Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-16-2013, 10:35 PM Reply   
hey it sounds petty, but is there a way to just fix the heater vent hoses? I was just going to replace them all because the vent tubing is very reasonable, but it turns out most of my tubing running to the hot tubes is fine. But there is a hole in the vinyl tubing coming from the hot tubes. The hot tubes are bout $50, whereas just the tubing is bout $1/ft. But the whole hot tube assembly looks like one piece. I don't see where the tubing just separates from the hot tube itself. any help would be appreciated.

I am having the core fixed, there is a small leak. I figured since it was out I'd replace all the tubing, but its actually in good condition for the most part. I may replace the tubing anyhow because it is not too expensive, but I'd rather not have to replace the entire hot tube if possible.

thanks
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-16-2013, 10:38 PM Reply   
and anywhere to find the 3" vent hosing locally in black?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-17-2013, 6:25 AM Reply   
if you have a west marine, they have the tubing.

If you take the hot tube apart, you are going to find that the vent hose is one continuous piece. Some of it shrinks down inside of the hot tube, and some of it extends out the back and goes to your heater core. So if you open it up you can replace all of the tubing. Unfortunately, if memory serves, west marine is VERY proud of their heater duct tube, and you'll spend as much there replacing the whole hose as you would buying a new hot tube from skidim.com.

The redneck fix is of course duct tape, which, after all, was originally made to, you guessed it, tape ducts. Duct tape will work fine to repair random holes in the heater hose.
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-17-2013, 7:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
The redneck fix is of course duct tape, which, after all, was originally made to, you guessed it, tape ducts. Duct tape will work fine to repair random holes in the heater hose.
I heard that duck tape fixes just about anything, EXCEPT ducks. Turns out they squirm around too much...
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-23-2013, 5:07 PM Reply   
Also, anybody every change the location of the euro heater at driver seat base? Mine comes through the false wall where my sub sits. But I am building a new box for a new sub which requires more airspace so I am going to need to relocate the heater that comes out at the feet. Or I guess I could just build a cavity into the sub box?? but then I lose that air space too...
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-23-2013, 5:40 PM Reply   
also anybody do magnet facing out in plexi enclosure? pics? I don't like my sub being right at the feet, so was thinking maybe facing it the other way under the dash. Don't have enough room to put it sideways like most plexi enclosures I've seen, but maybe having the magnet face the driver with a plexi face...
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-24-2013, 12:44 AM Reply   
You can put the Euro vent just about anywhere. It's easiest if the hose reaches without having to replace it but a few options are on top ot the dash to defrost, on the side panel under the throttle, into the walkway to the bow. Basically anywhere. Can't help you with the Sub enclosure but packing tape is an easy fix for a small tear in the tube, or cut the tube shorter if it's near the end. I installed two heaters in my boat myself. It's not that hard to move stuff.
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-24-2013, 4:07 AM Reply   
When I put a 4 port heater in my old I/o I wanted to run them around the front of the bow to the passenger rear for pull out ports. The tubing they provided was enough, but I lost all heat by the time the run was finished. I went to walmart and found this http://www.walmart.com/ip/Camco-20-H...-Hose/14504318
It fits perfect onto the vent, is thicker so it doesnt puncture as easily and holds the heat better. Yeah... its sewer hose, but its less flimsy and prone to punctures. Hope that helps you out. They also had black in store I believe.
Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       05-24-2013, 8:44 AM Reply   
that is exactly what i used, and it is heavier material.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-24-2013, 8:54 AM Reply   
I bought one of those sewer hoses from walmart and for the life of me could not figure out how to get it over the flange on the heater core. It wasn't nearly pliable enough. Any tips there?
Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       05-24-2013, 5:26 PM Reply   
i just did my install two nights ago and needed to extend one of the tubes so i bought the sewer hose and a $2 couple from walmart. it was a pain to stretch it over the heater core but i eventually got it. i put some heat to it with a blow dryer and just kept working at it. it is much heavier material.