Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Cole)      Join Date: Sep 2017       08-14-2018, 7:38 AM Reply   
So in the search of my next towboat Ive been all about the Moombas especially the 2019's the autowake feature and all the great hype people are saying about the 2019 facelift they are getting. But just recently the Tiges are getting my attention I know they are a tad bit more but not drastically more than say getting in to a Supra, Centurion, Malibu or Nautique type line. Ive heard some people say Tige wake maybe not as good as the new Moombas? That's just what I hear but I have been digging their line as well so my question is Moomba vs Tige what would you go with? And what Tige model would you compare to a 2019 Moomba Craz? Any info is helpful! Thanks
Old     (Stazi)      Join Date: Sep 2011       08-14-2018, 10:52 AM Reply   
You could even get into a 2019 Craz Pro for less that a Tige RZR. You’ll get more boat (2’ longer) for the money and the surf and wakeboard wake is awesome. I have a 2017 Craz and love it. Compliments from everyone that has ridden in it, and rode behind it.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-14-2018, 5:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
And what Tige model would you compare to a 2019 Moomba Craz?
In what category? The Craz is listed as a 22ft boat, so the Tige RZX2 and R22 would be the boats to compare as per stated size. However, this doesnt always mean the interior room, weight and free board. Might take getting in 2-3 boats to see what is close to the Craz in those area.

price? I think the R22 would be closer to the craz then the RZX2

Wave performance? Thats wide open right now, since we are talking the 2019s that might not be even on the water yet, with the 2019 features.

Engine? Looks like the craz offers the 400 and 440. I know Tige uses the same Raptor Indmar engines, but do not know if the R22 is limited to 2 engines or is any engine available as an option.
Old     (BLucas86)      Join Date: Apr 2016       08-15-2018, 11:14 AM Reply   
As a Tige owner, my voice is biased. Pricing aside, I have owned a Z3 and currently have an RZX3. I love my Tige's for the wave, overall styling, and the attention to detail and functionality of the interior/helm. Its a bonus that they are manufactured in my home state of Texas, and that my dealer, Texas Tige Marine, provides some of the best service in our market.

My friends have a 2017 Tige RZR, and they absolutely love it. The wave is absolute money! Taps 3 surf system is easy to set up and the control over the wave is solid.

Tige has really refined their product lines, and I would be confident in recommending any of their offerings. As always, go crawl around in them, and demand an on the water demo once you get serious. Thats where the brands true differences will shine.

Good luck.
Old     (drnate)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-24-2018, 2:12 PM Reply   
I'm kind of surprised that no one has mentioned this yet but those two brands are not comparable price-wise. The Moomba is the value line of Skier's Choice (Supras being the higher line). Tige does not have a value line of boats, they would be comparable pricing more to Supra's I believe.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-24-2018, 4:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Tige does not have a value line of boats,
Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr you sure bout this The Tige "R" series boats R a more budget fRiendly lineup in the Tige camp.
Old     (hunter991)      Join Date: Jul 2016       09-14-2018, 12:11 PM Reply   
I recently priced out a Tige R series and it came in way higher than the competing Moomba. Also noticed the Tige was a very narrow boat.
Old     (Shakarocks)      Join Date: Mar 2013       09-14-2018, 1:27 PM Reply   
You should probably compare apples to apples. The R20 has a 94" beam while the R21 and R23 are 102".
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-14-2018, 1:48 PM Reply   
Yeah, gotta ask what R series compared to what moomba? And how was each optioned?
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       09-18-2018, 6:20 AM Reply   
We can all give you opinions and differences all day long, are you set to demo both boats? The Autowake if shown correctly will out shine anything Tige has to offer for 2019. Craz is a fantastic boat all around and think it really plays in the 3 sport boat. Wake, wave & ski is no problem for the Craz, now dial in for your sport and you will be amazed. For the coin going Craz Pro would be my choice mainly for the updated surf tabs.
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       09-18-2018, 12:55 PM Reply   
Autowake??? Is that the new option on Moombas and Supras that everyone turns off??

I always find it funny that every new moomba or Supra owner I talk to (there are tons of them on this lake, because they are the only brands that have a local marina on this lake) is explaining how much they hate Autowake, and that they just shut it off.

They have a nice wave already. Autowake is not helping...... unless you are completely clueless on how to set the boat up.
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       09-18-2018, 1:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixable View Post
They have a nice wave already. Autowake is not helping...... unless you are completely clueless on how to set the boat up.
Clueless people are who it is made for. Not you.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       09-18-2018, 1:37 PM Reply   
Actually, I would say that the clueless people are those who NEVER use Autowake, its sensors, and it’s capabilities. Just shutting it off means you don’t quite get it -all the way- anyway.

It has its usefulness, for sure. It really does. A majorly full slammed boat at full amplitude and 100% ballast all around can use Autowake with a practical purpose. It’s not useful for 75% of scenarios that people run it in, and for sure clueless folks on bot setup will never use it right. It takes a decent degree of clue to use it properly.

To poopoo it and NEVER use it is silly. Nobody ever claimed it’s the end all be all. But it has some nice features.
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       09-18-2018, 2:00 PM Reply   
I'd like Autowake for the built in gyro functionality. It drives me crazy when people are moving around the boat when I'm wakeboarding and the wake is changing as people move. I'd love it for the ability to compensate for people moving around the boat.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       09-19-2018, 5:41 AM Reply   
Once you understand Autowake and how it works it's actually amazing. It has taken me a bit to warm up with it but now it's a must. Just sucks a lot of boats were delivered with "push button" Autowake and never really was taught about it and how it really works. Being able to measure pitch, roll & draft is something else and actually becomes enjoyable. More education and less Ron Popeil "Set it and forget it" will make a lot more people happy.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       09-19-2018, 6:15 AM Reply   
^^spot on. It’s not a Ronco Rotisserie for sure. It’s a tool to be used with your knowledge on how to set up a boat properly.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-19-2018, 3:05 PM Reply   
Maybe dealer personal dont understand it, so obviously a consumer drives off with new boat, not understanding it.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       09-19-2018, 6:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chpthril View Post
Maybe dealer personal dont understand it, so obviously a consumer drives off with new boat, not understanding it.

For sure. I think the launch of the technology missed the boat initially. But to label it useless is a miss. It’s pretty handy.