Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Lemonade)      Join Date: May 2015       07-07-2015, 6:14 PM Reply   
Any advice what to look for? Under 150 hours. Not the boat i want, but the boat I can afford. Any help is appreciated. I want a surfable good family boat. Also a 2008 Cent Elite vC4 available. Thanks guys
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-08-2015, 12:16 AM Reply   
V210 is an awesome boat but probably not the best choice as a family surf boat. Too low profile to surf safely unless you Very experienced with the boat. Even then it can be a handful. Performance is exceptional tho, you won't believe what you can produce with such a low pro boat
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-08-2015, 8:27 AM Reply   
if surf is a priority, that Centurion may be a better fit.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-08-2015, 9:13 AM Reply   
Agree with Darren. As a 9-year V210 owner, I can't say enough good things about the performance of the boat. But while we do surf with it from time to time, the boat is best for wakeboarding and waterskiing. Surfing with it while weighed & listed takes some careful driving.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-08-2015, 10:35 AM Reply   
As a family surf boat the Sanger V210 is far from the optimal choice. As a wakeboat. Hands down a top notch performer. I would go Centurion all the way in this. The Elite C4 us a much much much better fit.

The Sanger has a very low freeboard. Sits very low to the water. Getting it loaded up and leaning like crazy for surfing and having a young family in the boat will not be good fit. As mentioned you really have to be an experienced driver or things can go wrong fast.

The Centurion has twice the cockpit room, more storage, and much higher gunwales ( which the wife and kids will appreciate) as will you. Both are of same quality , fit and finish . So it's a no brainier here for strictly surf.
Old     (Lemonade)      Join Date: May 2015       07-08-2015, 7:07 PM Reply   
Lake test friday i hope. Thanks. Will get him to set it up for surfing and have the wife drive to see how she feels. Its a beautiful boat so im hopeful
Old     (Lemonade)      Join Date: May 2015       07-10-2015, 11:30 PM Reply   
Well, took a ride today with the family. Got him to a price i can live with and put a deposit down. Gonna see about financing monday (earlier if they're open), boats in decent shape had a chance to try both surf waves (Im goofy). This will probably be a stop gap boat until my boys get a bit bigger as we will be pulling a tube frequently until the oldest's confidence is up to surfing. Comes with 2 250 sacks and a pump. Will add a bimini and a 750 for the surf side. Will want to redo the platform padding. Overall I'm happy as no more agonizing. Hope ive chosen well.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-11-2015, 7:04 AM Reply   
Congrats. Welcome to Sanger Nation.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-11-2015, 9:08 AM Reply   
Make sure you get a bag for the locker in the floor, the boat really likes weight in the front. I would put 700 pounds in the front before putting anything in the back. Do a search here, there are lots of threads about weighting it for both wake and surf.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-13-2015, 11:27 AM Reply   
Welcome to the family! !! Need pics of boat and smiles
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-14-2015, 12:46 AM Reply   
Like Nacho said. Pics pronto
Old     (Lemonade)      Join Date: May 2015       07-14-2015, 2:51 AM Reply   
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 572
Size:  65.1 KB
Old     (Lemonade)      Join Date: May 2015       07-14-2015, 2:55 AM Reply   
Bah!?? Why its upside down? Anyway 168 hours, im third owner (not sure how much i like that...) boat handles awesome is in great shape. Front bow footwell light is out and rear 12V plug dosent work. All the smart tow stuff seems to work will spend a couple hours tomorrow night sorting it out. Any skim board suggestions (reasonably priced) and id like to get a wakeskate as well. Has two FH 250,s and a pump, will see about plumbing in rear ballast and upping to 750's so i can play with the 250's elsewhere in the boat. My kids are just starting to get comfortable on the tube behind so no rush to slam this thing yet. Ill see if i can fix that picture.
Old     (Lemonade)      Join Date: May 2015       07-14-2015, 2:57 AM Reply   
Oh, and im looking for bimini suggestions. Would like over tower as im over 6 feet and a coulle of our crew top 6'4 and 6'6. Suggestions, opinions, advice and criticism wanted.
Old     (Lemonade)      Join Date: May 2015       07-14-2015, 3:03 AM Reply   
Better?
Attached Images