Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (hopkins)      Join Date: May 2013       05-16-2013, 12:36 PM Reply   
Hey everyone. I am looking at buying a 2010 nautique 226. Can anyone tell me about the wakeboard wake? I have searched and can't find much info on this model. Any info would be much appreciated. Been riding for several years and the last boat I had was a supra 24ssv. Just afraid I will be dissapointed in the wake of this crossover boat. Thanks
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       05-16-2013, 1:51 PM Reply   
I think this is a 226 they are riding behind:

http://www.wakeworld.com/news/videos/summer-begins.html
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-16-2013, 1:52 PM Reply   
I rode a 226 and it was horrible. In its defense, we were riding in brackish water which certainly affects the performance of the boat. But.....it was small and washed, despite running a lot of weight and trying several configurations. I have heard that it is better in fresh water, but I would recommend trying it first.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-16-2013, 2:15 PM Reply   
A dude in our crew had one.. It took about a full year of test and trials - but after a year he got it completely dialed and it wsa mackin.. Surf wave was awesome.. It's not a quick plug and play boat unless you cna find someone who successfully has dialed one in and copy their set up. I believe he had to use some sand/lead on the walkthrough side and he ran about 3k in it.. Took a while to get dialed - but when it was - it was a great wake to ride.
Old     (slowwwflowww)      Join Date: Mar 2011       05-16-2013, 2:23 PM Reply   
There"s a 2005 226 for sale near me for $45.000 nice boat.
Old     (pcuezze)      Join Date: Aug 2014       09-02-2014, 12:50 PM Reply   
Sorry to bump an old thread, but we bought a 2012 226 and have finally dialed in a very good surf wake. We are 50/50 wakeboard/surfing. This boat took longer to dial in than we thought, but we finally have it now. First off, for wake boarding, speed is your friend. My kids wanted to ride at 16.5 when we first got it and the wake was horrible no matter what we did with the ballast. We moved up to 18.7 and it was all the difference in the world. Now, we run completely without ballast and can get both wakes super clean with decent enough pop. We're not yet advanced enough to worry about the wake size, but we had a professional rider out with us last weekend (Kirby Liesman) and he was able to throw every trick with zero ballast at 22.2 MPH.

As for surfing, here is what has been very successful for us: We plumbed in an additional 600 in each rear locker. So we fill the port (or starboard) completely (900+lbs). and the belly completely (another 400ish) and place a 750lb sack on the floor all the way astern. Depending on who is on the boat, we put two adults in the bow or another 300ish pounds of ballast. So about 2200 lbs is all we need for a very tall wake with a nice crisp top and a decent curl. It's not the longest wake I've ridden, to be sure, but it is big, clean and has plenty of push. The rub rail is about 1" from the waterline.
We only have 1 goofy foot rider and the starboard wake is definitely not as nice but still serviceable. We run at 10.8 MPH. I've found that you want just enough speed for the rooster tail to "pop" off to one side. Once that happens, the wake cleans up and you're good to go. Hope that helps someone else, because it took us a lot of jacking around to find the best wake.