Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

View Poll Results: Should this be charged as a Hate Crime?
Yes 16 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-09-2017, 8:08 PM Reply   
I was just about to post this update.

She got her Facebook privileges taken away.................. really ............wow , what has the world come to . Could you imagine what the outcome would have been had it been 4 whites and a disabled black kid????? Cities would be burning right now ,

People wonder why the cycle of violence never ends in these communities. It’s becaue nobody is ever held accountable , excuse after excuse for savagery .i have had cases in front of Hooks on numerous occasions , he a true piece of work. #%^ bags know if they get in front of him their chances of walking even if found guilty are very high. He’s the king of reducing sentences on very solid cases . Judge Hooks is a huge part of the problem .......in the past 4 months Hooks has handed out probation on 4 publicized cases. 2 for armed robbery , and two for aggravated assault. All 4 of the probationers have wound up right back in jail committing even more violent felonies. Two of the four for murder. Is Hooks held liable? Never. The Cook County court system is a complete circus .

My only hope is the DOJ steps in and charges them federally for civil rights violations , you can bet if the colors werr reversed they would have been filed already .
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-10-2017, 5:54 AM Reply   
I don't understand hate crimes at all. Someone explain why its worse to kill someone for being a different color than killing them because you want to see someone die (thanks johnny cash). The victim is the same amount of dead either way. Who cares why, fry the guy.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-10-2017, 8:06 AM Reply   
What’s strange is we all know about this double standard but no one seems to care enough to do anything about it. I would like to Here from the local libtard bleeding hearts here on W/W, Questiondo they admit that a double standard exists? IMO this is just another example of why you have a “under the table” racism in this country. When people scream they want equality but then go full retard when they are called out or held accountable or are treated equal. The saying “Equal Rights” that the Left loves to throw around does that apply on a application to College? Example why is Race even a question on the College application? How many people have gotten a “Free Pass” or a “Job” a “Promotion” just because they are the right Race for a government job that says we need “Diversity” policy’s like affirmative action cause more “under the table OR behind closed doors racism. IMO This case is just another one of many many examples of why race relations are strained. And it starts with double standards and the inability to tell or say the truth. Example let’s say your 100% confirmed “Not a Racist” in any way shape or form Someone shows up at your business and he or she looks talks and acts ghetto, God forbid you tell them exactley why you would NEVER hire them. You would have lawyers all over you so fast. So people lie they say “Sorry we are not hiring” because they are afraid to tell the person the Truth. Tell me how does lying to the person looking for the job help them? And In fact the person looking for the job that you did not hire knows deep down you lied to them. The only difference is they think you didn’t hire them because of skin color! It couldn’t be the 20 other warning signs that the employer spotted. Sorry to say but burning a city or having a protest or throwing a fit is not gonna make stupid people like the ones that did this crime smarter or reverse double standard policy’s. Sorry to say it is what it is.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-10-2017, 9:31 AM Reply   
Yes there are double standards, reverse racism is just more racism imo. You can't equal the playing field with equality of outcome you must do it with equality of opportunity.

Last edited by ralph; 12-10-2017 at 9:40 AM.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-10-2017, 1:44 PM Reply   
Ralph: thanks for your reply. Your pretty diplomatic. Without oversimplifying things give us a few of your ideas on the subject of easing race relations. On one hand I think double standards keep the hate going on the other hand, I know simply removing double stamdards is never gonna happen and making things TRULEY equal is never gonna happen. So why fret over it. I simply know this world is not a perfect place, I don’t Try and effect change outside of my immediate bubble. I feel we only have so much time on this earth enjoy it while your here, don’t stress on stuff like this that will never change, just know it exists and Deal with it appropriately
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-10-2017, 2:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Ralph: thanks for your reply. Your pretty diplomatic. Without oversimplifying things give us a few of your ideas on the subject of easing race relations. On one hand I think double standards keep the hate going on the other hand, I know simply removing double stamdards is never gonna happen and making things TRULEY equal is never gonna happen. So why fret over it. I simply know this world is not a perfect place, I don’t Try and effect change outside of my immediate bubble. I feel we only have so much time on this earth enjoy it while your here, don’t stress on stuff like this that will never change, just know it exists and Deal with it appropriately
There is never going to be equality, trying to force it results in unresolved unfairness which causes a push back. IMO this is what we currently see with animosity between republicans and democrats. Democrats are pushing for equality of outcome, ie push those at the top down, push those at the bottom up making everyone equal. Marxist paradise. This does nothing to resolve why there is inequality.

IMO the focus of the system needs to be equality of opportunity, ie invest in education and healthcare so those which are starting at zero have an opportunity to better themselves. Currently I think the system has too many in it which given a different circumstance could make a success of themselves but don't for many reasons. When you take these people and put them in a **** school system with no pathway to success you produce "roaches".
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-10-2017, 4:11 PM Reply   
I agree about a failed school system producing human garbage. BUT how much money are willing to invest in a system that has NEVER worked. Don’t tell me we have not tried or invested Millions or Billions. If throwing Money at that community would fix things this problem would have been fixed long ago. The community needs to invest in itself and or Step the F up. Have your heard You can leed a horse to water.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-10-2017, 5:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
If throwing Money at that community would fix things this problem would have been fixed long ago.
100% agree, you can wall paper schools with money and it won't fix the problem, there needs to be smarter investment, not just more.

Quote:
The community needs to invest in itself and or Step the F up. Have your heard You can leed a horse to water.
Purely from a pragmatic point of view a "you should" attitude hasn't and isn't going to fix anything, the reality is if that's all it took they would have done it by now. Something else has to be done if you want it to be better.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       12-12-2017, 12:11 AM Reply   
Lame this girl got off with probation. Almost as bad as Brock Turner. Or this asshat who was acquitted:

Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-12-2017, 7:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Lame this girl got off with probation. Almost as bad as Brock Turner. Or this asshat who was acquitted:
There is really no similarity at all in either of these cases and to make any attempt to link one to the orther is foolish.

A jury acquitted the officer , the female above was found guilty. I will say without a doubt the commands used in that video you linked are about as bad as it gets, however not criminal. The intent and willfulness to commit a crime wasn’t even on the table. It’s a sad attempt to link the premeditated torture of a handicapped individual , to the death of an individual that was observed waiving a gun around in his hotel room while highly, highly intoxicated (.27-.29 BAC) and made a bunch of bad decisions . The only reason that case even went to trial was because of the inscription on the officers rifle. They even had the lesser included mslaughter charges on the docket Prime example of lefties wanting to blame everyone else except the individual responsible for their own demise.

Feel free to elaborate on why this incident should have resulted in a conviction , I’d love to hear your reasoning.

Also would love to hear how a rapist (Brock) and an individual who tortured a handicapped individual are in the sand class as this officer called to the scene to deal with a drunken armed individual .

Last edited by xstarrider; 12-12-2017 at 7:11 PM.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       12-12-2017, 9:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
There is really no similarity at all in either of these cases and to make any attempt to link one to the orther is foolish.

A jury acquitted the officer , the female above was found guilty. I will say without a doubt the commands used in that video you linked are about as bad as it gets, however not criminal. The intent and willfulness to commit a crime wasn’t even on the table. It’s a sad attempt to link the premeditated torture of a handicapped individual , to the death of an individual that was observed waiving a gun around in his hotel room while highly, highly intoxicated (.27-.29 BAC) and made a bunch of bad decisions . The only reason that case even went to trial was because of the inscription on the officers rifle. They even had the lesser included mslaughter charges on the docket Prime example of lefties wanting to blame everyone else except the individual responsible for their own demise.

Feel free to elaborate on why this incident should have resulted in a conviction , I’d love to hear your reasoning.

Also would love to hear how a rapist (Brock) and an individual who tortured a handicapped individual are in the sand class as this officer called to the scene to deal with a drunken armed individual .
Yeah the drunk started to move toward the officer if he stayed put he would have not been dead right now.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-13-2017, 6:25 AM Reply   
The cop murdered that guy and got off.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-13-2017, 6:53 AM Reply   
^ that was hard to watch, but the guy didn't keep his hands in the air as instructed and clearly reached back to his waistline.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-13-2017, 9:16 AM Reply   
Don’t you love how libral Loons like Wes try & side track the Orignal thread and it’s topic, to somthing completely different and off topic, What does the cop blasting this guy have Anything to do with these “super Predators” kidnaping and torturing a handicapped kid? And then getting a pass.

Last edited by grant_west; 12-13-2017 at 9:21 AM.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       12-13-2017, 10:42 AM Reply   
Actually it was completely on topic (flawed justice system). As I said, it's wrong that she got off. Reminds me of this case (and tons of others) from the town where I'll be spending christmas this year:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...ory-story.html

Ultimately there was a civil suit (brought by the SPLC), and I imagine that's where this one is heading too.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-13-2017, 3:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
The cop murdered that guy and got off.
Why do you believe that’s the case here. Do you know any of the background gvthecdeyails or did you just make that inference based off 30 second video clip
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-13-2017, 3:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Actually it was completely on topic (flawed justice system). As I said, it's wrong that she got off. Reminds me of this case (and tons of others) from the town where I'll be spending christmas this year:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...ory-story.html

Ultimately there was a civil suit (brought by the SPLC), and I imagine that's where this one is heading too.
The difference is she didn’t get off. She was found guilty and the judge chose to disregard sentencing laws and impose his own. Which this judge happens to do a lot.

Still waiting to here the details on why you believe the case involving the visor above is flawed and cop should be charged with murder. You’ve made the statement twice now with no reasoning or explanation on why

Last edited by xstarrider; 12-13-2017 at 3:35 PM.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-13-2017, 5:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Why do you believe that’s the case here. Do you know any of the background gvthecdeyails or did you just make that inference based off 30 second video clip
Textbook case on how to murder someone if you are a cop. Shout confusing commands interspersed with threats of getting filled with lead until the confused guy makes a mistake. Even you almost figured that out.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       12-13-2017, 5:19 PM Reply   
we all know what they are