Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-18-2018, 3:03 AM Reply   
I cannot believe there is no civic duty to try and stop this. I was shocked at how bad it is, live TV, no one to stop this. People video this and watch it happen but just ignore it as if its OK! crazy
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-18-2018, 7:24 AM Reply   
SF has a catch & release policy.They view auto theft burglaries as non-violent low priority crimes and don’t take people to jail for it. They won’t even come out to take a report. It’s a site and release violation (if they were to ever catch you) They claimed that the jails were overcrowded with non-violent crimes such as auto burglary, Believe it or not having a stolen gun on you is the same, (site & Release) I saw an interview with the “at the time” San Francisco police chief & he said they take on average seven guns off of people every day in San Francisco. Most receive a ticket and are let go!!!!
Even if you have a STOLEN gun in you!!!

Oficials say criminals are coming to San Francisco from out of the aera to Commit crimes in SF because they have this catch and release low priority policy.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-18-2018, 7:25 AM Reply   
On a sidenote how stupid is Apple that the display models of their iPhones and computers don’t have some inbedded tracking system that can’t be turned off or removed so they can track down the criminals that Smash and grab at Apple stores
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-18-2018, 8:22 AM Reply   
Grant, that's an invasion of privacy! these criminals have rights, don't you know?

more seriously, what a f'd up system. how on earth is carrying a stolen gun viewed as a non violent crime??
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-18-2018, 8:42 AM Reply   
I agree: I can’t remember the Proposition that fines county’s for over crowding jails. They passed a local proposition here in SF that emptied the jails of people who’s crimes were deemed “Non Violent” it’s complete BS. I love the fact that people are slowly coming to the reality that Democrat run liberal city’s like SF are becoming a hell hole. Yes I agree with you if your packing & you don’t have the right to you should get a trip to county jail minimum. And if your a Fellon and your packing you should be locked up sent to jail do not past go!
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       09-18-2018, 9:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
I agree: I can’t remember the Proposition that fines county’s for over crowding jails. They passed a local proposition here in SF that emptied the jails of people who’s crimes were deemed “Non Violent” it’s complete BS. I love the fact that people are slowly coming to the reality that Democrat run liberal city’s like SF are becoming a hell hole. Yes I agree with you if your packing & you don’t have the right to you should get a trip to county jail minimum. And if your a Fellon and your packing you should be locked up sent to jail do not past go!
I believe it is prop 47. Some crimes including assault on a peace officer and some rape is considered non violent and is only considered a ticket now. Criminals are becoming more and more empowered.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-18-2018, 9:46 AM Reply   
Delta I think your right:
They were showing that Auto Burglary crimes spiked way UP, right after the criminals were let out of jail from the new proposition. Tourist spots are prime picking for these roaches. Out of Towners have no idea of how orginized and fast these criminals are. Same type of thing go’s on in Hawaii at Sunset Beach, locals that prey on tourist leaving valuables in the car while they enjoy the beach.
Old     (Squamer)      Join Date: Oct 2015       09-19-2018, 10:31 AM Reply   
Grant, When we went to Hawaii last year the rental company told us to leave the windows down. Lady said it was a guarantee someone would dig through the car so it was easier to let them then to deal with a smashed window. Imagine that
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-19-2018, 3:39 PM Reply   
We were in Hawaii, We went to Sunset Beach. Wife put her bag in the trunk, We locked the car, Walked to the beach. A bench by the bathrooms had like 8-10 local teenagers all sitting around it quietly and calmly. At the time we thought nothing of it. We came back to the rental car. Everything was fine. Wife got her bag back out of the trunk. Just by chance she noticed 2 credit cards were gone. The organized group of kids watched us put her bag in the truck and broke in the car with out making it apparent and took just 2 cards, Most people it would have taken a few hrs or even days to notice the credit cards were missing, We reported it, The local cop who called back and said Yup. That's Hawaii's dirty little secrete they have a real problem with this kind of theft and keep it on the down low its good the rental car company let you know ahead of time. The cop told us. "Your Lucky@ Hanauma Bay the locals were Straight up knocking tourists out and robbing them. Oooo Beautiful Hawaii Where the Locals Hate you