Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       01-17-2018, 4:08 PM Reply   
Can we all just agree that the US and Mexico share a border and not a boarder? I know it's a wakeboard site....
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-17-2018, 7:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyinboards View Post
Can we all just agree that the US and Mexico share a border and not a boarder? I know it's a wakeboard site....
You got me!
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-18-2018, 5:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeslash View Post
You and the rest of the libtards are the problem with America you dont want it to be better you just sit there and criticize every single thing that ever happens here.
Oh, you mean act how Republicans did the entire Obama presidency?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-18-2018, 7:38 AM Reply   
You realize if your God (Obozo) did his job we would not be dealing with DACA, Iran, N Korea, OBAMA care! I’m sure we could
Keep Going but what’s he point. The idea is to fix things and move on NOT stomp your feet and complain your horse lost.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-18-2018, 8:05 AM Reply   
I mean what did the US expect, when you elect a “community organizer” as a president can you really expect he is gonna get things done? to his credit he’d did come up with a fancy word for Doing Nothing “[IDiffered action[/I]

Example:
Your Goverment employer says to you. What did you do today? You say “I worked on some deferred action senarios”
She looks at you and says “Yes we can” you look back at her & raise your clinched fist and say “Change” she smiles at you and says “Hope” together you echo each words and you both say together at the same time “They go low and We go high” you hug your boss in celebration & realize at that very moment , She is really a He! (Diversity Hire) You run to the bathroom, but all the signage in your goverment building has been changed you don’t even know what Bathroom to use? Oooo the
Obama years! Yes we so miss them.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-18-2018, 8:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo8290 View Post
I read somewhere that The Boarder Solar Panel will produce around $106 million worth of electricity per year. So it may take many decades but eventually the wall will pay for itself! Go Green ENERGY!!!!
The wall is quoted as needing $150 million a year to maintain and that is the version that doesn't have solar panels. How much you figure the solar panels will need in terms of maintenance? We will still be bleeding cash every year.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-18-2018, 8:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
You realize if your God (Obozo) did his job we would not be dealing with DACA, Iran, N Korea, OBAMA care! I’m sure we could
Keep Going but what’s he point. The idea is to fix things and move on NOT stomp your feet and complain your horse lost.
DACA was created by Obama and was working fine until Trump rescinded it.

Do you really want to deport a bunch of people that were raised in the US and are gainfully employed and paying taxes to a country they haven't been to since they were 2 years old?

Iran and N. Korea have been issue for at least the last 40 years.
Do you honestly think that Iran and N. Korea will no longer be a problem when Trump finishes his presidency? What is the easy fix for N. Korea? All I've seen from Drumph is some foot stomping and claims of having a bigger pecker.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-18-2018, 9:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
Using humans as bargaining chips is what you'd expect from slave traders and Trump.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-18-2018, 9:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
The wall is quoted as needing $150 million a year to maintain and that is the version that doesn't have solar panels. How much you figure the solar panels will need in terms of maintenance? We will still be bleeding cash every year.

Yeah I did a quick google search and the 150 million was the first thing that popped up.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-18-2018, 9:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post

Sweeping generalization much?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-18-2018, 10:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Plhorn: Who was it working for “FINE” for? The thousands of illegals and the parents of the illegals that were dumped at the border.

Part of DACA was that kids were grated citizenship were then allowed to bring their parents over,

For every 1 person that is naturalized data shows they bring 7 with them. (Chain migration)

Did you happpen to see the data that showed that granting Amnesty to Illegals (Regan) created a Run for the border. And I’m not talking about Taco Bell.

Please address why Tax payers should foot the bill for the 100-150 BILLION each and every year for Illegals.

Please address EXACTLEY why it’s ok to come to the us against our current immigration laws.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-18-2018, 10:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
For every 1 person that is naturalized data shows they bring 7 with them. (Chain migration)
Can someone explain the actual downsides of "chain migration"? Are immigrants really less successful in their new country when they don't have a support system of family? Hasn't the USofA been populated by chain migration since inception?

Honest Q. I've heard the invective "chain migration" spit out from conservative outlets in the same way that Mark Levin would say "Nancy Pelosi" or G would say "libratard," but I don't really get the hatred for the policy.

(not an immigration expert so I'm open to being convinced)
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       01-18-2018, 10:38 AM Reply   
[QUOTE=grant_west;1973594
Your Goverment employer says to you. What did you do today? You say “I worked on some deferred action senarios”
She looks at you and says “Yes we can” you look back at her & raise your clinched fist and say “Change” she smiles at you and says “Hope” together you echo each words and you both say together at the same time “They go low and We go high” you hug your boss in celebration & realize at that very moment , She is really a He! (Diversity Hire) You run to the bathroom, but all the signage in your goverment building has been changed you don’t even know what Bathroom to use? Oooo the
Obama years! Yes we so miss them.[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA spot on of the obozo presidency this is the honest truth right here. This is pure gold.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-18-2018, 10:43 AM Reply   
Nothing wrong with Chain Migration. But it HAS to start the legal way. You should NOT be able to sneak into this country ILLEGALY and then be Granted Amnesty and then citizenship,(mistakes from the past) And then bring your entire family. It seems kind of stupid that we have to be having this conversation. After all you Libs say us trump supporters are the knuckle draggers, mouth breathers and Neanderthals. Why are we explaining the difference between legal migration and illegal migration?

Please explain why DACA people and others that have illegal entered the US should be able to Cut infront of people that have been trying to get legal citizenship for years.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       01-18-2018, 10:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
BS straight up BS and even you know that we were not protesting smashing cars burning stuff all month after Trump got elected (ie not acting like wild animals) plus almost all of the isis trash got wiped out which means Trump has already done more then obozo in 8 years and you fools still talking about how to impeach him stfu.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-18-2018, 2:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Nothing wrong with Chain Migration. But it HAS to start the legal way. You should NOT be able to sneak into this country ILLEGALY and then be Granted Amnesty and then citizenship,(mistakes from the past) And then bring your entire family. It seems kind of stupid that we have to be having this conversation. After all you Libs say us trump supporters are the knuckle draggers, mouth breathers and Neanderthals. Why are we explaining the difference between legal migration and illegal migration?

Please explain why DACA people and others that have illegal entered the US should be able to Cut infront of people that have been trying to get legal citizenship for years.
Isn't this the anchor baby argument? I thought chain migration was different (and didn't involve illegal immigration at any point in the chain).
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-18-2018, 3:37 PM Reply   
Part of offering amnesty to DAva children includes offering citizenship to the parents.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-18-2018, 4:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Part of offering amnesty to DAva children includes offering citizenship to the parents.
OK so say we set dream act aside. Are you OK with or opposed to chain migration conceptually (i.e. guy who legally immigrates then legally sponsors his wife/kid/parents, who in turn legally sponsor their brothers and sisters, etc)?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-18-2018, 4:44 PM Reply   
My understanding of “chain Migration was that people who become Nautralized, brought Friends, Family, ect. Now weather they become Naturalized or live under the umbrella of a Naturalized person as a Illegal that’s a diffrent story. The news artical I saw did not go into detail about the people “down the chain” and weather they become legal or not. The notion was when 1 comes and gets Naturalized they bring 7 other people with them. Let’s face it. You are gonna have a hard time setting up shop here in the US unless your getting help from a person that’s legal here in the US.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-18-2018, 4:47 PM Reply   
Am I opposed to people becoming Legal Citizans of the US? Well that depends? Are they from $Hit Hole country’s or Norway! LOL
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-18-2018, 6:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
My understanding of “chain Migration was that people who become Nautralized, brought Friends, Family, ect. Now weather they become Naturalized or live under the umbrella of a Naturalized person as a Illegal that’s a diffrent story. The news artical I saw did not go into detail about the people “down the chain” and weather they become legal or not. The notion was when 1 comes and gets Naturalized they bring 7 other people with them. Let’s face it. You are gonna have a hard time setting up shop here in the US unless your getting help from a person that’s legal here in the US.
If they're illegal already, they're illegal tho, right? We need a new law to end this? Why can't we enforce the laws on the books? Is this really all the president is after? I thought "ending chain migration" in favor of a "merit based system" was to change the whole paradigm of how LEGAL immigration works. Maybe I'm wrong or misinformed. Like I said, not an expert.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-18-2018, 6:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
My understanding of ... “The news artical I saw did not go into detail about....
Im betting this "news article" is brietbart in other words fiction
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       01-18-2018, 6:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Im betting this "news article" is brietbart in other words fiction
Lol you done chanting about the rope and ladder thing now?
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       01-18-2018, 6:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
The thing is people think that once they come to America all their problems are over and money grows on trees, reality check no it doesn't you have to grind like a pair of old brakes to make it here just like any other country ie go to school get a good profession or be an entrepreneur and start your own business or your gonna end up working double minimum wage jobs to make it check to check once they realize its not that special here they end up going on welfare,foodstamps and etc and i mean some people need it i get it wether its a dissablilty or some other thing preventing them from working but under obummer a lot people were just plain lazy and hopped on welfare thank goodness Trumps really changing that and there is a lot less people abusing the system.
Old     (Blamey)      Join Date: Apr 2016       01-18-2018, 7:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
under obummer a lot people were just plain lazy and hopped on welfare thank goodness Trumps really changing that and there is a lot less people abusing the system.
Do you have any details on this?

I haven't seen anything showing people suddenly being less lazy. Just an improvement in the economy and Trump reducing available benefits.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       01-18-2018, 9:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blamey View Post
Do you have any details on this?

I haven't seen anything showing people suddenly being less lazy. Just an improvement in the economy and Trump reducing available benefits.
First we have to pay millions in protecting our border from illegals then the ones that do manage to sneak over take advantage of food stamps and welfare so now we are are all sponsoring illegals and ignoring our own like the veterans and other people who were actually born here smh.

You are not contributing to the society by sneaking over the border and using welfare and food stamps here. From all the articles online Trump just becoming president scared a bunch off foodstamps and welfare which is good.

idk imo if your illegally in a country your gonna always feel like a fish out of water always looking your shoulder for ICE and whatnot plus you cant just get a nice job being illegal your gonna be working some hardly paying job undercover not much different from where you came from in the first place.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-19-2018, 7:02 AM Reply   
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ca...fyV?li=BBnb7Kz

Wow.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-19-2018, 10:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Lol you done chanting about the rope and ladder thing now?
No because the rope and ladder will still work. No-one has given a good argument why that doesn't defeat the wall. You said it will stop old people and people with babies then said they have to swim across a river to get here. Which is it?
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-19-2018, 10:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Plhorn: Who was it working for “FINE” for? The thousands of illegals and the parents of the illegals that were dumped at the border.

Part of DACA was that kids were grated citizenship were then allowed to bring their parents over,

Did you happpen to see the data that showed that granting Amnesty to Illegals (Regan) created a Run for the border. And I’m not talking about Taco Bell.

Please address why Tax payers should foot the bill for the 100-150 BILLION each and every year for Illegals.

Please address EXACTLEY why it’s ok to come to the us against our current immigration laws.

DACA has no provisions for chain migration in it. Stop reading Brietbart.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/11/u...factcheck.html

Where is your source for the 100-150 billion each year. I can't find anything other than Trump saying that and factcheck.org saying he's wrong.

No one is saying illegal immigration is OK, just that the wall is a stupid way to deal with it. If burglary is rampant in your neighborhood, putting up a fence doesn't make the problem go away.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-19-2018, 11:48 AM Reply   
Put razor wire on top of that fence and it will most definitely help.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-19-2018, 12:05 PM Reply   

$7.10 and a rope and ladder defeats the razor wire idea too.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       01-19-2018, 12:48 PM Reply   
Quote:

$7.10 and a rope and ladder defeats the razor wire idea too.
How about a guy with an sniper driving around on top with a trolley maybe they can throw the pliers at the bulletproof glass
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       01-19-2018, 12:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
No because the rope and ladder will still work. No-one has given a good argument why that doesn't defeat the wall. You said it will stop old people and people with babies then said they have to swim across a river to get here. Which is it?
Half the people won't make it across the river the rest would never make it across the wall
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-19-2018, 1:03 PM Reply   
Where is the source for all this BS
Quote:
You are not contributing to the society by sneaking over the border and using welfare and food stamps here. From all the articles online Trump just becoming president scared a bunch off foodstamps and welfare which is good.
Illegals cannot get food stamps or welfare. We do pay for free K-12 school. You are like trump, lie and hope people dont read
Quote:
Part of DACA was that kids were grated citizenship were then allowed to bring their parents over
no one from DACA has received citizenship, they are, because of trump, technically illegal when their contract runs out. People born in the USA are citizens Quit using Breitbart as a source for your knowledge...or lack there of, keep it up trump will send you a Fake News award.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-19-2018, 1:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Part of offering amnesty to DAva children includes offering citizenship to the parents
Again, fake news, no truth. There is zero amnesty for DACA participants, illegal aliens cant offer citizenship to their illegal parents.
Quote:
Source?
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/11/u...factcheck.html

Do you guys just hate Mexicans or anyone who isn't an "American" anyone non-white? If so you should just say so, that's your opinion that you are entitled to. Posting a lot of BS is lying.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-19-2018, 1:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
How about a guy with an sniper driving around on top with a trolley maybe they can throw the pliers at the bulletproof glass
Like I said earlier you need 10,000 manned trolleys. running 24/7 so that is 30,000 people manning the wall. Say they are paid 30,000/year with no benefits that is equal to $900 Million a year not counting bullets and what it costs to run the tram. Oh and shooting a sniper rifle into Mexico is an act of war and is frowned upon.

Got another stupid idea?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-19-2018, 2:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Got another stupid idea?
Unfortunately 1wisdom is limited, stupidity is endless
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       01-19-2018, 3:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Like I said earlier you need 10,000 manned trolleys. running 24/7 so that is 30,000 people manning the wall. Say they are paid 30,000/year with no benefits that is equal to $900 Million a year not counting bullets and what it costs to run the tram. Oh and shooting a sniper rifle into Mexico is an act of war and is frowned upon.

Got another stupid idea?
yeah for you to stop acting like a smartass.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       01-19-2018, 3:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Unfortunately 1wisdom is limited, stupidity is endless
Lol dude we're not the ones hiding like you and when asked a question magically disappear off the forum.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-19-2018, 4:28 PM Reply   
This thread is cancer
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       01-19-2018, 6:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
This thread is cancer
Says the guy who clicked on the thread that says "Build the wall" then went to page 3 and scrolled down your doing an awfully lot of work for something you don't like, confused is somebody holding a gun to your head and forcing you to check on WW threads everyday? If you don't like it don't go on it.
Old     (Blamey)      Join Date: Apr 2016       01-19-2018, 7:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Says the guy who clicked on the thread that says "Build the wall" then went to page 3 and scrolled down your doing an awfully lot of work for something you don't like, confused is somebody holding a gun to your head and forcing you to check on WW threads everyday? If you don't like it don't go on it.
It's like car crash, it's hard to look away.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       01-19-2018, 7:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
It's like car crash, it's hard to look away.
Haha didn't know we had such a large and quiet audience.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-19-2018, 7:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Do you guys just hate Mexicans or anyone who isn't an "American" anyone non-white? If so you should just say so, that's your opinion that you are entitled to.
. Ok as stupid as this question is, I will answer. Personally I’m for any race, color, creed, that wants to come into America #1 legally, and assimilate to American culture. Some examples of assimilation would be #2 English !!!! in the screaming voice of Sam Jackson in Pulp Fiction “ENGLISH Do you speak it” #2 Become a Tax paying citizen. That’s pretty much all I ask for.

And Again. If you live in a part of the county that is not experiencing heavy migration then you may be like “What’s the big deal guys” but if you live in a Aera that’s Having a mass flow of Non English Speaking people, some times you look around and you feel like a forigener in your own country. But what do I know?
Old     (Blamey)      Join Date: Apr 2016       01-19-2018, 7:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Haha didn't know we had such a large and quiet audience.
I think you'd be surprised.
Old     (Blamey)      Join Date: Apr 2016       01-19-2018, 7:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
. Ok as stupid as this question is, I will answer. Personally I’m for any race, color, creed, that wants to come into America #1 legally, and assimilate to American culture. Some examples of assimilation would be #2 English !!!! in the screaming voice of Sam Jackson in Pulp Fiction “ENGLISH Do you speak it” #2 Become a Tax paying citizen. That’s pretty much all I ask for.

And Again. If you live in a part of the county that is not experiencing heavy migration then you may be like “What’s the big deal guys” but if you live in a Aera that’s Having a mass flow of Non English Speaking people, some times you look around and you feel like a forigener in your own country. But what do I know?
Come on Grant. If you were totally honest with yourself, I think you'd know this wasn't true.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-19-2018, 8:12 PM Reply   
Paul nice try. I think you mistake my dislike of “ghetto” as racist.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       01-19-2018, 10:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
I think you'd be surprised.
IDK there's about 202 responses on this thread but 3300+ views is it just the same people checking on the forum who reply all the time or ghosts? or is the WW view counter wack.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-19-2018, 11:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fakeslash View Post
Lol dude we're not the ones hiding like you and when asked a question magically disappear off the forum.
What's questions are outstanding, I'll clear them up now
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-20-2018, 11:08 AM Reply   
LOL @ fakeslash
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       01-20-2018, 1:45 PM Reply   
Haha ralph has to much free time in his mom's basement.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-20-2018, 3:33 PM Reply   
Mum let me out of the basement, I'm in Ausy for the Tour down Under with thousands of other lycra clad idiots
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-22-2018, 1:10 PM Reply   
Quote:

Thanks.
I live in so cal, we got plenty of illegals. I know the difference and what a roach is. I agree with you on ghetto/ roaches, they have no place here. Speak English and pay US taxes...you just described DACA except they have even more rules and hurdles to clear. That's why I rubber stamp approval for DACA. Even with my rubber stamp, it still does not include citizenship....but my plan has a path for that too.
Old     (Blamey)      Join Date: Apr 2016       01-22-2018, 2:49 PM Reply   
What's a roach?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-22-2018, 4:08 PM Reply   
Darel : sounds like we are both on the same page as far as DACA go’s. Question Do you think amnesty leads to a rush of illegal imagration.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-22-2018, 4:11 PM Reply   
“A roach” is a highly offensive word to snowflakes. I personally use the word Roach, to describe low class individuals. Gang members, criminals, drug users. Meth heads, People that suck off the system. come on don’t play ignorant you know the roach is

Last edited by grant_west; 01-22-2018 at 4:13 PM.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-22-2018, 5:44 PM Reply   
Roach is a parasite on society. The certainly exist but there is disagreement about how many there are and how you qualify for roach status.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-22-2018, 7:00 PM Reply   
Speaking of Roaches: holly crap Stockton was “ROACH ville” today I had to reevaluate my thoughts on Oakland as Roachville USA. When you have a more stringent security system to ENTER a Bank then threw TSA you know your in Roachville USA
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-23-2018, 12:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Darel : sounds like we are both on the same page as far as DACA go’s. Question Do you think amnesty leads to a rush of illegal imagration.
No, and it can be done so that it wont happen. The way i understand it, Amnesty makes it legal for one to stay. It does not grant them Citizenship. Only a citizen can "invite" a relative to the usa.
I think the DACA solution should provide a path to citizenship..but not immediately nor automatically.
Im pretty sure ANY DACA agreement will include increased border security $$.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-23-2018, 1:03 PM Reply   
Why do you think City’s like SF are spending Millions of Tax payer money defending Illegals? Why? I can understand them not working with I.C.E but why would the city of SF employe 3 full time imagration lawyers to work specifically to help illegals thwart deportation. Just shows you how devided our government and people are.
Feds want to build a wall, States want illegals protected. Talk about mixed signals.
Old     (Blamey)      Join Date: Apr 2016       01-23-2018, 2:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
“A roach” is a highly offensive word to snowflakes. I personally use the word Roach, to describe low class individuals. Gang members, criminals, drug users. Meth heads, People that suck off the system. come on don’t play ignorant you know the roach is
Honestly didn't know. I mean I figured it was a something along those lines but I just wasn't sure if it was something more specific.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-23-2018, 2:51 PM Reply   
https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnew...aliens-to-vote

If this is true, I don't know how anybody could support the California political climate.

It also shows just why the dems need even radical opposition

crazy
Old     (Blamey)      Join Date: Apr 2016       01-23-2018, 3:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post

If this is true, I don't know how anybody could support the California political climate.

crazy
Looks like a stretch to me. You have to prove status when applying for a driver's license and it would be very unlikely that they would automatically register people who couldn't prove citizenship.

It's does open the door for mistakes and removes the burden of preventing those off the immigrant and too the DMV worker.

Looks like a standard attempt to increase voter turn out which in general would favour liberals.
Old     (magicr)      Join Date: May 2004       01-23-2018, 3:28 PM Reply   
We have the same or similar law in Oregon, Just because you're able to get a drivers license does not mean that you get to vote. You STILL have to show proof of citizenship.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-23-2018, 4:03 PM Reply   
It is not true at all.
What is true, California passed a law, when you renew or get a new drivers license, it automatically registers US citizens to vote. As mentioned above its an attempt to increase voter turnout.
In short, question your source, you now know that it is not a reliable or credible source for news. Its Fake news.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-23-2018, 4:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post

crazy
Not true

https://www.snopes.com/california-motor-voter-act/

So now ask yourself, is the new American actively trying to manipulate you? What is there motivation in being fast and loose with the truth, just looking for clicks or something more sinister?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-23-2018, 4:24 PM Reply   
^^^@Ralph, Site probably operated by Russians trying to divide the country.... they like to pick an American sounding name.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-23-2018, 5:15 PM Reply   
Ok first thing first.
Illegals can get a California Drivers Lice. That’s a FACT. This in my opinion was another “Liberal Hustle” You May ask or say what’s a “Liberal Hustle“ that’s when someone who pretends to know more then you I says to you.” If you give Illegals a Drivers licance They will all get insurance and then your insurance rates will drop”
Because if everyone is insured insurance company will not have to account for or pay for UNINSURED MOTORIST. Well this like All “Liberal wet dreams” sounds great on paper but in real life (are realy full of $hit ) has anointed rates gone down 1c HELL NO! But now Illegals Have a california Drivers Lice. And yes they are now 1 step closer to voting. This is a FACT. Illegals have by no fault of their own gotten registered to because DMV messed up. Yea I know a goverment run agency makes a mistake? Yea how strange is that LOL
Vote
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-24-2018, 6:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Sweeping generalization much?
Well, if you can name one thing of substance that Obama did that any of the Republicans got behind, I'm all ears. The GOP booed Christie for allowing his photo to be made with Obama when he was touring the hurricane damage.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-24-2018, 7:53 PM Reply   
Chris Christie, I’m glad that wind bag is gone. Can’t he take McCain and Mitch with him!
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-25-2018, 3:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Chris Christie, I’m glad that wind bag is gone. Can’t he take McCain and Mitch with him!
Yeah, evil John McCain. The guy that has done more for this country than Trump could ever dream. A man that spent years as a POW, while Trump was avoiding service because he had an ingrown toenail. You guys love soldiers/veterans; as long as their allegiance is to Trump. John McCain is an American hero, and will be remembered as so. Trump will be remembered as an unfortunate blip in this country's history.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       01-25-2018, 6:32 AM Reply   
In 2013, 54 Senate Democrats – including Chuck Schumer of New York and Dick Durbin of Illinois – voted to build a wall on our southern border, end the diversity visa lottery, double the number of border agents, and move toward a merit-based immigration system.

In 2006, then-Senators Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, and Joe Biden voted to increase the size of the border wall.

Nothing but a bunch of hypocrites. Then their sheep base get on wakeworld and cry endlessly
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       01-25-2018, 6:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Yeah, evil John McCain. The guy that has done more for this country than Trump could ever dream. A man that spent years as a POW, while Trump was avoiding service because he had an ingrown toenail. You guys love soldiers/veterans; as long as their allegiance is to Trump. John McCain is an American hero, and will be remembered as so. Trump will be remembered as an unfortunate blip in this country's history.
Bet ya he does way better in the history books than Obozo. The way you whack jobs on the left act it'll be the end of liberalism soon as everyone starts tuning you out.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-25-2018, 9:13 AM Reply   
Jeremy: You mad bro?
We understand why you like McStain he is a R.I.N.O (Republican,in,name,only)
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-25-2018, 9:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer808 View Post
In 2013, 54 Senate Democrats – including Chuck Schumer of New York and Dick Durbin of Illinois – voted to build a wall on our southern border, end the diversity visa lottery, double the number of border agents, and move toward a merit-based immigration system.

In 2006, then-Senators Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, and Joe Biden voted to increase the size of the border wall.

Nothing but a bunch of hypocrites. Then their sheep base get on wakeworld and cry endlessly
The wall in question was a reasonable investment in that it would stop or slow a significant amount of illegals without costing a fortune. It was a wise investment. Building a multi-billion dollar wall doesn't make financial sense.
No-one thinks we should have more illegals or make it easier for them, its a question of how to spend our limited resources. I'm all for putting up walls in high traffic areas just not covering the entire southern US with a wall that will cost more in maintenance then the problem it is supposed to fix. This is just a math question
Old     (Blamey)      Join Date: Apr 2016       01-25-2018, 4:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Bet ya he does way better in the history books than Obozo. The way you whack jobs on the left act it'll be the end of liberalism soon as everyone starts tuning you out.
I doubt that but let's discuss. What metrics will you measure them on? Popularity or actual achievements.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-25-2018, 4:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
If I thought you'd actually pay up, I'd bet you 5 figures.
Old     (Blamey)      Join Date: Apr 2016       01-25-2018, 5:00 PM Reply   
Define the rules of the game before you start throwing out numbers.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-25-2018, 5:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
The wall in question was a reasonable investment in that it would stop or slow a significant amount of illegals without costing a fortune. It was a wise investment. Building a multi-billion dollar wall doesn't make financial sense.
No-one thinks we should have more illegals or make it easier for them, its a question of how to spend our limited resources. I'm all for putting up walls in high traffic areas just not covering the entire southern US with a wall that will cost more in maintenance then the problem it is supposed to fix. This is just a math question
No sense in wasting your time talking to that jackass. He's one of those All-or-Nothing bozo's that believe if you don't support the wall, you are pro-open borders. I used to think he had a bit of common sense, but his IQ his hovering around Grant and Wakeslash's.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-25-2018, 5:30 PM Reply   
The history books bet, dont do it, its a rigged game. Obama would for sure win, he was the first black pres. Done. Trump will be the first sitting pres to be indicted on money laundering for the Russian mob... so he has that going for him.

Y'all hear the liar in chief yesterday "I look forward to being questioned by Mueller" "Even under oath". Then his lawyer later that day... "that's not what he meant". LOL
Same as the "love" for DACA Tuesday and no way S-hole countries and no deal the next day. Biggest Flip-Flopper ever. I doubt the doctors report on his health.