Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (TexasRanger2012)      Join Date: May 2014       07-28-2014, 7:09 PM Reply   
I'm looking for a mid '90s or early '00s boat that produces a good wake for wake boarding. I'm in my early twenties so I'm not looking to spend too much, but I'm not going to compromise for a crappy boat. Does anyone use a late '90s or early '00s boat for wake boarding that they would recommend I look for? I could really use some help. I'd really like a bow rider but again, I'm not looking to spend too much.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-28-2014, 8:47 PM Reply   
To find a v-drive boat around 20k is going to be pushing it. However here is a list of late 90's early 00's v drive boats that can be had in 20k range if you can find one out there. They are the hottest boats to find and anything decent in that range will disappear quickly

Correct Craft Super Sport Nautiqe
Correct craft Super Air Nautique
Mastercraft prostar 205V
Mastercraft X Star(99-2002)
Malibu Sunsetter VLX
Malibu Wakesetter VLX
Moomba LSV
Moomba möbius V
Supra 22ssv

Here are great direct drive alternatives that throw awesome wakeboard wakes. These should come in at under 20k but again are hard to find these days as well. These boats will be in mid to upper teens.
DIRECT DRIVE WAKEBOATS (engine in middle)
Correct Craft Sport Nautique
Correct Craft Air Nautique
Mastercraft prostar 205
Mastercraft X5
Mastercraft prostar 195
Malibu Wakesetter
Malibu Sunsetter
Supra Launch

Here are the best budget wakeboats at around the 10k mark

Correct Craft 2001 Nautique ( yrs made 86-89 I believe ......... 2001 is the model not the year )
Supra Sunsport

Last edited by xstarrider; 07-28-2014 at 8:52 PM.
Old     (jamespjackson95)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-28-2014, 11:28 PM Reply   
Here's a 1997 malibu sunsetter vlx at 15k
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/boa/4569197242.html
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-29-2014, 5:58 AM Reply   
Whats your real budget and how many people you expecting to ride with?
Old     (novaman64)      Join Date: Jun 2014       07-29-2014, 7:12 AM Reply   
To add to your list... You didnt mention how much you wanted to spend..

But you can sometimes find decent deals on Sanger V210's. There are 2 on CL for 17-18 in my area right now...

For a way cheaper DD alternative look at the Sanger DLX (open bow, 12-14k range) or DXII. The DXII is a closed bow, but throws a pretty good wake, someone over at Sangernation forums says he can surf behind his DXII ropeless without ballast. You can find them used anywhere from 5000-10000.

Last edited by novaman64; 07-29-2014 at 7:16 AM.
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       07-29-2014, 8:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
To find a v-drive boat around 20k is going to be pushing it. However here is a list of late 90's early 00's v drive boats that can be had in 20k range if you can find one out there. They are the hottest boats to find and anything decent in that range will disappear quickly

Correct Craft Super Sport Nautiqe
Correct craft Super Air Nautique
Mastercraft prostar 205V
Mastercraft X Star(99-2002)
Malibu Sunsetter VLX
Malibu Wakesetter VLX
Moomba LSV
Moomba möbius V
Supra 22ssv

Here are great direct drive alternatives that throw awesome wakeboard wakes. These should come in at under 20k but again are hard to find these days as well. These boats will be in mid to upper teens.
DIRECT DRIVE WAKEBOATS (engine in middle)
Correct Craft Sport Nautique
Correct Craft Air Nautique
Mastercraft prostar 205
Mastercraft X5
Mastercraft prostar 195
Malibu Wakesetter
Malibu Sunsetter
Supra Launch

Here are the best budget wakeboats at around the 10k mark

Correct Craft 2001 Nautique ( yrs made 86-89 I believe ......... 2001 is the model not the year )
Supra Sunsport
Yahoo! I made the list!
Old     (TexasRanger2012)      Join Date: May 2014       08-01-2014, 9:16 PM Reply   
Thanks everyone, all of you were great help! Honestly I don't have an exact number in mind to spend right now. I'm really trying to see what boat I can get for the best deal. Thanks for all the input and help!