Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (Dominus)      Join Date: Apr 2017       04-27-2017, 5:15 AM Reply   
Hey guys and girls!

So, I haven't wakeboarded for about 12 years since I was a teenager, until recently that is. I went to the local cable park (never done cable before) a few weeks ago and immediately fell in love. I've been for the past two weeks in a row, and I plan on becoming a regular at the local park soon enough.

I really want to buy a board now, and would appreciate a bit of advice. I'm a bigger guy at 93kg (~205lb) and 6ft tall, so I was thinking I need to be looking at 140cm+ (55"+) cable park boards? Are the hybrids any good for park only use?

The thing is, everything here in Australia is super expensive and a new board and bindings could easily cost $1k+. As I'm still starting out this is just out of the question, so I was thinking I would buy used to begin with.

Right now I have the option between an as new 2016 Liquid Force Shane Dose 145, which I will have to source bindings for. The other option is a Liquid Force Watson 143 with bindings included (Not sure exactly which). Is there any of these two boards that would suit my needs better? Will I be making a mistake by buying a hybrid instead of a park only Slingshot Reflex, for example?

Would love to hear some feedback from more experienced riders. Keep in mind I am buying used so I will have to take whats available or be patient.