Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (chillaxin)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-15-2015, 7:11 PM Reply   
https://instagram.com/p/5LRozbqr-7/
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-15-2015, 8:00 PM Reply   
I don't understand
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       07-15-2015, 8:41 PM Reply   
Is this about the guy in the beginning? The sweat glistening off his chest?
Old     (onetogofast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-16-2015, 7:21 AM Reply   
He must be one bad dude to ride in the wash after a transfer...
Old     (dingleberry)      Join Date: Apr 2009       07-16-2015, 8:56 AM Reply   
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-16-2015, 9:08 AM Reply   
Oh, so you can switch sides with the Malibu surfband I mean tige surfband now pretty cool though
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-16-2015, 9:51 AM Reply   
I imagine Tige might use their remote they released last year, that makes more sense.
Old     (spikeTX42)      Join Date: Dec 2014       07-16-2015, 9:52 AM Reply   
Yeah the remote that you can hold in one hand versus having to use both hands.
Old     (all2matt)      Join Date: Apr 2015       07-16-2015, 10:02 AM Reply   
the malibu band looks nicer and looks like it would be less likely to break or fall off but like spike said 1 hand use vs 2 hand use makes tige's seem more functional for the rider.
Old     (onetogofast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-16-2015, 12:16 PM Reply   
Makes more sense seeing the whole video now. I want to see what moving parts make it transfer!!!
Old     (scuba_steve)      Join Date: Oct 2013       07-16-2015, 1:20 PM Reply   
Some more information on this thread on TigeOwners along with this post from Wake9.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...Side-switching

Quote:
I am in San Angelo and that Z3 is here. It makes a really good wake and switches side to side, boat is weighted level. We have had very little time but it definitely seems to be as good or better than any side to side switching system I have seen. I definitely think the convex hull is going to give tige an advantage with this.

The wake is good, and better than I thought a Z3 would do weighted level, and super fun. Is it as good as the AVX wake? The short answer is no. If you think that side to side transitions is the future of surfing, then maybe there is a different answer. ;-)

The AVX is NOT going away, TAPS 3 is an option, but you either do the AVX or TAPS3 as far as options go.

The AVX is always going to make the best wake with whatever conditions, because you are basically adjusting the hull for the conditions. For instance, we are in San Angelo for Wake the Desert and for the first time ever, we are going to use one boat to tow the entire event. This course is 10 feet deep and difficult to make a contest wake with. The AVX just adjusts and compensates, it continually blows me away.

If you want to surf conveniently with a great wake and you are not looking for that extra adjustability and competition level wake the AVX can give you, then the TAPS3 is the option for you, and its simple and effective. I can't wait to get more time on it and have some fun.

If you want every bit of bad a$$ wakesurf wake that the Z3 or any boat can produce, and you want the best in any conditions with any rider adjusted on the fly, then you want the AVX.

As for me and my house, we will choose the AVX as what we own. We are nuts/addicted to wakesurfing and I have not found its equal.

Spend any time with me on my boat in real life and you will find that I really do love the AVX that much. I want to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant, if you know what I mean. ;-)

Anyway, if side to side is what you want, you now will have that option! The wake seems to be as good or better than any other side to side system with comparable weight. We will have to spend some more time in deeper water for full review of it. But that is my initial take, it works well.

I'm looking forward to some more source material rolling out and some better information on the design and real world reviews.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-16-2015, 2:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by onetogofast View Post
He must be one bad dude to ride in the wash after a transfer...
Pro Ocean surfer's make it look easy, don't they?
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-16-2015, 5:56 PM Reply   
without looking at the link i'm almost 99% sure that quote is from "ragboy" or tige9.com- the wave looks nice though, curious how this system works. seems like they're all pretty much the same at this point though. Lots of weight and something to divert flow, i expect nautique will be the same..... The real "gamechanger" will be something new top to bottom at this point.

Last edited by bass10after; 07-16-2015 at 6:00 PM.
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-16-2015, 5:58 PM Reply   
Haha I'll second that. The as for me and my house comment sealed it, pretty cool how we can do that from the way people talk even in written form
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       07-16-2015, 7:36 PM Reply   
I think it's sick, I totally want one. Wish I had the coin
Old     (scuba_steve)      Join Date: Oct 2013       07-17-2015, 10:13 AM Reply   
Pictures got leaked and it looks like someone around Lake of The Ozarks area has the first 2016 Z3 with Taps3 so hopefully we will see some real world video and reviews!

Found this on The Malibu Crew.

Old     (scuba_steve)      Join Date: Oct 2013       07-17-2015, 10:21 AM Reply   
From Performance Marine Watersports Instagram.

Old     (NoProblem)      Join Date: Jan 2012       07-17-2015, 11:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10after View Post
without looking at the link i'm almost 99% sure that quote is from "ragboy" or tige9.com- the wave looks nice though, curious how this system works. seems like they're all pretty much the same at this point though. Lots of weight and something to divert flow, i expect nautique will be the same..... The real "gamechanger" will be something new top to bottom at this point.
You can be 100% sure.

If Nautique is unveiling what I'm hoping they will (although given the time frame they've had to work on it, kinda unlikely though not impossible), it will truly be a game changer and all the current surf systems will become antiquated. If it's just quick side to side switching, it'll just be a temporary bandaid like Taps 3, surfgate, ect, ect. The funny part of this whole thing is the giant waste of time and resources of rider remotes. I understand why they work for the current crop of systems. I don't understand how everyone is speeding down the same dead end street. The last thing I want to do while riding is drive the boat. Why not add throttle and steering to it too? Then I can do it all myself and I won't need to take anyone with me to the lake. I can strap on my wrist tablet and surf the internet while I surf my boat.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-17-2015, 12:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
Pictures got leaked and it looks like someone around Lake of The Ozarks area has the first 2016 Z3 with Taps3 so hopefully we will see some real world video and reviews!

Found this on The Malibu Crew.

That's Nick that works for WWS here in Denver's truck and that is a customer's Z1 that he is towing home. Pretty funny, that pic had to of been taken this morning. I have a similar angle but it was from the owner of the truck.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-17-2015, 12:19 PM Reply   
Disregard, he posted that pic himself on FB this morning.