Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (riding23)      Join Date: May 2009       02-19-2012, 2:48 PM Reply   
Currently I have the following on a 2004 Moomba XLV:
6- 6.5" Focal Interior boat speakers
6- 6.5" tower speakers in custom fiberglass enclosure
3- 10" JL subs in custom water tight ported boxes
2- Alpine MRV-F450 Amps- one running tower speakers, one running interior boat speakers
1- JL Audio 1000/1 Amp- Running 2 of the 10" Subs
1- JL Audio 500/1 Amp- Running 1 of the 10" Subs
4 Battery bank system with one backup*** all 5 will be replaced this summer*** unfortunately!

Now for the fun (expensive) part, I would like to do a complete upgrade to wetsounds. I have been pondering the idea of removing the tower speakers and replacing them with 2 Rev 10's and one Pro 485- Maybe 2? Would love to hear thoughts/opinions on this Idea?

My other questions is, i'm guessing that those amps are not going to be enough to run the tower speakers, I have no problem using the sub amps if they will do the job and removing 1 or 2 of the 10" subs. If not what is your recomendation on best amp to run this? Please let me know your thoughts/opinions on this all?? I really appreciate it!

included a few photos incase they will help???

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       02-19-2012, 3:50 PM Reply   
Zach,
Certainly the Focal speakers have to sound fantastic in the boat coaming. As great of a speaker as they are its just not the best application for the tower. I'm sure you have discovered that already.
You won't do much better than the Wetsounds REV series on the tower.
Bridging the Alpine MRV-F450 into 2 X 120 on the highpass channels isn't going to get you close to the potential of what a pair of REV10s can do....but it could work on a very temporary basis.
If going with the REV10s on the outside I certainly would wait for the REV410 in the middle versus running a Pro485 since the wait on the REV410 should be no more than 60 days (which is purely a guess). I just believe in running symmetrical (all 10s) tower speakers whenever possible.
One option for the tower would be two JL Audio fullrange Class D HD750/1s. You would run one to the outside REV10s and run the other to the inside, either to the single REV410 or another pair of REV10s. Because the HD750/1 is strictly regulated it has a very robust power supply enabling it to deliver its rated 14.4 volt output power even with a supply that is down to 11 volts. It has another byproduct in that it delivers the identical power into either 2 or 4-ohms which means that with a 3-Some of sorts you would have equal power to all four 10s regardless of which way you go on the center set-up.
Another option is a bridged Wetsounds Syn4 to the outside REV10s and a bridged SYN2 on the center REV410.
There are a couple of different things you can do with the 3-Some to focus more on projection or focus more on dispersion.
I might also consider changing the diode-based isolator out for a voltage sensing solenoid combiner/separator. The diode-based isolater automatically has an insertion loss and a bit of a voltage drop...which is why it has a heatsink. A 0.7 volt drop is considered half power on a battery and diodes can approach half that level of loss.

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (riding23)      Join Date: May 2009       02-21-2012, 9:01 AM Reply   
David,

I would like to purchase the pair of Rev 10's and will most likely wait until the REV410 comes out to throw that in the middle and just keep my interior speakers and subs how they are. Could you email me prices for the
Rev 10's and the different amps including shipping. I appreciate all your help, I know you dont have a price on the REV410 yet, but any guesses on what it will be coming out at?
You can shoot me an email at Zach@ZSullivanLLC.com

Thanks again!
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       02-21-2012, 11:04 AM Reply   
Zach,
Sent you an email.
And nothing concrete on the REV410s yet other than we can't wait.

David
Earmark Marine