Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-24-2017, 8:51 PM Reply   
I don't see why finding someone attractive because of the way they look is racist. If you have a"type" and it is personified by a person of a race different from you i don't see that as pejorative. Likening it to being delirious with malaria is pretty much spot on, plenty of guys do dumb stuff when the little head takes over thinking duties.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-24-2017, 8:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
It's not a racist term, re-re. It was a term made popular by Spike Lee that describes cross race attraction. Are you really that stupid?
Also Stevie Wonder and plenty of blues dudes
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-24-2017, 11:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
OK, quick poll: who thinks that pointing out Jungle fever in this situation is a bit racist? You're going out of your way to put a label on inter-racial attraction as a joke.

Everyone but me and markj: what do you think?
Good luck with your PC poll. You are clearly part of the problem in this country and a huge reason why we will all be saying, "President Trump" for at least the next four years. So many people like me got so fed up with people like you and turned out the vote just to eradicate our stupid PC culture that has suffocated us all. Trump was born with his foot in his mouth, but he just NAILS the PC people to the wall all the time. I love it.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-24-2017, 11:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Yes it's racist, but I honestly think Mark doesn't understand and it was not his intention. He seems to be pretty ignorant of the genesis and history of the term.
Oh really? Gee, thanks for the vote of confidence of my ignorance. Please enlighten us, oh master of the English language and all of it's figures of speech. When did you author the Urban Dictionary? Does the word context mean anything to you? Why do libtards throw the racist label out so Willy nilly without ever thinking critically?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-24-2017, 11:24 PM Reply   
The term itself is racist. I don't believe Mark intended to come off as such.

That said, he seems to be forgetting the margin of victory here was less than 80,000 votes. But then again he's probably down with alternative facts.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-24-2017, 11:25 PM Reply   
I'm sure if you actually gave a rat's ass you could look into the origin and history of the term.

Also, like Trump you're a real class act.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-25-2017, 8:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Yes it's racist, but I honestly think Mark doesn't understand and it was not his intention. He seems to be pretty ignorant of the genesis and history of the term.
I agree that Markj doesn't think its racist but it is and he's my pick for the biggest $#^%&( on this thread.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            01-25-2017, 8:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Good luck with your PC poll. You are clearly part of the problem in this country and a huge reason why we will all be saying, "President Trump" for at least the next four years. So many people like me got so fed up with people like you and turned out the vote just to eradicate our stupid PC culture that has suffocated us all. Trump was born with his foot in his mouth, but he just NAILS the PC people to the wall all the time. I love it.
No. Trump was born with a silverspoon in his ass and somehow has become the champion for people who don't have that luxury. It is rather interesting.

Last edited by TheWakeIsReal; 01-25-2017 at 8:40 AM. Reason: .
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-25-2017, 9:35 AM Reply   
So before this thread TOTALLY dives into the swamp, I for one would really like to hear a first person account from David about the inauguration itself.

How was it? What surprised you? Disappointments? C'mon man, give us the deets!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-25-2017, 9:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
I agree that Markj doesn't think its racist but it is and he's my pick for the biggest $#^%&( on this thread.
Awesome. Love it. Keep trollin.
Old     (all2matt)      Join Date: Apr 2015       01-25-2017, 10:04 AM Reply   
I heard somewhere ( maybe bill Maher ) that Trumps cabinet picks have more accumulated wealth than the bottom 3rd of the whole US population.

So the question I have for trump supporters is: do you feel trump is the best pick to help the poor and middle class and has most of YOUR best interests in mind?
or did you just vote for him to piss off Washington in hopes it make a change for the better knowing/thinking he may not do a very good job but a 4yr sacrifice is worth it for the 50 yr reset that will follow the 2020 elections?

The reason I ask is really wonder on the trump supporters how voted for him and how many voted against the establishment?

Last edited by all2matt; 01-25-2017 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-25-2017, 10:46 AM Reply   
I don't think anyone's been called racist by the Libra-retard snowflakes more than me. So i'm going with not racist.
With that said you could (if you looked deep and hard and wanted to find racism) in "that term" sure 100% you can. But this is a tactic of the left. Whenever they lose they can't except a loss. They have to find a victim or a reason that they lost. And in this case they lost because you made what they deem a racist statement.

Wes there is a cure for your disease it's called common sense
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-25-2017, 11:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Amen Brother! LOL LOL
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-25-2017, 12:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by all2matt View Post
I heard somewhere ( maybe bill Maher ) that Trumps cabinet picks have more accumulated wealth than the bottom 3rd of the whole US population.

So the question I have for trump supporters is: do you feel trump is the best pick to help the poor and middle class and has most of YOUR best interests in mind?
or did you just vote for him to piss off Washington in hopes it make a change for the better knowing/thinking he may not do a very good job but a 4yr sacrifice is worth it for the 50 yr reset that will follow the 2020 elections?

The reason I ask is really wonder on the trump supporters how voted for him and how many voted against the establishment?

Well Dow Jones breaks 20,000. So there's that. Seems like his pro growth policies are stimulating the economy already. At least investors speculate a Trump white house will pay off. So do they have our best interest? I think the hallmark of his campaign was America first. I live in America. So yes. America has to compete in a GLOBAL economy. Let me reiterate COMPETE. Take the automobile industry, lowering taxes, loosening up regulations. When Trump has these CEO's of publicly traded companies over to meet, its not to say "hey ceo you make too much me and Bernie don't like it." They are negotiating what it will take to build here. In this world, country's have to compete for business too. For a while all we have done is over regulate ourselves out of business.

TBH, only time will tell. But if you're like me, you should like what you see. Unless you are still hung up on gender neutral pronouns.

Let me acknowledge a few other things. YES Trump has personality flaws, yes his campaign brought some of the worst racist people from the right out from under the woodpile and yes this seems crazy.

But even with all this damn he just might be crazy enough to work.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-25-2017, 12:55 PM Reply   
More hilarity.
https://youtu.be/gneBUA39mnI
If i don't get vaporized in a mushroom cloud I'm really going to enjoy the next 4 years
Old    deltahoosier            01-25-2017, 1:28 PM Reply   
Quote:

First problem.....Bill Maher.

If you actually look at the voting trends, all the "poor" fly over areas have been turning more and more Republican every election cycle for some time. Over 30 of the states are now ran by Republican Governors and Legislature. People see the elitist one world policies of the rich coastal areas and are rejecting them. The things Trump has said have been pretty clear to the folks in middle America for some time.

Let me ask you this, has the democrat policies helped the poor? Are black people better today in the large democrat cites today?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-25-2017, 3:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo8290 View Post
Well Dow Jones breaks 20,000. So there's that. Seems like his pro growth policies are stimulating the economy already. At least investors speculate a Trump white house will pay off. So do they have our best interest? I think the hallmark of his campaign was America first. I live in America. So yes. America has to compete in a GLOBAL economy. Let me reiterate COMPETE. Take the automobile industry, lowering taxes, loosening up regulations. When Trump has these CEO's of publicly traded companies over to meet, its not to say "hey ceo you make too much me and Bernie don't like it." They are negotiating what it will take to build here. In this world, country's have to compete for business too. For a while all we have done is over regulate ourselves out of business.

TBH, only time will tell. But if you're like me, you should like what you see. Unless you are still hung up on gender neutral pronouns.

Let me acknowledge a few other things. YES Trump has personality flaws, yes his campaign brought some of the worst racist people from the right out from under the woodpile and yes this seems crazy.

But even with all this damn he just might be crazy enough to work.
Well now. That's pretty much sums it all up.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-25-2017, 3:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post

If you actually look at the voting trends, all the "poor" fly over areas have been turning more and more Republican every election cycle for some time. Over 30 of the states are now ran by Republican Governors and Legislature. People see the elitist one world policies of the rich coastal areas and are rejecting them. The things Trump has said have been pretty clear to the folks in middle America for some time.

Let me ask you this, has the democrat policies helped the poor? Are black people better today in the large democrat cites today?
Nice to see you back hitting homers again.
Old     (all2matt)      Join Date: Apr 2015       01-25-2017, 4:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post

Well I'm from those flyover states, born and raised Iowa but have lived in North Dakota for last 8 yrs, and having gone from the middle of the road state like eastern iowa to far right North Dakota I just don't see great thing from republican policies. Its seems as if they have to fit the NRA/Christian mindset just to generate any sort of support. As for black and poor people from the big cities I can't speak on those issues as I haven't lived in any big city and haven't done enough research to form a viable fact based opinion. I just don't like to voice opinions on issues unless I've done the research to give MY opinion and not something someone told me say.

Now if trump is the reset for D.C. Then great as long as he doesn't destroy more than he can repair, ohh and learns how to shut the hell up, quit digging holes. Obviously DC has a disconnect with the needs of the majority of americas needs and wants. It seems both sides are just trying to satisfy the extreme 10% and ignoring the middle.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-25-2017, 5:58 PM Reply   
crazy crazy

the democratic party is soooooo out of touch as to why they lost

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/2cf112a...e-vows-to.html

"destroy more than he can repair"....that was the fear about Oblummer too. Obamacare will prove to be very difficult to back out of. They should have never passed that trash

Last edited by ord27; 01-25-2017 at 6:01 PM.
Old    deltahoosier            01-25-2017, 6:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Well I'm from those flyover states, born and raised Iowa but have lived in North Dakota for last 8 yrs, and having gone from the middle of the road state like eastern iowa to far right North Dakota I just don't see great thing from republican policies. Its seems as if they have to fit the NRA/Christian mindset just to generate any sort of support. As for black and poor people from the big cities I can't speak on those issues as I haven't lived in any big city and haven't done enough research to form a viable fact based opinion. I just don't like to voice opinions on issues unless I've done the research to give MY opinion and not something someone told me say.

Now if trump is the reset for D.C. Then great as long as he doesn't destroy more than he can repair, ohh and learns how to shut the hell up, quit digging holes. Obviously DC has a disconnect with the needs of the majority of americas needs and wants. It seems both sides are just trying to satisfy the extreme 10% and ignoring the middle.
Born and raised in Southern Indiana and lived in the San Francisco Bay area for over 20 years. California is the most racist place I have ever been. Everything is based on race in this place and the people in the democrat cities murder each other by the 100's each year. They live in the richest place on earth and still can't get ahead and won't try. Regulation and taxes have driven prices sky high and personnel freedoms are getting more and more limited (unless you can afford to pay to play)
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-26-2017, 11:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
"destroy more than he can repair"....that was the fear about Oblummer too. Obamacare will prove to be very difficult to back out of. They should have never passed that trash
The intent wasn't to "back out". It's to move forward. They passed that trash because it was better than the sewage we had previously. So we've advanced from the sewer to the trash. And now is the time to clean up and get out of the trash.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-29-2017, 2:20 PM Reply   
Quote:

I live in a GOP-stronghold, good ole Tennessee. At the bottom of the US in education, average pay, and residents with a college degree; at the top of the US when it comes to unemployment, sales tax rate, and residents that receive government aid. As long as the candidate says he hates Muslims, hates gays, and hates abortion, they get elected.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-29-2017, 6:25 PM Reply   
that was heavy