls....RZX3 is a nice boat for sure.
I have surfed a reverse drive Cobalt, my brother has a yearly deal where he "rents" any of the 20 boats they have available thru his club and one of them is the Cobalt. Very nice boat, surf wave is nice and surfable but not on the same level as my Centurion (but not everyone needs pro level wake) but it certainly did not seem to ride anywhere near as smooth as my boat in chop. Just my .02, maybe I am slightly biased. Best thing you can do is DEMO the boats you are interested in.
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       06-26-2017, 7:02 PM Reply   
100% with D. I would say the same thing.

Currently have a 16 Z1.
I'm à Tige fan since long ago but if I had to change for larger it would probably be a ri237.
Since 2016 they really improved the model and become the top1 surf boat.

Just surfed this weekend on a RZX3. Great boat, really. For me it's a dream boat haha..
Like the ri237. Both wave are pretty similar. Centurion is a deep V hull so they handle weight a little bit more
Or cutting other boat wave in your case.
RZX3 is the biggest of tige, the V hull is pretty deep either. little bit more sensitive but sure it will does the job.

Thing with g23 is that you pay total price for the head turning. (Personal opinion)
Really great boat, probably the best but so pricy when you could have pretty much the same wake with other..

Personally prefer the overall look of rzx, but I had to say.. centurion really impressed me with their surf system.
Go demo them and you gonna be set! It's the easiest way to choose
Old     (355spider)      Join Date: Aug 2015       06-26-2017, 9:14 PM Reply   
Centurion's dealer is terrible out here.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-29-2017, 8:53 AM Reply   
see about getting your maintenance done at another dealer. Some may charge a higher hourly because its not what they sell. may be worth it to get into the right boat