Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-20-2015, 10:13 AM Reply   
Any ideas on folding the tower down (forward) by your self on a 2006 SAN TE. This tower is a beast by yourself and when you are only 5'7" it's pretty hard to handle the tower folding forward alone. Trying to figure out a way (or engineer) to do this by myself when I'm done on the water for the day and get it back into the garage without asking neighbors, etc..
I just purchased this and never had a problem with my Mastercraft X2 and Malibu VLX for tower fold down.

This may be an option down the road, but I've even thought how much it would be to get a newer tower put on this. Not sure if this is a titan tower, but love this look!

below is not my boat, just showing the tower I wish I had versus the bulky heavy one I have now.
Attached Images

Last edited by hawaiianstiln; 07-20-2015 at 10:14 AM. Reason: na
Old     (SV211)      Join Date: Jul 2015       07-20-2015, 1:39 PM Reply   
That is a Titan FCT 2 tower. I have that exact one on my 211. Easy to fold even with 4 Wet Sounds speakers hanging off of them.
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-20-2015, 7:05 PM Reply   
yes, that pic is a FCT 2 Tower, but I have an 06 SAN TE and has the older tower that folds forward. I think it's an FCT 1. anyone ever upgraded to an FCT 2? I'm not finding much info of anyone doing this.

Wouldn't mind switching towers if I could as an upgrade.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-20-2015, 8:11 PM Reply   
That pic is definitely not a pic of the correct 2006 tower

I have that tower pictured (FCT 2/ Titan Stainless Upgraded Option ). and it is a piece of cake to fold solo with 4 speakers and 4 racks. With the upgrade if you need to fold it regularly.

Last edited by xstarrider; 07-20-2015 at 8:14 PM.
Old     (230Nick)      Join Date: Mar 2014       07-21-2015, 9:24 AM Reply   
apparantly no one reads posts... or at least all of it :facepalm: but i have the same tower as your mentioning and it irritates me to no end ... you might want to check out planetnautique.com there are a few guys that have devised a solution if im not mistaken.

I on the other hand just leave it to a two man operation to flip the tower down... really considering putting the newer two point tower on my boat but that 3k price tag to buy new keeps pushing me away from the idea.
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-24-2015, 10:55 AM Reply   
some other ideas, including one from me.

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=801323