Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (HushPuff)      Join Date: Feb 2014       07-16-2015, 5:27 AM Reply   
Guess you gotta pick your third up at the dock?

If embed dosn't work...

https://youtu.be/q_nPTqSBcWk

Did not check for repost
Old     (onetogofast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-16-2015, 7:19 AM Reply   
Why not, right?
Old     (slidin_out)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-16-2015, 10:27 AM Reply   
Get to the water however you can right? Bet he has some hella traction on those rear wheels now
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-16-2015, 11:02 AM Reply   
I bet he doesn't have as good of traction as you would think. I think he's being held back more than pushed down, kind of like this but from behind

And we'll.. On a rear wheel drive car but you get what I'm saying. Like to hold it back for a better burnout
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-16-2015, 11:03 AM Reply   
Further, if he full on hooked and threw the hammer down that babies gonna twist up like a pretzel
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-16-2015, 11:32 AM Reply   
Besides it being kind of Ghetto, and the rear of that car I'm sure is not meant to have that much weight at the toung, what's wrong with that. If he had some sort of airbag system to compensate the toung weight that car is MORE then worthy to do work. That Air Nautique only weighs 2600 Lbs so it's not like he is hauling a current heavy weight Wake Ship like a G25 or something.

On my recent trip to Australia I was very surprised to see a lot of cars like Benz's and smaller 4 door cars with tailer hitches. Most people think a Truck is way overkill and they just throw a hitch on the family car and everyone seems to own a trailer. That way when you need to haul something or make a crazy dump run you just hook up the trailer to the family car and get-er-dun yea Haw!!!! Go USA
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-16-2015, 12:09 PM Reply   
I think the main issue here is total mass. Braking fine, power, more than fine. But if that boat starts stepping around.. Eek I wouldn't care at all on a private road.. But idk about public road.
Old     (feral)      Join Date: Oct 2011       07-16-2015, 6:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Besides it being kind of Ghetto, and the rear of that car I'm sure is not meant to have that much weight at the toung, what's wrong with that. If he had some sort of airbag system to compensate the toung weight that car is MORE then worthy to do work. That Air Nautique only weighs 2600 Lbs so it's not like he is hauling a current heavy weight Wake Ship like a G25 or something.

On my recent trip to Australia I was very surprised to see a lot of cars like Benz's and smaller 4 door cars with tailer hitches. Most people think a Truck is way overkill and they just throw a hitch on the family car and everyone seems to own a trailer. That way when you need to haul something or make a crazy dump run you just hook up the trailer to the family car and get-er-dun yea Haw!!!! Go USA
there is no way on Earth (even in Australia) that that car has the towing capacity, weight etc to tow a big boat safely - might pull it but brakes and running gear no good.

in Aust "trucks" are rare and our cars are generally much smaller (getting smaller), lots of smaller utes amongst tradies (utilities) and a quite few dual cab 4wd's - still smaller than your trucks.

lots of cars have tow hitches and many can tow a decent size boat but more commonly they would only tow the 6x4 trailer to the dump, moto or camping every now and then.

we have pretty strict rules on towing capacity, trailer brakes and similar.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-16-2015, 7:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by King12 View Post
I think the main issue here is total mass. Braking fine, power, more than fine. But if that boat starts stepping around.. Eek I wouldn't care at all on a private road.. But idk about public road.
"Oh but I only need to tow it a couple times down to the ramp" - AKA, I'm not responsible enough to buy or use a SAFELY capable vehicle so I don't kill somebody on the way. /sarcasm

Some of those comments have been made here. "but I've never had a problem before" - no, but when you do, you'll be lucky to live to tell about it, whether it's in jail for killing someone or a grave.
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-16-2015, 7:56 PM Reply   
I'm not sure why you picked me to get all pissy with when I was commenting on it not having adequate mass for a public venue but ok
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-16-2015, 8:33 PM Reply   
I was adding to your comment about people using insufficient tow vehicles. Insufficient in the fact that it couldn't control the load if it started stepping around.
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-16-2015, 9:18 PM Reply   
Ah I see, I think I thought you where directing it at me and not at others. Gotcha, my bad.
Old     (SWEC)      Join Date: Jun 2015       07-17-2015, 6:40 AM Reply   
A trailer with electric brakes maybe but not a trailer with surge brakes...kinda need the mass of the tow vehicle to activate those
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-24-2015, 12:24 AM Reply   
My buddy used to tow his Ski Nautique with his 1993 Mustang ex cop car. It did it surprisingly well. He just added air shocks in the back. Sport cars have the power, even have the brakes, they just need a little suspension help and they get the job done. Not sure I would tow over 4000#s with a sports car. I used to tow my Ski Nautique with a Jeep Cherokee (the little one with a straight 6). It did the job fine.
Old     (DavidAnalog)      Join Date: Sep 2013       07-24-2015, 8:31 AM Reply   
The Vette definitely has the power and the brakes. I wouldn't hesitate to use it for towing over very short distances as long as I had limo tint.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       07-24-2015, 10:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidAnalog View Post
The Vette definitely has the power and the brakes. I wouldn't hesitate to use it for towing over very short distances as long as I had limo tint.
What happens when the car brakes stop the car and the boat/trailer keeps going?
Old     (DavidAnalog)      Join Date: Sep 2013       07-24-2015, 10:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebordr11 View Post
What happens when the car brakes stop the car and the boat/trailer keeps going?
It might ding the paint.
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-24-2015, 10:51 AM Reply   
Tint is a must. Otherwise you wouldn't look cool at all