Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (kronoss)      Join Date: Oct 2010       09-04-2014, 11:58 AM Reply   
Speaking as a tige owner... it kinda sucks. Bunch of marketing mumbo jumbo.

Looks like all it does, is to give you a remote control for your trim tab (taps2)
http://www.tige.com/surfx

Tige, please stop trying to make stupid things like surfx, convex vx, and just implement some damn surf tabs... every single boat except yours seem to have one these days. All this money you wasted on marketing could of been used to implement some awesome NSS style tabs.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-04-2014, 1:57 PM Reply   
I am the opposite and dont own a Tige. However all the nss etcs out there work great if all your using is stock ballast. Great you can hop from side to side. But who in the hell just surfs with stock ballast hell most dont wakeboard with stock ballast. Kind of my thought on all these new surf systems. I wont say NO ONE but the majority are slamming one side or the other and the nss etc is pointless for surfing both sides. Just my thoughts.
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       09-04-2014, 2:12 PM Reply   
FYI, it doesn't adjust the TAPS plate, it adjusts the ConvexVX.

I don't know about everyone else but when my wife drives, she really gets locked into just driving the boat and worrying about other boats on the water. She gets a little irritated when I ask her to adjust the speed, ballast, TAPS, stereo, etc while I'm riding.

I usually just end up settling: make a couple adjustments to the wake or turn the stereo up. I've never asked for both...I'm afraid of what might happen!
Old     (turbojedi)      Join Date: Jun 2013       09-05-2014, 8:03 AM Reply   
Not a bad idea, would not mind one to adjust speed and trim tabs when wake boarding , just my 2 cents
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-05-2014, 9:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampawake View Post
I am the opposite and dont own a Tige. However all the nss etcs out there work great if all your using is stock ballast. Great you can hop from side to side. But who in the hell just surfs with stock ballast hell most dont wakeboard with stock ballast. Kind of my thought on all these new surf systems. I wont say NO ONE but the majority are slamming one side or the other and the nss etc is pointless for surfing both sides. Just my thoughts.
Stock ballast? We run 4000+k in our boat when surfing with surf gate, wave is huge long and easy to ride.

I'm not a big fan of the rider making adjustments to the boat. A select few know what they are doing, 99% have no clue and would just make it frustrating
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-05-2014, 10:07 AM Reply   
What i and a lot of other Tige Owners would like to see is quicker fill and drain times.The waves and wakes are awesome. They need to integrate 1-1/8" hoses to their pumps and ballast bags.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-05-2014, 11:24 AM Reply   
It will adjust two things; the new adjustable Convex VX (I think it's called AdaptiVX) and Taps2. There are four buttons on the remote control that will move these either up or down. Seems like a good idea for getting the wave exactly like you'd like it as a rider. Hopefully it works from wakeboarding rope lengths too so that you can play with Taps2 while you're actually riding on the wake. I'd love to be able to play with the Wedge adjustment on my boat while I'm out there, or transfer the wave from side to side while surfing.

Last edited by wakeworld; 09-05-2014 at 12:06 PM.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-05-2014, 11:41 AM Reply   
I think that is a pretty cool idea as long as it is waterproof and has a lanyard that tightens up around their wrist. I assume it has both those things.

If a rider doesn't know what they are doing don't give it to them.
Old     (OneCent)      Join Date: Jul 2010       09-05-2014, 11:55 AM Reply   
Well, the remote control ist a good idea, Tiges implementation is not. Soon we will see the controls with smartwatches over bluetooth...
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-05-2014, 12:23 PM Reply   
I personally would love to have more control over my wave bit I wouldn't give it to most riders on my boat.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       09-05-2014, 10:08 PM Reply   
A guy on themalibucrew not only made his own surfgate system for his boat, but added a remote control for the rider to switch sides on their own. He did this earlier this year, pretty badass really. No one to blame for not making the transfer other than the rider controlling the switch. I'm hoping he patented it.
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       09-07-2014, 5:57 PM Reply   
Better have a tight grip on that remote while riding